João Laporta

behindbrowneyes

In hindsight you'll always know better. Rijkaard failed miserably with Sparta Rotterdam, but made Barcelona successful again. After Barcelona, he hadn't really success. Football is weird. I'd rather take a gamble on an unproven guy than getting proven mediocrity in Roberto Martinez.

kobby

Any credible reports on Laporta's opinion/decision on Koeman? Lots of unsubstantiated rumours---hard to tell what's true and what's made up.

Birdy

So, he doesn't like Xavi due to not having enough experience, but he likes Pirlo who only has the experience of getting sacked by Juve. :lol: Makes sense.

Pirlo's rude awakening coaching Juve is 100 times the 'experience' Xavi gets in Qatar

Thinking Xavi is better than Pirlo does not make any sense, apart from his Barca entitlement
They have similar ideas about football and how to play it seems
The only difference is that one of them has coached in Serie A and CL

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
4h
@moillorens
Andrea Pirlo and Marcelo Gallardo are the latest names to be added to the list of potential candidates to replace Ronald Koeman.

This piece of news above gives me a glimmer of hope!
All the candidate names are either unproven bets or proven meh coaches

The only name with substance, with proven experience AND results AND football we wanna see at Barca is Gallardo
I wish he takes the job at this point.
Given that Ten Haag or other top coaches are unavailable, there is no better option to take over immediately

Nazario1985

I'm against sacking Koeman now, just because we will be stuck with a shitty name again for two years and mid next year we will be having the same discussion.

Laporta stupidity caused us this, Koeman should have been sacked this summer.

soul24rage

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
4h
@moillorens
Andrea Pirlo and Marcelo Gallardo are the latest names to be added to the list of potential candidates to replace Ronald Koeman.

This piece of news above gives me a glimmer of hope!
All the candidate names are either unproven bets or proven meh coaches

The only name with substance, with proven experience AND results AND football we wanna see at Barca is Gallardo
I wish he takes the job at this point.
Given that Ten Haag or other top coaches are unavailable, there is no better option to take over immediately

Don't think Gallardo will leave River Plate as of right now as River is fighting for the Argentinian league, a title that Gallardo has never won as manager. He's only 2 points behind first place

Maybe after the league is over in Dec., he might be available.

Birdy

If failure is the target a cockroach can coach in Serie A.

Pirlo coached Juve because of his legacy.

Off-topic
I was referring to his experience.
He has already a year of coaching at the top level that Xavi hasn't
And he has faced some of the difficulties a manager wanting to set up a team play attacking football would face.
That immediately puts him miles apart from Xavi in the experience metric

Don't think Gallardo will leave River Plate as of right now as River is fighting for the Argentinian league, a title that Gallardo has never won as manager. He's only 2 points behind first place

Maybe after the league is over in Dec., he might be available.

Right!
Yes, he won't take over now but Dec or Jan at the earliest.
An interim will take over until then

This means that an interim right now (early Oct) is the best solution

Now that I think about it, hiring pep when Mourinho and probably any other manager was available and wanted to go to Barcelona was a rediculous decision. Yeah it worked out cuz pep is unique but the idea behind it, to play crujjf football Barcelona d a is absolute shit. You see the same things again, obsession with playing in a shit way and getting shit players for some crujjf ideals. La porta is looking more and more like a fairly deluded president who got once in a century lucky with pep. Perez is 100x better when it comes to football ideas

malvolio

Now that I think about it, hiring pep when Mourinho and probably any other manager was available and wanted to go to Barcelona was a rediculous decision. Yeah it worked out cuz pep is unique but the idea behind it, to play crujjf football Barcelona d a is absolute shit. You see the same things again, obsession with playing in a shit way and getting shit players for some crujjf ideals. La porta is looking more and more like a fairly deluded president who got once in a century lucky with pep. Perez is 100x better when it comes to football ideas

What's bad in having your own style and execute it to perfection? Why do you even follow this club?

Devils

It's one thing to have a football philosophy at the club, it's a completely different thing to be completely clueless and delusional on how to execute it.

Case and point: Eric Garica - Segunda level player who is small, weak, slow and can't defend, tackle or jump.

This guy should be playing for Girona as a CB, but get's a pass to FC Barcelona's starting line-up because he's Catalan and came through La Masia. No top clubs would even look at a CB with this guy's profile.

Devils

[SPORT] | Joan Laporta was furious when he saw Koeman's lineup against Benfica yesterday. He bursted out at the box in Da Luz. He couldn't understand the change in system, as he expected a 433. He didn't understand why Nico and Gavi was dropped.

For the club, the situation is untenable. Laporta's decision is final, although he has yet to choose his replacement. Laporta and Koeman no longer speak. The club decided for more than a week the departure of the Dutch. The club awaits the truce.

Stunning.

Home of Barca Fans