John Terry

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pique is a top defender but I think he needs another year of consistent top performances before I can acknowledge him as one of the best(he's getting up there though, for sure). 2 years just isn't enough, but I have no doubts he'll be one of the top defenders of this coming decade.

Elite-BkD

On another note, i'd like someone to name me a defender with a better pass on them than Terry. With either foot, he's the best passer of the ball England have (Scholes aside). His ability on the ball is vastly underrated, and a large reason why he's considered by his peers to be a top class centre-back.

Pique is better on the ball and at passing than big JT. Just sayin'.
I do agree with you about him generally though, brilliant player, and seems very underrated by some posters here. Surely top 5/10 of the past decade.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
No one is saying he's ordinary or average ffs, he's a great defender but best in the decade? Not even close :lol:

V

Valon

Nesta is good nowadays but not the best anymore. I'd say the best at the moment are Pique and Lucio.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah Nesta isn't top anymore, but for the decade he's my hands down best. Pique looks like he'll end up being the best. Lucio peaked at the wrong time really, he can't be considered as one of the best last decade, and he's too old this decade. :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So do I. Lucio has been very good for Inter though, as much as I hate him. I still think generally he's been overrated in his career though.

Bergkamp10

Mugged off by Torres today. Struggles against pace. Chelsea should have snapped City's hand off when they bid for him imo.

C

Carefree

Two extremely retarded posts above.

1 - First time Torres has ever gotten the better of him (Previously it's been Ben Haim and that's it). In the last couple encounters Terry has had him in his back pocket, particularly at The Bridge.

2 - He was one of our better players (Out of a bad bunch) today and Ashley Cole was more at fault for not tracking Torres' run.

Best defender in the Premiership, and selling him to Man City would be fucking pointless.

Bergkamp10

Best defender in the Premiership

2zgc9li.gif

C

Carefree

Arsenal would be lucky to have a defender with half his ability. Back to your bizarre post, should Man Utd get rid of Nemanja Vidic too? After all, he looks very suspect when faced against a foward with a bit of pace...

JT has plenty of faults, but he's an outstanding defender, and if he wasn't we would have taken the £60m Man City tabled for him last year.

Nice gif BTW ;-)

Home of Barca Fans