John Stones

xXKonan

John Stones looks really solid. but I have a hard time seeing him leave England, if he does Leave Everton he would most likely join a Club like United or Chelsea I would imagine. He's Certainly one to watch in the future.

Adversus

John Stones looks really solid. but I have a hard time seeing him leave England, if he does Leave Everton he would most likely join a Club like United or Chelsea I would imagine. He's Certainly one to watch in the future.

You are probably right but that's just because they tend to pick off the best young talent in the country before the bigger clubs like Bayern, Real and Barca are willing to take the chance especially due to the cost that young English players demand in today's market however once he has proven himself and those clubs do show an interest I think Real and Barca become their preferred choice e.g. Bale.

I have no reason to think Stones has any great desire to stay in England if that's what you mean. He's an ambitious boy and people thought he would want to stay up north close to his family and not go to London for that same reason but when Chelsea came calling he wanted to move.

Zincubus

Banned

Pretty sure I saw someone said they'd do everything to prevent him going to Chelsea after the way they'd behaved ...

IamGundogan

Would take him at United for sure. Really hope we don't sit back and just let Chelsea have a free ride for him, we'd regret it for a long time.

oggydude

Would take him at United for sure. Really hope we don't sit back and just let Chelsea have a free ride for him, we'd regret it for a long time.

LVG wants a left footed CB as Smalling is better than Stones for now and is developing well, do not think he is needed. If he was left footed we would've been interested. Will probably not stop Everton using our name to get more money from him though.

Jenks

LVG seems a bit of a clown in that regard. Clearly playing two right-footers is fine. Loads of top teams do it.

Trickykid

You're wasting your time bud.

Some people are just so blinkered they're actually delusional .

This guy thinks that England is incapable of producing quality footballers even though those three I've mentioned are clearly classy players .
And others are so horribly gullible that they rate whatever talent they might fancy to become the best we've ever seen...
You should really go back to fretting that we're offloading Nerman to Man Utd - I'd rate that just a tad more plausible than Stones becoming the best CB of all time.

Trickykid

I understand your reservations but I watch Stones every week and he is the real deal. His ability with the ball is as good as anyone I've seen at his age. I hope he does stay at least another 2 years because if he goes anywhere I would prefer it be Barca than Chelsea. Although in 2 years if we keep hold of our squad including Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu he might not need to go anywhere.

Of course he's hugely talented, I don't deny that. But I can't count the number of talented youngsters out there who were once touted to become the best in the world, but who went on to flunk badly. Again, let's hold our horses and give him some time to prove he's got what it takes.

If Mou shares this absurd vision that Stones is going to top Baresi, Maldini and their ilk, I'm sure he won't mind splashing the needed 50ish million on him come January. Hell, that seems like a bargain for the coming best CB we've ever seen.

Last edited:

Adversus

Of course he's hugely talented, I don't deny that. But I can't count the number of talented youngsters out there who were once touted to become the best in the world, but who went on to flunk badly. Again, let's hold our horses and give him some time to prove he's got what it takes.

If Mou shares this absurd vision that Stones is going to top Baresi, Maldini and their ilk, I'm sure he won't mind splashing the needed 50ish million on him come January. Hell, that seems like a bargain for the coming best CB we've ever seen.

Well he did offer 38m. I accept your point. All I was saying was from a perspective of someone who watches him every week I can see for myself it's not just hype.

Trickykid

Well he did offer 38m. I accept your point. All I was saying was from a perspective of someone who watches him every week I can see for myself it's not just hype.

Well my post was mostly directed at the one calling him out to be one of the best ever. Silly hyperbole - be it under- or overrating, like in this case - annoys me more than a bit.

xXKonan

With Pique being a fan of Stones and it appears we are sending scouts to watch him How does everyone feel about Stones?

Adversus

With Pique being a fan of Stones and it appears we are sending scouts to watch him How does everyone feel about Stones?

The short answer is he's the English Pique. Very young still and is prone to have the odd poor game but ozzes class when on the ball and is excellent one on one. He's potentially good enough to play for Barca. It's a shame he didn't play tonight. If he did England may not have had to pass back to Hart to kick it long every possession although in fairness to Jones and Smalling especially Smalling, they did very well.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The short answer is he's the English Pique. Very young still and is prone to have the odd poor game but ozzes class when on the ball and is excellent one on one. He's potentially good enough to play for Barca. It's a shame he didn't play tonight. If he did England may not have had to pass back to Hart to kick it long every possession although in fairness to Jones and Smalling especially Smalling, they did very well.
Stones-Smalling without a doubt will be England's Two starting CBs soon. When it comes to Jones He's just inconstant and I really can't trust the guy to be starter material for England. With his Bat shit crazy last ditch tackles and him being Injury prone and at times he plays without a Brain.

Stones is a interesting prospect for us to look at considering like you said above his potential. would be hilarious to one up Jose and Chelsea considering they have been chasing him all summer :lol:

Home of Barca Fans