José Giménez

Jombi

Well yeah,top young CB's like Marquinhos,Laporte,Varane,Stones all cost 50 + M. The only one who's of similar quality but much cheaper is probably Mustafi.

Mustafi is much better than all of them, especially the joke Stones. Bartra is better than Stones. Stones is completely average and doesnt belong in this discussion at all.

Jeison Murillo from Inter, Jonathan Tah from Leverkusen, Andreas Christensen from Gladbach and Samuel Umtiti from Lyon are just some who are better than Laporte, Stones and Marquinhos.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Speaking of AM CBs ,what is Lucas buyout?was really impressed by him in Jose absence .

Mustafi is much better than all of them, especially the joke Stones. Bartra is better than Stones. Stones is completely average and doesnt belong in this discussion at all.

Jeison Murillo from Inter, Jonathan Tah from Leverkusen, Andreas Christensen from Gladbach and Samuel Umtiti from Lyon are just some who are better than Laporte, Stones and Marquinhos.

I know many die hard Inter fan ,most of them was happy with his performance in the 1st half of the season ,but toward the second half most of them said he was really bad.not sure if he has rebounded though
Christensen is owned by Chelsea . and I think you are really underrating Marquinhos

MaxY

Devil May Cry

Mustafi is MUCH better than Varane? Really?

Darko

Mustafi is much better than all of them, especially the joke Stones. Bartra is better than Stones. Stones is mediocrity personified.

Have to agree, whenever I watch Stones he is not impressive at all. And whenever I watch Mustafi he's class.

BenRobbins

Marquinhos is another level compared to these.

He has the potential to be but limited playing time really messes with these young defenders. All the others are playing week in week out apart from maybe varane and are progressing. Sitting on the bench is really damaging.

Acer

He has the potential to be but limited playing time really messes with these young defenders. All the others are playing week in week out apart from maybe varane and are progressing. Sitting on the bench is really damaging.
no. Marquinhos has played almost all the big games in this year in UCl. He did not played some insignificant match in Ligue 1, but in both the last year and this year has played almost all the big games.

Is more talented than the others young CB especially his ability to read the game is in another level. Giminez is good, but like Godin, i wan't to see him in a team who don't park the bus all the time.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marquinhos is the centre back God. Even the likes of Maldini are his devotes.

hulinat

Wonder why we haven't shown any interest in this guy. He's only got 1 year left in his contract and would be available for cheap probably. He's also qutie versatile and played very well as a RB and DM for Atletico last season but ofc it's very different from Barca.

gasgas

Wonder why we haven't shown any interest in this guy. He's only got 1 year left in his contract and would be available for cheap probably. He's also qutie versatile and played very well as a RB and DM for Atletico last season but ofc it's very different from Barca.

It would be unfair to Marlon

Home of Barca Fans