Juan Bernat

Messi983

There is no LB who can bench Alba right now because of his "amigo status". Personally I don't think Alba's performances have really been that bad he would need to be replaced because of them but I'm just tired of his personality. That's the biggest reason I want him out of the club but with 4 years still left on his contract (people usually complain about our poor signings but for me our biggest mistakes over the past two years were renewing Alba until 2024 and Busi till 2023) this won't happen anytime soon. And he also won't be benched until Messi&Co. are here protecting him. So spending whatever (big) money on a LB before 2022 would be stupid imo. Getting a young talent and waste his development by sitting behind Alba also don't make sense. He'll want more playing time and leave (like Digne) before he'll get actual chance to show if he can be a longterm starter. Maybe sign that Polish kid I wrote about in another thread for cheap, loan him to Betis for two years and see how he develops. In the meantime keep Firpo. At least Setien knows and trust him from their time at Betis so he should get enough minutes and I think he can improve in a full year under Setien as long as he stays healthy.

vuji_31

Always plus for signing young players.
That polish guy is really fast and agile, but he is playing LB with his stronger foot being right foot. Never seen something like that except when Pep plays with City.
Obviously we have great relationship with Betis, so sending him on loan there for 2 seasons would be good option.

Home of Barca Fans