João Laporta

khaled_a_d

It seems that Laporta didn't have too much of impact in his first stint at Barca.
It seems that Txiki (and Cruijff) were making all the moves and transfers.

Laporta wanted Henry, Olmo, Garcia etc

It seems that 2004-2006 was Txiki's, not Laporta's Barca.

Laporta has been always a guy who listened to his advisors, so how good he is , depends on how good his advisors. He is no football guru but listened to the right people. This time it is also clear he is doing same thing, for example hearing Reverter (a successful CEO) over CVC deal and Messi contract, super league etc.
The question remains how good the football guys really is? Planas, Alemany & Crujif are his brain trust.
This will be the 1st major decision for this group, before that they just played football manager and signed and sold a bunch of U-23 years old players.
That being said, there isn't a single candidate you can name that the majority of fans won't question.
Pirlo? He failed at Juve?
Xavi? He is on Qatar
Martinez? He is mediocre
Gallardo? Never won a league or coached in Europe
Ragnack? Old and never coached big club

Who else is free agent? Zidane? Conte? They will never join us.
I mean tell me who is the man you will choose?

BBZ8800

Laporta has been always a guy who listened to his advisors, so how good he is , depends on how good his advisors. He is no football guru but listened to the right people. This time it is also clear he is doing same thing, for example hearing Reverter (a successful CEO) over CVC deal and Messi contract, super league etc.
The question remains how good the football guys really is? Planas, Alemany & Crujif are his brain trust.
This will be the 1st major decision for this group, before that they just played football manager and signed and sold a bunch of U-23 years old players.
That being said, there isn't a single candidate you can name that the majority of fans won't question.
Pirlo? He failed at Juve?
Xavi? He is on Qatar
Martinez? He is mediocre
Gallardo? Never won a league or coached in Europe
Ragnack? Old and never coached big club

Who else is free agent? Zidane? Conte? They will never join us.
I mean tell me who is the man you will choose?

Xavi, Martinez or Gallardo.

Pirlo has zero connection with our football and sucked as a coach at Juve.

Laporta probably liked Pirlo as a player, the same as with obssession with Henry in the past.

Messigician

Xavi is not in Laporta?s final list of candidates to replace Ronald Koeman. Pirlo continues to be in pole position.

? @fansjavimiguel

Bobo32

Rumours about Henry must be as an assistant to Martinez?
There are obviously a lot of false rumours going around, Xavi is the main option one minute, and the next Laporta dismisses him, just as an example.

BBZ8800

Rumours about Henry must be as an assistant to Martinez?
There are obviously a lot of false rumours going around, Xavi is the main option one minute, and the next Laporta dismisses him, just as an example.

Laporta bought Henry as a player even though a coach Rijkaard and sporting director Txiki didn't want him.

Since Laporta said back then that he always adored Henry as a player and that it was his dream to buy him, I won't be surprised if he still has faith in Henry, even as a coach.
Even though his horrible coaching career.

In the end, it will turn out that Barto was spending too much money but at least had some football knowledge.
Laporta seems absolutely clueless without Txiki.

Eric Garcia, Luuk De Jong, Dani Olmo, Pirlo and Henry.
You can't make this up...

Messigician

Pirlo received his UEFA Pro Licence on 16 September 2020.[289] Pirlo received 107 out of 110 after his oral validation of his 30-page thesis, entitled "The football that I would like" (Italian: Il calcio che vorrei).[290] Pirlo cited the teams that "inspired [his] idea of football" as "the Barcelona of Johan Cruyff and then of Pep Guardiola,

Bobo32

Eric Garcia, Luuk De Jong, Dani Olmo, Pirlo and Henry.
You can't make this up...

You are making most of it up, through rumours :)

Garcia is good, LdJ was Koemans wish, the other three are only rumours. Olmo would be good for a low price, both these coaches would probably be terrible.
Henry was a terrible buy as a player, and would be a terrible option as a manager, but I still believe his name is there because of Martinez.

Bobo32

Pirlo received his UEFA Pro Licence on 16 September 2020.[289] Pirlo received 107 out of 110 after his oral validation of his 30-page thesis, entitled "The football that I would like" (Italian: Il calcio che vorrei).[290] Pirlo cited the teams that "inspired [his] idea of football" as "the Barcelona of Johan Cruyff and then of Pep Guardiola,

Even Koeman was inspired by Cruyff :)
I don't know that many barcaforum users would enjoy Pirlos handling of the dressing room - Pirlo who himself thought it was very boring to warm up for example.

Messigician

Even Koeman was inspired by Cruyff :)
I don't know that many barcaforum users would enjoy Pirlos handling of the dressing room - Pirlo who himself thought it was very boring to warm up for example.

Valverde had the same philosophy towards physical preparation.

Pirlo growing on me tbh

Catta

You are making most of it up, through rumours :)

Garcia is good, LdJ was Koemans wish, the other three are only rumours. Olmo would be good for a low price, both these coaches would probably be terrible.
Henry was a terrible buy as a player, and would be a terrible option as a manager, but I still believe his name is there because of Martinez.

Henry was a great buy, was a key player in the most successfull season ever. Was a much better transfer compared to Villa for example.

Garcia and Olmo are only good for Copa games. And LdJ was not Koemans wish, he was the only player we could get on the last day. If he was his wish there would have been rumors sooner about him.

Nazario1985

Henry was a great buy, was a key player in the most successfull season ever. Was a much better transfer compared to Villa for example.

Garcia and Olmo are only good for Copa games. And LdJ was not Koemans wish, he was the only player we could get on the last day. If he was his wish there would have been rumors sooner about him.

I don't think he is talking about Henry "the player" !!

that would be stupid to even put him in such comparison

Home of Barca Fans