Josep Maria Bartomeu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
How are Puyol and Valdes still part of the team? And Xavi has not been a starting XI player this season. Iniesta and Messi were brought by the board before Laporta, but only cemented a place in the starting XI during Laporta's term, under Rijkaard and Guardiola. They have developed a lot during that period, which is why they're so amazingly good right now.

You said this board was gifted so many players by Laporta. Valdes was a key player till last year. And Puyol as well.

JamDav1982

Don't you read what I'm writing? I said this season, not the one before that.

The point is that Laporta got the same benefits of players brought in before he was there also. A group of legendary players that would come into their prime in his time.

Nothing will better that as players being at a club when you take over. Ever.

The same advantage will be for next president as well. It will always be the case.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't you read what I'm writing? I said this season, not the one before that.

No time to read. Only skim now. :p

Anyway, of the Gala 11, 7/11 of the players were brought by this board.

Of the entire squad, 16/25 of the current squad joined the squad (bought/promoted) under this board.

MessiDinho10

Not saying they are part of team but they were the most important players in Peps team in Laportas era. No different from players being from Laporta era now.

Messi and Iniesta were too young to nail down place before Laporta but they were always going to be big players. Messi was going to be best in world regardless.

Still, they have developed most under Laporta, for which he made decisions to make room for that development. It's easy to say they we're always going to be great players, but their development could've been hampered with other people in charge. I have yet to see that development of a youth player under this board. They've had a golden chance with Thiago, as he was sure to become a top player (which he is) but they fucked up big time. Then there's the lack of development of players in the B-team and the poor decisions of clubs regarding loans of players.

King5Puyi

This is politics,it's always a classic Douche VS Turd case. As once put down clearly by, *erhm* , South Park, for anyone to have made it up all the way up there,are clearly corrupted in their own ways. There's nothing to gain but vain having to compare the two. You just have got to choose for the lesser evil and hope for the best ,and in our case,I believe that is Laporta&Co.

JamDav1982

Still, they have developed most under Laporta, for which he made decisions to make room for that development. It's easy to say they we're always going to be great players, but their development could've been hampered with other people in charge. I have yet to see that development of a youth player under this board. They've had a golden chance with Thiago, as he was sure to become a top player (which he is) but they fucked up big time. Then there's the lack of development of players in the B-team and the poor decisions of clubs regarding loans of players.

There has not been a youth player left coming in to the team anywhere near what Messi, Iniesta were like.

Messi wasnt even really developed or coached he was just a genius they put in team. No one can coach what he does and no one would have held him back.

Thiago never showed enough to break into first team and didnt have patience to stay around. Easy to say board fucked up but Xavi almost left to go to Bayern as he wanted a change at Barca before Pep came in.

MessiDinho10

No time to read. Only skim now. :p

Anyway, of the Gala 11, 7/11 of the players were brought by this board.

Of the entire squad, 16/25 of the current squad joined the squad (bought/promoted) under this board.

I count 5 when promoted/developed/brought. Messi (developed), Iniesta (developed), Alves (brought in), Pique (brought in) developed) and Busquets (brought in, developed), who are pretty much the core of the team, bar a few exceptions.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I count 5 when promoted/developed/brought. Messi (developed), Iniesta (developed), Alves (brought in), Pique (brought in) developed) and Busquets (brought in, developed), who are pretty much the core of the team, bar a few exceptions.

My mistake, 6/11.

JamDav1982

Three of the CL team were brought in to Barca in Laporta era.

MessiDinho10

There has not been a youth player left coming in to the team anywhere near what Messi, Iniesta were like.

Messi wasnt even really developed or coached he was just a genius they put in team. No one can coach what he does and no one would have held him back.

Thiago never showed enough to break into first team and didnt have patience to stay around. Easy to say board fucked up but Xavi almost left to go to Bayern as he wanted a change at Barca before Pep came in.

Thiago showed enough to break into the first team, the kid oozes quality and that was very evident ever since he made his debut. He was not given enough room to grow and that's very clear, because Fabregas was bought during that time (which is just one reason). If such a signing doesn't restrict a players development I don't know what does. Eventually Thiago left because of multiple reasons (some which the board caused), not just because he wasn't patient, which is naive to say the least.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Thiago showed enough to break into the first team, the kid oozes quality and that was very evident ever since he made his debut. He was not given enough room to grow and that's very clear, because Fabregas was bought during that time (which is just one reason). If such a signing doesn't restrict a players development I don't know what does. Eventually Thiago left because of multiple reasons (some which the board caused), not just because he wasn't patient, which is naive to say the least.

Thiago did break in to first team but never showed enough by the point he left to be a starter or deserve more minutes than he got and he got a lot.

That may of came but he never waited long enough to do that.

The signing of Cesc was attempted by previous board and was requested by Pep and Cesc played better for Barca than Thiago did at that point.

Home of Barca Fans