João Laporta

L

linetty

Trick question as in there are two possible answers one of them will make me a liar and the other will agitate a few people on the forum
As far as I know, people on the forum are positive in terms of voting for no confidence so the elections are held, but socios arent all of the fans around the world, they have memberships and whatnot and they have the power to make things happen.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The Unicef to Qatar ratio in the pic seems just about right :)

Exactly

You really appreciate the gap between Laporta's reign and the one of terror from Rosell whenever Joan talks about the club...There's an incredibly dangerous lack of leadership at the club, atm

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Joan Laporta will hold a press-conference on the 25th or 26th to reveal his plans :)

Scenario No1 : He will address all the issues, criticize the board and ask socis to gain momentum for a vote of no confidence.

Scenario No2 : Will do the Step 1 and propose for elections and he might as well announce that his brother will be the face of the opposition. (Run for presidency)

But I hope, he comes forward and take the charge himself. No proxy of any sort. Let's hope for the best.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Laporta is ready for the job. What he should do is start collecting signatures for vote of no confidence but there doesn't seem to be enough buzz anyway. Lethargic atmosphere around the club and fans.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I don't think Laporta is ready for the job. What he should do is start collecting signatures for vote of no confidence but there doesn't seem to be enough buzz anyway. Lethargic atmosphere around the club and fans.

If Laporta isn't ready for the job then who else? Anyone else wouldn't even have the support of the socis. Because popularity,money power and influence works a lot when it comes to Barca elections.

The worst could be if we initiate a vote-of no confidence and elections happen, Bartomeu/Villarubi will run for second term and might as well come back to power. Then we are stuck for another 6 years or so.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Merely making a point that general feeling is; noone cares enough to shake things up a bit. Where are local fans demanding heads, where are journalists opening subjects?

JamDav1982

If Laporta isn't ready for the job then who else? Anyone else wouldn't even have the support of the socis. Because popularity,money power and influence works a lot when it comes to Barca elections.

The worst could be if we initiate a vote-of no confidence and elections happen, Bartomeu/Villarubi will run for second term and might as well come back to power. Then we are stuck for another 6 years or so.

What makes you think Laporta has the support of the socios?

He did not appear to when he left.

Maybe that has changed.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Merely making a point that general feeling is; noone cares enough to shake things up a bit. Where are local fans demanding heads, where are journalists opening subjects?

Agreed to an extent. But atleast somethings are happening. Visit : manifestblaugrana.cat :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't believe Laporta will run if for no other reason than he has political aspirations...I have read the speculation about his brother becoming a candidate but the biggest thing a President has to correct is embracing Cruyff again...This douche of a candidate and his board somehow managed to monumentally implode all the great work that not only had the club defining their own era in terms of wins but also solidified the foundation that would ensure continuity via the cantera...Rosell f'd it all to hell in 3 short years, I mean that's spectacularly failing

There should be more anger and action than has been displayed thus far but like in the squad, I think there's a real absence of leadership among socios...Laporta wasn't cultivated overnight, a candidate that was going to change the status quo doesn't come out of the shadows...Bringing the club back to it's roots will be essential and I would imagine that even Laporta's brother would look to steer it in that direction, even if by proxy

Crixus

BnsMUIpIIAEtu_F.jpg

Home of Barca Fans