John Stones

Barcilliant

Everton should hold out for 45 million plus 5 million bonuses. Would love to see the shit club that Chelsea is being ripped off.

xavisionary

45mn for Stones makes Sterling look like a bargain. I've said it before and I'll say it again - this transfer inflation bubble will pop before long.

Adversus

You're right. Not the second, but the third goal of course.

It was possibly his worst game in an Everton shirt. I wouldn't be too quick to judge him on that performance.

I genuinely don't think Everton want to sell him. The board might but Martinez is in charge of transfers at Everton.

Trickykid

It was possibly his worst game in an Everton shirt. I wouldn't be too quick to judge him on that performance.
Yeah, you're probably right.
I wanted to watch the match because of the hype surrounding him, and I was genuinely surprised how bad he looked out there. He made current state Bartra look like a god damn world beater.

Anyhow, you're an Everton fan, right? Would you really not cash in on him if a 40-50M euros offer landed on your desk?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
1675071.jpg

Adversus

Yeah, you're probably right.
I wanted to watch the match because of the hype surrounding him, and I was genuinely surprised how bad he looked out there. He made current state Bartra look like a god damn world beater.

Anyhow, you're an Everton fan, right? Would you really not cash in on him if a 40-50M euros offer landed on your desk?

Honestly No. We need to pay Barnsley a fee reported to be around 15% so that has to be taken into consideration. He's 21 and has 4 years left on his deal so even if we don't sell now we can still sell in 12 months and with the Euros coming up there's a good chance his value will go up.

Trickykid

Honestly No. We need to pay Barnsley a fee reported to be around 15% so that has to be taken into consideration. He's 21 and has 4 years left on his deal so even if we don't sell now we can still sell in 12 months and with the Euros coming up there's a good chance his value will go up.

Really? I'd guess that you could more than adequately replace him for half that fee and use the remaining millions to strengthen the squad elsewhere. But yeah, you must really rate him highly then.
As you say, his price could of course continue to rise during the season, but there's also a chance that the hype train suddenly derails from more Barnsley performances, and right now, with Chelsea's defense being rather horrible, I'd imagine it would be the perfect time to push his fee to the limit and cash in on Mou being desperate.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Had he been any other nationality or even the target of any other club than Chelskij, I'm sure you wouldn't get all hot and bothered by a comment like that.
;)
No I'm just stating facts basically. Won't deny he isn't worth that price at all, but it's true that once a player has a massive price tag placed on him people seem to have the need to find every fault with the player in question.

Apparently Everton are going to demand £45m to deter us.

Trickykid

No I'm just stating facts basically. Won't deny he isn't worth that price at all, but it's true that once a player has a massive price tag placed on him people seem to have the need to find every fault with the player in question.

Apparently Everton are going to demand £45m to deter us.
Of course. If we're not allowed to poke fun at or question the sanity of modern day football (these days, the Premier League in particular) and it's absurd finances, then what are we?

Last edited:

Adversus

Really? I'd guess that you could more than adequately replace him for half that fee and use the remaining millions to strengthen the squad elsewhere. But yeah, you must really rate him highly then.
As you say, his price could of course continue to rise during the season, but there's also a chance that the hype train suddenly derails from more Barnsley performances, and right now, with Chelsea's defense being rather horrible, I'd imagine it would be the perfect time to push his fee to the limit and cash in on Mou being desperate.

We could get an adequate replacement however with the likes of Johnny Evans going for 12m and then assuming 3m for for Barnsley we would be left with 15m and when you consider fees etc less than that even. We would also have swapped a 21 year old with a 27 year old who would need replaced in 4 years. Most young CBs would be too risky to consider and in fact we have a couple already.

Ultimately really good players are hard to find and for a club like ours even harder to attract to want to come. We either "grow" them ourselves by buying potential young or we over-pay for those that aren't quite good enough for the top teams. We've recently since Martinez took over been operating this strategy and I don't think it's to sell them on.

We have Barkley, Stones, Besic, Lukaku and Deulofeu. All 22 and under and others in our youth teams. We sort of want to see how good they become. Selling Stones might lead to a slippery slope.

Of course they will most likely go at some point but 21 is too soon.

Last edited:

Trickykid

We could get an adequate replacement however with the likes of Johnny Evans going for 12m and then assuming 3m for for Barnsley we would be left with 15m and when you consider fees etc less than that even. We would also have swapped a 21 year old with a 27 year old who would need replaced in 4 years. Most young CBs would be too risky to consider and in fact we have a couple already.

Ultimately really good players are hard to find and for a club like ours even harder to attract to want to come. We either "grow" them ourselves by buying potential young or we over-pay for those that aren't quite good enough for the top teams. We've recently since Martinez took over been operating this strategy and I don't think it's to sell them on.

We have Barkley, Stones, Besic, Lukaku and Deulofeu. All 22 and under and others in our youth teams. We sort of want to see how good they become. Selling Stones might lead to a slippery slope.

Of course they will most likely go at some point but 21 is too soon.
Thanks for the insight man.
And good point about getting an adequate replacement. PL transfer fees are pure madness.

Let's see just how high Chelsea are willing to go now that the transfer window is drawing to a close.

Adversus

Thanks for the insight man.
And good point about getting an adequate replacement. PL transfer fees are pure madness.

Let's see just how high Chelsea are willing to go now that the transfer window is drawing to a close.

Yea it seems a lot to Spanish clubs (obviously not Barca or Madrid) but unfortunately while the premiership has the money we also have to overpay for players in our league. We can bring in defenders from outside but teams there often jack up the price too and they are also really hit and miss given the differences in the way we play our game.

We're trying to buy the Argentinian Mori and I'll be honest I'm a bit worried about him. Any chance you guys might want to sell us Bartra?

Last edited:

Trickykid

Yea it seems a lot to Spanish clubs (obviously not Barca or Madrid) but unfortunately while the premiership has the money we also have to overpay for players in our league. We can bring in defenders from outside but teams often jack up the price there too and they are also really hit and miss given the differences in the way we play our game.

We're trying to buy the Argentinian Mori and I'll be honest I'm a bit worried about him. Any chance you guys might want to sell us Bartra?

Oh man, you really don't want Bartra. He has games where you think he could go on to be a star, but he's been shocking in this pre-season. Admittedly, he's never gotten a long stretch of starts, so perhaps we haven't seen his true potential yet. He could be a real hit or miss case in Everton.

Adversus

Oh man, you really don't want Bartra. He has games where you think he could go on to be a star, but he's been shocking in this pre-season. Admittedly, he's never gotten a long stretch of starts, so perhaps we haven't seen his true potential yet. He could be a real hit or miss case in Everton.

That's what we specialize at. Taking hit and miss potential.

I've seen him in a few games and I rate him but I agree like all young players they need minutes.

Home of Barca Fans