Jean-Clair Todibo

Andresito

Staff member
It will be a long road for him to reach his full potential. He's basically a kid called up from Juvenil A with close to 0 senior experience.

MTL_Barca

Some people here also immediately jumped on De Ligt after his first friendly for Juve so i guess it was to be expected Todibo gets it too :lol:

Defenders will make mistakes, every player can have bad games, and especially 19 year old players. And judging players based on some pre-season games never made sense.

Todibo will be the 4th CB, we can't expect too much from him. Considering that he joined basically for free it would already be great if he ends up as a decent squad player, if he gets even better that would be absolutely amazing.

Campos

De Ligt got smoked by Lucas Moura a few minutes after he debuted for Juve.

That's nothing new for him though.

You clearly didn't watch the game.

BTW. Let's just talk about Tobido. This is his thread afterall.
I don't want to start a De Ligt discussion.

Devils

You clearly didn't watch the game.

BTW. Let's just talk about Tobido. This is his thread afterall.
I don't want to start a De Ligt discussion.

I did.

He ran off of Moura to go into a more central position allow Moura (the Juve fullback hadn't caught up to Moura yet) to run in but he didn't move to intercept the pass that created the goal.

Campos

I did.

He ran off of Moura to go into a more central position allow Moura (the Juve fullback hadn't caught up to Moura yet) to run in but he didn't move to intercept the pass that created the goal.

You mean the 2-1 ?

Thit was clearly a mistake from De Sciglio (who was the worst player on the pitch).
If you look closely... De Ligt tries to initiate an offside trap (which was the right thing to do). But De Sciglio didn't get it...

And after that he had a good interception on Moura..
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="nl" dir="ltr">Heerlijke interceptie van De Ligt op Lucas Moura!! Trots om hem zo te zien!❤️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JuveSpurs?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JuveSpurs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DeLigt?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DeLigt</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/InternationalChampionsCup2019?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#InternationalChampionsCup2019</a> <a href="https://t.co/OnExBxRx7A">pic.twitter.com/OnExBxRx7A</a></p>— Team_Cillessen (@Team_Cillessen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Team_Cillessen/status/1152929838212296704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes, he also lost an 1-on-1 vs Kane. But that's all he had to do. He only played for like 20 minutes.

You act like Moura ended his career in this game. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't have a particularly good reason.

But Barto want to go all out for Neymar. He paid 120m for a 28 years old striker (with little to no good residual value). But he don't want to pay that extra bit for a talent, who can captain your team for the next 10-15 years (YES 10-15 years).
Doesn't make sense to me.

I know we all hate Raiola. But who cares. Raiola isn't going no where. He's here to stay. If we keep ignoring his clients, we might miss out on the biggest talents.

BTW: I watched the whole game. And De Ligt played for like 20-25 min. Wasn't his best game. But i didn't think he was bad either.
Besides that, before this game he only trained once with his new teammates (he's far from fit) . So make off that what you want.
But we already discussed this in the De Ligt's thread.

I think we had the money to match Juventus’ offer but chose not to primarily because of wage structure concerns. If we had agreed to pay the kind of wages Juventus is paying De Ligt we would have to improve many other players’ contracts and we can’t afford to do that.

Did we make a mistake by not signing De Ligt? Don’t know for sure right now. De Ligt could turn out to be one the best CBs of all time, too bad for us but we still can’t afford to sacrifice the wage structure for him.

I have always said we can’t judge a player based on performance in one game. As to De Ligt, I wish him the best of luck in Italy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Todibo has the perfect physiques to be a very good CB, however at this time he is just a raw talent, by no means a finished product and a polished player so it is ridiculous some people have already passed out a verdict on him.

My concern is not with his talent or potential but with his playing time. If he just sits on the bench it will not help him develop at all.

Campos

I think we had the money to match Juventus’ offer but chose not to primarily because of wage structure concerns. If we had agreed to pay the kind of wages Juventus is paying De Ligt we would have to improve many other players’ contracts and we can’t afford to do that.

Did we make a mistake by not signing De Ligt? Don’t know for sure right now. De Ligt could turn out to be one the best CBs of all time, too bad for us but we still can’t afford to sacrifice the wage structure for him.

I have always said we can’t judge a player based on performance in one game. As to De Ligt, I wish him the best of luck in Italy.

De Jong is earning €16m, De Ligt is earning €7.5m plus €4.5m in performance bonuses (max €12m).
So that's not true.

We don't need to believe everything the media tells us.

We will never know the exact truth. But i think Barto was just to busy with Neymar/Griezmann. De Ligt wasn't his first priority (why ? ,don't know).
De Ligt always was fascinated about Italian defenders. An old classmate confirmed this on reddit (he posted a yearbook as proof)
And Juve showed how much they really wanted him.

Everybody likes to feel wanted. I think Barca just didn't show it enough.

He was Barca bound. For months and months, the media let us believe that he was made for Barca.
But since Neymar expressed he wanted to leave. Barto changed his mind. You can't have them all 3 (Neymar + Griezmann + De Ligt). So he had to make a decision .

Imo he made the wrong decision. But time will tell.

That's what I think really happened.
But like i said...We will never know the exact truth.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De Jong is earning €16m, De Ligt is earning €7.5m plus €4.5m in performance bonuses (max €12m).
So that's not true.

We don't need to believe everything the media tells us.

We will never know the exact truth. But i think Barto was just to busy with Neymar/Griezmann. De Ligt wasn't his first priority (why ? ,don't know).
De Ligt always was fascinated about Italian defenders. An old classmate confirmed this on reddit (he posted a yearbook as proof)
And Juve showed how much they really wanted him.

Everybody likes to feel wanted. I think Barca just didn't show it enough.

He was Barca bound. For months and months, the media let us believe that he was made for Barca.
But since Neymar expressed he wanted to leave. Barto changed his mind. You can't have them all 3 (Neymar + Griezmann + De Ligt). So he had to make a decision .

Imo he made the wrong decision. But time will tell.

That's what I think really happened.
But like i said...We will never know the exact truth.

The rumored 16m figure for De Jong includes bonuses (6m, 10+6) and it is gross/before tax. The 7.5m figure for De Ligt is net/post-tax. Spain’s top tax bracket is 45% so De Jong’s base pay (10m) would make him take home 5.5m. If all the above figures are true, De Ligt is making 2m than De Jong annually. Again, wage structure.

I don’t think Griezmann was a factor at all, we had wanted to sign him for a while. Neymar, who knows, I don’t believe the club is seriously after him (Jordi Cardoner said it again yesterday there is no Neymar case). I think we did everything we could to sign De Ligt but we can’t break the wage structure for him and we can’t promise him a starting position that he would have wanted.

If De Ligt liked Juventus since the very beginning, why didn’t he sign with them from the outset? Again, why did he take so long to decide? Of course money was a HUGE factor, the decisive factor.

Got to keep our fingers crossed that he improves dramatically otherwise we have left ourselves short at CB for the upcoming season. Umtits (The true French Yerry Mina ) is just not good enough, even if he can get back to 100% fit, which I highly doubt anyway.

Sorin

Got to keep our fingers crossed that he improves dramatically otherwise we have left ourselves short at CB for the upcoming season. Umtits (The true French Yerry Mina ) is just not good enough, even if he can get back to 100% fit, which I highly doubt anyway.

Umtiti at his best is two classes above Lenglet and right there with Pique. "The French Yerry Mina". Absolute garbage.

Devils

EAUyCymXsAA5Ov-

19 years old. Built like a damn tank, ffffssss.

It's over for these other CB talents.

CatalinR10

Stelar performance. This cat saved Umtiti all game .

My hopes for this game was that he would be fast and not turn around like the Titanic did when it saw the iceberg , like the other overated fat kid defender.

Hope he gets a LOT of time on the field this season dawg.

Home of Barca Fans