Johan Cruyff

JamDav1982

It doesn't affect anyone really. Not the media, the players or even the board.There is little to zero analysis going on about his statements. BCN media just reported it. That's all. It affects you because ofcourse you want to think like that way. It only affects Jamdev, a guy from Barca forum who cares too much. Don't overthink.

It doesnt affect me, but negative stories in the press surrounding the club are not needed this week.

Wait until next week. Its not that hard.

F

Flavia

It doesnt affect me, but negative stories in the press surrounding the club are not needed this week.

Wait until next week. Its not that hard.

It's filled with them, cruyff speaking or not. Sport in on a rampage about Valdes today, and Md is putting Tata on malaga, replacing schuster, for instance...

JamDav1982

It's filled with them, cruyff speaking or not. Sport in on a rampage about Valdes today, and Md is putting Tata on malaga, replacing schuster, for instance...

Cruyff words carry bigger weight than any journalist though.

I just think it makes no difference to him if he makes these comments this week or next but it could make a differnce to the players. Hence why Laporta has said very little and will speak after season over.

In your honest opinion would Cruyff like to see Barcelona win the league this season?

F

Flavia

Cruyff words carry bigger weight than any journalist though.

I just think it makes no difference to him if he makes these comments this week or next but it could make a differnce to the players. Hence why Laporta has said very little and will speak after season over.

In your honest opinion would Cruyff like to see Barcelona win the league this season?

Yes. His love for the club is bigger than any contempt for the board. Last week he and Stoichkov gave an interview, saying Barça would win la liga, atletico the cl and rm cdr, with everyone being happy with one trophy. He also said Barça will be worthy champions, if they win la liga.

I don't think his comments can cause any harm:

"Hay que confiar en estos jugadores" que, según Cruyff, "están mentalizados". En su opinión, "el Barcelona ha jugado bastante bien esta temporada y si tiene opciones" de ganar la Liga "se lo merece". Además, zanjó cualquier polémica sobre el balance del curso: "Si se gana la Liga, la temporada no puede ser mala".

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cruyff's a legend and should be heard and treated with respect. Unfortunately, he's not such a classy guy as his legend status would command and is often disrespectful and known to antagonize people. As for him running the club... Big :lol: Guy's soo far removed from reality and still sounds like he lives in the 70s.
He'll be a mascot for Laporta probably, if the latter will risk more action towards elections. I don't see the critical mass though and wouldn't bet much on elections this year.

frog-fcb

It is probably in laportas best interests if cryuff disrupts team b4 atleti game if they lose the fans will be feelin more down an maybe help push the call for elections wereas if they win fans are on a high an bartomeu an co can brag about all the titles they have deliverd

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
True that, he certainly has more chances to succeed in possible push for signatures for elections should Barca fail this weekend.
I don't think he influences Cruyff to speak though as the Dutchman is known to talk too much anyways, even in affairs that don't concern him.

Would they be better for the club than Bartomeu? Probably. But then again, almost everyone believed Rosell would fix everything that was rotten with Laporta.

I

instinct

“Luis Enrique knows how to deal with the dressing room. Has the experience”.

“Luis Enrique likes to walk the line, to work hard. He’s someone who will make the hard choices”

“After the years of bad management, what happened this season was normal”.

“Messi has all the responsability. It’s normal for fans to boo him. They even booed me!”

“Xavi is a very intelligent player. I would use him next season”

“Messi saying he would leave if the fans wanted him out? I would do the same thing”.

“The problem has always been the guys managing the club. Neymar was not the problem at all. Just needs to learn”.

“The club should have handled the Neymar deal very differently. Xavi, Iniesta and half the guys earning less than him was wrong”.

“Luis Enrique is gonna have to sign with intelligence. A lot hangs on that”.

“I did not talk with the board during Puyol’s goodbye. I went to pay homage to Carles. I didnt have much time, either”.

“The changes on the Camp Nou should not have been decided before the new President was chosen”.

“Right now the team needs a CB, since Puyol left. Bartra had a great season. More should come”.

“RM cannot be ruled as the best team in Europe for winning a single match”.

“RM, Atleti and FCB finished their La Liga seasons very badly. Shouldnt have lost so many points”.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

“Luis Enrique likes to walk the line, to work hard. He’s someone who will make the hard choices”

“Messi has all the responsability. It’s normal for fans to boo him. They even booed me!”

“Messi saying he would leave if the fans wanted him out? I would do the same thing”.

“The problem has always been the guys managing the club. Neymar was not the problem at all. Just needs to learn”.

“The club should have handled the Neymar deal very differently. Xavi, Iniesta and half the guys earning less than him was wrong”.

Word :worthy:

Crixus

“I did not talk with the board during Puyol’s goodbye. I went to pay homage to Carles. I didnt have much time, either”.

“The changes on the Camp Nou should not have been decided before the new President was chosen”.

“Right now the team needs a CB, since Puyol left. Bartra had a great season. More should come”.

“RM cannot be ruled as the best team in Europe for winning a single match”.

“RM, Atleti and FCB finished their La Liga seasons very badly. Shouldnt have lost so many points”.
The only guy who have balls to talk publicly beside Stoichkov what a legend Cruyff <3 .
Btw thanks for making a summary of this instinct been looking all over twitter to find them .

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First he said Neymar wasn't good for Barca, now speaks differently. Okay...
Love it how he puts himself above Messi (they even booed me) :lol:
Also, Cruyff never coached Lucho so he kinda stabs in the dark there.

F

Flavia

You really don't like him :p

That's a mistranslation, he didn't put himself above Messi. "Leo siempre tiene que ser la pieza importante, es la pura lógica. Pero si las cosas no van bien también es lógico que la gente pite al que tenga mayor responsabilidad y en este caso a su mejor jugador. Yo también he sido pitado y aplaudido".

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You really don't like him :p

That's a mistranslation, he didn't put himself above Messi. "Leo siempre tiene que ser la pieza importante, es la pura lógica. Pero si las cosas no van bien también es lógico que la gente pite al que tenga mayor responsabilidad y en este caso a su mejor jugador. Yo también he sido pitado y aplaudido".

I'd wager that it was an intentional mistranslation so as to make Cruyff's quote a bit more sensational and polarizing.

Home of Barca Fans