Johan Cruyff

F

Flavia

I don't agree with him this time, and I was expecting something like this.

Johan Cruyff doubts Messi-Neymar-Suarez trio
The former Barca star hit out at the board's decision to sign Suarez

Johan Cruyff has disagreed once again with the Barcelona board and says the Luis Suarez, Leo Messi and Neymar combination will not work.
The Dutchman, former Barca player and manager, thinks they are too individualistic.

"I do not understand how the club will play a joined-up game with Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez all in the team. All three are individuals.
"Clearly then this is a club that prefers individuals rather than a team that players good football," he said in Dutch newspaper "De Telegraaf".

At the start of the season Barca may only have Messi, with Suarez suspended and Neymar trying to recover from injury.

L

linetty

They're all great individuals but also great team players at the same time.

L

linetty

He just repeated his statement from last year + adding the Name Luis Suarez, didnt he?
Yeah he said that Messi & Neymar duo won't work and then in the middle of the season he said Neymar is Barcelona's problem because he earns too much... His hate on the board clouds his judgement.

JamDav1982

Cruyff contradicts himself all the time.

He was a big part in the Ibra signing which unsettled Messi more than Neymar ever will and he didnt seem to mind the huge contract Ibra was put on then.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He's just pissed at the board. Once they are gone by 2016, he will come back to his senses.

Messi91

Messi is the ultimate team player and Suarez showed signs last season at Liverpool that he's about the team too. The number of assists he got was crazy. I think they'll work fine and a front 3 of Messi-Suarez-Neymar is better than any alternatives from last season.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Hmmm. Yeah, you may be right :lol:. For some reason when I read it I thought he meant Messi's life being different these days, with Thiago and Anto and stuff like that.
If that's what he was implying then I definitely disagree.

FiReFTW

Hmmm. Yeah, you may be right :lol:. For some reason when I read it I thought he meant Messi's life being different these days, with Thiago and Anto and stuff like that.
If that's what he was implying then I definitely disagree.

Those are facts, your life changes drastically when you get a baby.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Which is why I thought what he said was fair at first. But upon looking again he did seem to insinuate that Messi has somehow gotten lazy after becoming a millionaire, which I think is BS lol.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I don't think that's what he's saying, but simply stating the fact that life is different for a lot of players now and they need a coach to guide them to new heights. In that, Cruijff is right. As he always is. :wub:

Home of Barca Fans