John Stones

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Of course. If we're not allowed to poke fun at or question the sanity of modern day football (these days, the Premier League in particular) and it's absurd finances, then what are we?
Indeed, it's perfectly fine to do it, I was just pointing out people do that is all since somebody questioned your criticism. xD

MaxY

Devil May Cry
this doesn't prove n'kalou is a better player. Stones is much younger and much much bigger potential. I would love to see him in barca.

Ofc it doesn't, stats don't mean too much but still, these stats are pretty bad for somebody that could go for like 70 M or whatever.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pretty sure we dropped our interest now since Everton being stubborn. Wonder who we'll try for next? We really do need somebody since our defence is ageing.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Several British media outlets suggest that Real Madrid are interested in Everton's defender John Stones. [as]

Trickykid

I'd take Stones to Barca in a heartbeat .

He's going to be one of the very , very best CBs we've ever seen ...

:lol:

No doubt!
Right up there with Phil Maldini Jones and the other gazillion of hyped to the skies British talents out there.

Lets calm down just a bit, cut the hyperbole, and see how the lad develops over the next few seasons, shall we?

Zincubus

Banned
:lol:

No doubt!
Right up there with Phil Maldini Jones and the other gazillion of hyped to the skies British talents out there.

Lets calm down just a bit, cut the hyperbole, and see how the lad develops over the next few seasons, shall we?

Nobody apart from Fergie ever rated Jones so that comment is irrelevant .

I rarely praise English born players as they're simply not talented enough .... the last one I raved about was Jack Wilshere who talent is ruined by his injuries - 24 injuries so far , missing 30 months of football and he's still only 23.

Before him it was probably Gazza . Berfore him Hoddle and Waddle .

That said I believe that currently there are three fabulous English bred talents .

Villa's Jack Grealish and Everton's Ross Barkley and John Stones . End of .

Edit .... Real Madrid are interested in John Stones to partner Varane ..... what do they know though , eh :)

Trickykid

I rarely praise English born players as they're simply not talented enough .... the last one I raved about was Jack Wilshere who talent is ruined by his injuries - 24 injuries so far , missing 30 months of football and he's still only 23.

That said I believe that currently there are three fabulous English bred talents .

Edit .... Real Madrid are interested in John Stones to partner Varane ..... what do they know though , eh :)

Oh wow, you really told me there! Because, you know, Real are SOLELY interested in players that are destined to be the very best in the world of all time, right? Players like Gravesen and Faubert are all time legends - best in their positions!

The very notion that this kid already is destined to be amongst the best defenders ever is so laughably stupid, that I have no idea why I'm even wasting my time writing this drivel.

No offense, but the way you're acting is as if you're a top football scout.

- And lol at Wilshire being so amazing. Just because of that one game. Pep was spot on when he said: "Wilshere is a top player. He is an excellent player, not just Arsenal, but also for the national team. [But] he is lucky because we have many players in the second team like him but he plays because there is no pressure at his club to win titles."

Adversus

Oh wow, you really told me there! Because, you know, Real are SOLELY interested in players that are destined to be the very best in the world of all time, right? Players like Gravesen and Faubert are all time legends - best in their positions!

The very notion that this kid already is destined to be amongst the best defenders ever is so laughably stupid, that I have no idea why I'm even wasting my time writing this drivel.

I understand your reservations but I watch Stones every week and he is the real deal. His ability with the ball is as good as anyone I've seen at his age. I hope he does stay at least another 2 years because if he goes anywhere I would prefer it be Barca than Chelsea. Although in 2 years if we keep hold of our squad including Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu he might not need to go anywhere.

Zincubus

Banned
I understand your reservations but I watch Stones every week and he is the real deal. His ability with the ball is as good as anyone I've seen at his age. I hope he does stay at least another 2 years because if he goes anywhere I would prefer it be Barca than Chelsea. Although in 2 years if we keep hold of our squad including Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu he might not need to go anywhere.

You're wasting your time bud.

Some people are just so blinkered they're actually delusional .

This guy thinks that England is incapable of producing quality footballers even though those three I've mentioned are clearly classy players .

Home of Barca Fans