João Laporta

Bobo32

I don't think he is talking about Henry "the player" !!

that would be stupid to even put him in such comparison

Yes, I wrote that Henry was a shit buy as a player, and would be a worse signing as a manager. I don't want to see him again, it was very much enough to see him for 5-10 seconds in the stands in that London derby the other day.
Pep used him excellently for a season or so, but he was really a limited player, gaining a lot by the entire team focusing on the Alves-Xavi-Messi side. He was pretty much only there to be played free when the other team tilted their defence too much, and he was decently clinical after all, but very much overrated and very irritating. Villa was a BIG improvement.

Birdy

BarcaTimes
?
1h
��[
@Alfremartinezz
Xavi is not Laporta?s No. 1 candidate, he thinks he lacks experience. Laporta?s coach is Thomas Tuchel, but it?s impossible

Good to know Laporta is sane

PS: Ralf Ragnick as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, and then him assuming another role and bringing a top top coach
is the ideal scenario for the club

Doubt it will happen

Last edited:

Barcilliant

How Pirlo entered the frame is a mystery to me. It f he had been half decent Juve would have kept faith in him.
Gallardo or Conte for me but I am sure it will be Martinez. All the other names are there to make up the numbers

Sailor Mars

Laporta bought Henry as a player even though a coach Rijkaard and sporting director Txiki didn't want him.

Since Laporta said back then that he always adored Henry as a player and that it was his dream to buy him, I won't be surprised if he still has faith in Henry, even as a coach.
Even though his horrible coaching career.

In the end, it will turn out that Barto was spending too much money but at least had some football knowledge.
Laporta seems absolutely clueless without Txiki.

Eric Garcia, Luuk De Jong, Dani Olmo, Pirlo and Henry.
You can't make this up...

Don't know how you can say Laporta is clueless and also say that Barto had some football knowledge.

Barto was a fool. After 2014, almost all his major signings were duds.

Spending all that money only to have the team regress. Atleast Ac Milan can claim that their decline happened due to Berlusconi tightening the purse strings. Barca spent big and got nothing in return.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
How Pirlo entered the frame is a mystery to me. It f he had been half decent Juve would have kept faith in him.
Gallardo or Conte for me but I am sure it will be Martinez. All the other names are there to make up the numbers

Yeah, but maybe the team/the league wasn't right for him and Barca would work. This doesn't look logical I agree, but who knows this might be out the box thinking that could actually work.

malvolio

Luis Suarez on Xavi taking over the hot seat

"I don't think that today, tomorrow or the day after is the time to take the team. Xavi is intelligent, he knows the club's difficulties and must wait for the right moment," he said.

"He has ex-teammates at the club that he will have to make decisions with and it's going to be difficult. It all depends on how the season ends, the project and everything else ..."

"Of course, I see him as very qualified as a coach, but he must wait until they give him the possibility of being as great as a coach as he was as a player."

Source | Diario Sport

Last edited:

Bobo32

"I don?t think that today, tomorrow or the day after is the time to take the team. Xavi is intelligent, he knows the club's difficulties and must wait for the right moment," he said.

"He has ex-teammates at the club that he will have to make decisions with and it's going to be difficult. It all depends on how the season ends, the project and everything else ..."

"Of course, I see him as very qualified as a coach, but he must wait until they give him the possibility of being as great as a coach as he was as a player."

Source | Diario Sport

This is true, but its's where my mind was 2 years ago or so. I think there have been opportunities since, and the one right now should be very good.
Don't know what's more worrysome - if it's Laporta not daring or if it is Xavi...

fergus90

"I don't think that today, tomorrow or the day after is the time to take the team. Xavi is intelligent, he knows the club's difficulties and must wait for the right moment," he said.

Source | Diario Sport

Suarez spittin facts

Gari

Robert Mart?nez: "There is absolutely nothing, there has been no contact with Bar?a. I want to fulfill my contract, but many circumstances may arise along the way" (in Het Laatste Nieuws)We do not know anything, only the gossip of journalists.

Messigician

Robert Mart?nez: "There is absolutely nothing, there has been no contact with Bar?a. I want to fulfill my contract, but many circumstances may arise along the way" (in Het Laatste Nieuws)We do not know anything, only the gossip of journalists.

He then said anything can happen lol

malvolio

Asked if Barcelona president Joan Laporta had contacted him regarding the position, Luis Enrique said: "I don't think he has my phone number.

"I'm a coach here for a second time, and it's my custom to keep my word. I'll be here until my contract ends, for sure.

"Despite my proud history with that club, I don't want to get involved in other people's business."

Messi983

There are new and important contacts between Pirlo and Barcelona. There is a proposal for the Italian, who is thinking about it. [@mirkocalemme]

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1443900589415538706

Laporta:

FAnEAEzUUAUgA_l

https://twitter.com/AdiiFCB_/status/1443900674081583106

tru

FAnEIghXIAAC3tX

lol

Home of Barca Fans