Jordi Mboula

serghei

Thing is, it is the other way around.
It is the player who should prove himself success before we call him one. Not us waiting years to write him off. Success is very rare in football.

I agree. Real talent usually comes through at some point. Even if you flop at some other team, eventually you should stand out as you are traded to other teams. Flopping at some team due to some factor can always happen, to anyone.

Still, you need to wait a bit before calling players failures, or crap, or whatever (generally speaking). You need to observe a pattern of some sort, meaning players who go through more teams and fail repeatedly. Then you can be sure that the player is not reliable. Because there are many cases of players that just don't work at some teams and succeed at others.

It's about sample size mostly.

Last edited:

Messi983

Agree. You can easily argue the climate within the club has not favored the development of youth players under Bartomeu & Rosell. Nevertheless, far too early to deem him a failure. Arriving at 18 at Monaco and making a CL debut before helping Huesca get promotion to the Primera. Let's see how he plays this year with Mallorca and whether he can help them get promoted

He has played 250 minutes for Huesca (after playing 240 minutes for Cercle Brugge in first half of the season). I would hardly call that help them getting promoted.

My point was that Mboula was heavily overrated by La Masia cultists like many players before and after him. The last La Masia kid who I was actually sad to see leaving at that time was probably Iago Falque more than 10 years ago. After that people were mad when so many players left but none of them actually turned into what he was expected to become. I think we've kept the best players we've produced over the last 15 years at the club.

And some of those who left were brought back with a great (Pique, Alba) or not so great success (Cesc). Which is funny in his case as he's the one of La Masia products who has made the best career outside of Barca besides maybe Icardi.

Home of Barca Fans