Juan Bernat

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's worse defensively but looks right at home in the role he plays for Bayern, produces many good moments there. Him playing LB for Spain largely depends on who is put in the midfield and at RB to cover for him (he needs more covering than Alba does for sure).

If it were Azpi on the right and Koke-Isco in midfield to support Busi, Bernat could play without being too much of a problem defensively and help out with the wide transition. If it were Juanfran and Cesc/Silva/Iniesta, then it wouldn't be the case. I like him better in attack than Alba. Smarter decision making and excellent movement to link up with the midfielders, he knows how to act as an 'extra midfielder'.

F

Flavia

He's worse defensively but looks right at home in the role he plays for Bayern, produces many good moments there. Him playing LB for Spain largely depends on who is put in the midfield and at RB to cover for him (he needs more covering than Alba does for sure).

If it were Azpi on the right and Koke-Isco in midfield to support Busi, Bernat could play without being too much of a problem defensively and help out with the wide transition. If it were Juanfran and Cesc/Silva/Iniesta, then it wouldn't be the case. I like him better in attack than Alba. Smarter decision making and excellent movement to link up with the midfielders, he knows how to act as an 'extra midfielder'.

Don Juan incoming? :pep:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
i rarely watch bayern games. is he taking over alaba's spot?

Alaba has some hybrid sweeper/midfielder with license to move between zones but Bernat basically holds down the left flank. Alaba is injured currently so they don't play the sweeper system but Bernat holds the same responsibilities more or less, they coexist well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He was off to a rocky start for Bayern and got a lot of heat from their fans, but he has improved steadfastly and he was very, very good yesterday against Leverkusen, MOTM in my opinion.

Just one of the moments yesterday: If he didn't clear this one, Bayern would have conceded early.

ArtisticLegalBluefish.gif

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Based on what I have read on multiple Bayern forums, both English and Chinese. Certain I have no idea how German Bayern fans felt about him.

Well, English and/or Chinese Bayern fans should probably not be considered the golden standard of Bayern fans. From what I've read and how I felt was more in the direction of "well, 13M for a young guy, supposedly a good prospect according to Pep and some Spanish fans. Probably just a backup for Alaba and Ribery, but still seems like a good deal." And thus far he has been tremendous for us, given our injury crisis.

Home of Barca Fans