Jeremy Mathieu

Neymessi

Mathieu obviously knows the rule. He is a professional playing first division football ffs. Even 3rd division players would surely know about this.

At a club like barca we play a very high line and there is no way our starters don't know about this.

Horatio

You're welcome
Can't speak for French/Spanish footballers, but here they force feed you certain rules and I'd bet many Norwegian defenders wouldn't know this rule. In fact I could ask a couple of the guys I know who play here and I bet one of them wouldn't know.

Simply a lot of rules very rarely come into play and you don't have to worry about. Rules you might have heard about, but never cared about and actually remembered, learned.

We'll never know if Mathieu knew this one or not, but we all can agree on that he played that really stupidly.

I am pretty sure Mathieu knows it. There is no chance being exposed to football for a lifetime and not know that rule. It should have been discussed in academies he entered, probably brought up between other defenders etc.

That's like playing poker, and not knowing royal flush beats four of a kind not knowing because you have never played the hand or saw someone else play it.
Bad analogy I know.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am pretty sure Mathieu knows it. There is no chance being exposed to football for a lifetime and not know that rule. It should have been discussed in academies he entered, probably brought up between other defenders etc.

We'll never know.

Some still have problems understanding the rule of offside due to interference of play.

Horatio

You're welcome
We'll never know.

Some still have problems understanding the rule of offside due to interference of play.

That is rule is much more complex though, and the ref has a lot to interpret.
The own half offside rule is pretty absolute.

JamDav1982

Cant think of anyone I know that watches football regularly that doesnt know this rule.

Of course he knows it he just fucked up.

God Serena

Yeah, it'd be a bit ridiculous to think he doesn't know the rule. Maybe if you were a CDM or goalkeeper you might get away with not knowing but for both offensive and defensive players it should be well known long before even the teenage years that you can't be offside in your own half. Mathieu isn't stupid, he's just bad.

F

FlaFCB

The alternative was Masch CB and Gomes DM.

Kind of between a rock and a hard place :lucho2:

Planning for the season was a huge failure :robert:

Total-Football

Yes, i usually indulge him a bit but today he was a disater. giving cuardado 10 meters and being scared shitless of a player like the columbian is something that needs to be evaluated come the end of the season. One of the many reasons of today's result.

Home of Barca Fans