Jeremy Mathieu

Total-Football

it s not entirely on him.. as said above he was caught between a rock and a hard place.. we go sor far up the pitch and we dont even press.. biggest horshit ever.. you either press or go back when you loose the ball

hellsangel1

Should have bought Vertonghen instead of this guy. Is tactically inept and boneheaded. I remember his tackle in the city game as well. Absolutely inexcusable for someone so experienced.

God Serena

it s not entirely on him.. as said above he was caught between a rock and a hard place.. we go sor far up the pitch and we dont even press.. biggest horshit ever.. you either press or go back when you loose the ball

When we lost the ball he should immediately move to mark his man. He should know the striker is going to want to make a run, and if he didn't know he was there that's even worse...

FinBarcelonafan

I hate slow defenders! Its ALWAYS a risk if your last man is slow. And Mathieu is soooooooooooooooooooooo slow!

He is super fast straight line. He ran back to other side and then started running after Sandro, that's why he was behind so much. He made bad decision when he saw ball coming and went forward instead of backing up. It would have been 1vs1, instead of 1vs goalkeeper, but he made bad choice.

I think Mathieu was rated the second fastest player from Barca. or Third. Fast anyway.

That's his thing, though. Most of the time he makes bad decision and it costs us a goal. If he had better football IQ he would be really good. He has the physical abilities, but no sense like Xavi or other great players.

Total-Football

When we lost the ball he should immediately move to mark his man. He should know the striker is going to want to make a run, and if he didn't know he was there that's even worse...

Not saying he is not at fault, but the offside rule is a decisive weapon against behind the back runs. An option mathiew has been strippped off by his own lazy teammates with their retarded positionning. Had he moved onwards to execute the offside he would have been beyond his own half. An entire team that is neither pressing nor defending, how can i blame it entirely on matthiew , though he is at fault too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not saying he is not at fault, but the offside rule is a decisive weapon against behind the back runs. An option mathiew has been strippped off by his own lazy teammates with their retarded positionning. Had he moved onwards to execute the offside he would have been beyond his own half. An entire team that is neither pressing nor defending, how can i blame it entirely on matthiew , though he is at fault too.

Sandro was in his own half. A player in his own half cannot be ruled offside. It's Mathieu's fault for not knowing the offside rule.

God Serena

As DonAK said, Sandro was in his own half. You can't blame his teammates for not keeping an offside trap that can't possibly exist.

Total-Football

Still. Its not normal for a team that has positioned itself entirely in the opposite half to let the defender raise his head at ease, give him all the space and time in the world to pick up a pass. If it were a random clear up that has resulted in a pass i would have understod.but no.. 10 players in their half not even 1 bothered to press

Home of Barca Fans