Jordi Mboula

God Serena

I doubt it. More likely he'll end up like Adama and Deulofeu.
Kid got some highlight reel actions for sure, but aside from that there's not a whole lot that I've seen from him, that screams first team material any time soon.

If he's not comfortable taking a year at the B team, well then, good riddance.

Doesn't seem to be anything close to the type of player either of those two are. He's definitely our top attacking prospect as of right now and has more first team potential than either of those two, but impatience often takes over with those kids.

It probably doesn't help that he knows damn well we'll inevitably be tripping over ourselves trying to re-sign him for a massive fee if he turns out to be even a little good.

Trickykid

Doesn't seem to be anything close to the type of player either of those two are. He's definitely our top attacking prospect as of right now and has more first team potential than either of those two, but impatience often takes over with those kids.

It probably doesn't help that he knows damn well we'll inevitably be tripping over ourselves trying to re-sign him for a massive fee if he turns out to be even a little good.

Nonsense. Deulo was at least as good a prospect back then as Mboula is.

Warik

Agree, the comparisons with Adama and Deulofeu are strange. To me it's not so much impatience as the result of the neglect of La Masia throughout Lucho's tenure and by the Board. We missed out on a lot in the past few years, and whilst we've always lost out on some players, its rarely the players the club internally rates highly, with the exception of Cesc and Pique a long time ago now. Now seems to be the best players in our system who want to leave.

These kids can't see themselves getting a chance any more. Which is sad. In Mboula's case in particular because he is now seeing us linked with Dembele, who plays his position, and is also young.

God Serena

Nonsense. Deulo was at least as good a prospect back then as Mboula is.

I didn't watch Deulo as often back then but I think a case can be made for how Mboula is wanted directly from the Juveniles by top first division teams, while Deu spent years with the B team.

Style of play probably plays a large role in that. I see more potential in the way Mboula plays, than the way Deu plays even now.

navidjaan

At Juvenil A, Deulofeu was fucking spectacular. Much better and influential than Mboula. With Oscar Garcia as coach, he was LW, False 9 and RW. And then he went on to play well for the B team as well.

Windhook

The problem is the impatience on both sides - player and club. Nobody who came from La Masia was promoted to a starter in the first team in his first season, except for Sergio Busquets. It took 2-3 season for Messi to convince Rijkaard that he's ready to replace the declining Ludovic Guily, even more time for Iniesta to claim his spot. I'm not saying that every promoted player has great qualities, but it takes time for things to work out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He at least needs to play a season in Barca B. If he doesn't want to do that: Hasta la vista

Trickykid

I didn't watch Deulo as often back then but I think a case can be made for how Mboula is wanted directly from the Juveniles by top first division teams, while Deu spent years with the B team.

Style of play probably plays a large role in that. I see more potential in the way Mboula plays, than the way Deu plays even now.

As others have already pointed out, Deulo was a god at the youth levels. Besides, he was wanted by plenty top clubs as well, just as Adama was wanted by Real.

Neither of those two developed as we hoped, just as Ruben Rochina, Sanabria (who's, as far as I recall, departure was widely lamented as well in here) and a host of other attacking Barça starlets didn't.

Perhaps Mboula will, but so far he doesn't stand out between the plethora of talent who have either tried to make the grade here and failed, or the ones who left to seek greener pastures.

khaled_a_d

As others pointed out, no attacking player looked a beast in La Masia since Messi like Deulo.
And Mboula and Adam comparison was actually there before this season but he improved well last year.
Doesn't mean he will end up a bust,but also not worth bending for his demands either

Last edited:

Zinedinho

I've always thought Mboula is sometimes spectacular, but overall inconsistent so far. He has potential, but far from a sure bet. If he wants to leave, good riddance.

Jallo

Mboula clearly doesn't trust barca's coaching. He doesn't trust the team to nature his talent. He had bad coaching for at least 2 years now, he doesn't want to have a third. We can all admit that the youth coaching in the pro department of la masia is not good enough right now. We have failed plenty of players lately and I can understand the lack of faith.
If I was him I would make a business decision and to Monaco I know they are youth centric. They will get me ready quicker than Barcelona and I can always comeback. Mboula has to make a decision that is best for him.
If the Barcelona crass thought Gumbau was better than Samper, how is Mboula ever gonna get a chance? Mboula doesn't trust Barcelona's youth policy and for good reason.

JamDav1982

Mboula clearly doesn't trust barca's coaching. He doesn't trust the team to nature his talent. He had bad coaching for at least 2 years now, he doesn't want to have a third. We can all admit that the youth coaching in the pro department of la masia is not good enough right now. We have failed plenty of players lately and I can understand the lack of faith.
If I was him I would make a business decision and to Monaco I know they are youth centric. They will get me ready quicker than Barcelona and I can always comeback. Mboula has to make a decision that is best for him.
If the Barcelona crass thought Gumbau was better than Samper, how is Mboula ever gonna get a chance? Mboula doesn't trust Barcelona's youth policy and for good reason.

You have absolutely no idea the level of coaching he has been getting.

More likely he will go for money and quicker route to first team football in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans