Jean-Clair Todibo

Porque

IF we missed on those players, Todibo won't be the reason.
Those players are expensive and has many suitors and we don't hold any of the cards to get them. Especially when you consider the club has many holes in many positions and we can't just go on auction for every player

Exactly, this is a great Winter market deal. We get a great talent for low cost and have half a season of him with the first team to assess his level.

With recent CB sales like Mina, Marlon I am pretty sure we can turn a profit in a worst case scenario.

Messi983

People are always saying we should be more proactive on the market and also look for cheaper options because we can't afford to pay 70M+ for every single talented player out there. And now that we are apparently close to sign that kind of player (though until officially signed everything can still change) we are not doing the right thing again and should spend 70M on De Ligt? Barcaforum is really impossible to be pleased. :lol:

Nobody knows how good this kid will turn out to be but if he'll become 60-70% as good as Varane (who he's compared to) then he'll be at least a 3rd CB here for a few years if not more. If he'll fail then we can still sell him for a few millions to a team like Sevilla or Valencia or maybe even for more to our new good friends in the EPL. :) It's a low risk - potentially high reward signing so I hope rumours are true and we'll get him. But as I said yesterday I would prefer to buy him in January because he won't play for Toulouse anymore. I don't know their club enough to know if they will prefer to get a few millions or they will be stubborn and keep Todibo in B team as an example for other younger players that could do the same as him in the future so opinions from people following Toulouse/Ligue 1 are welcomed. But given the fact they've separated him from the first team since he rejected to renew his contract I think they could be closer to the second option. Anyway, if Todibo will agree to join Barça I think Abidal should try to negotiate with Toulouse and get him now.

Andresito

Staff member
People are always saying we should be more proactive on the market and also look for cheaper options because we can't afford to pay 70M+ for every single talented player out there. And now that we are apparently close to sign that kind of player (though until officially signed everything can still change) we are not doing the right thing again and should spend 70M on De Ligt? Barcaforum is really impossible to be pleased. :lol:

Nobody knows how good this kid will turn out to be but if he'll become 60-70% as good as Varane (who he's compared to) then he'll be at least a 3rd CB here for a few years if not more. If he'll fail then we can still sell him for a few millions to a team like Sevilla or Valencia or maybe even for more to our new good friends in the EPL. :) It's a low risk - potentially high reward signing so I hope rumours are true and we'll get him. But as I said yesterday I would prefer to buy him in January because he won't play for Toulouse anymore. I don't know their club enough to know if they will prefer to get a few millions or they will be stubborn and keep Todibo in B team as an example for other younger players that could do the same as him in the future so opinions from people following Toulouse/Ligue 1 are welcomed. But given the fact they've separated him from the first team since he rejected to renew his contract I think they could be closer to the second option. Anyway, if Todibo will agree to join Barça I think Abidal should try to negotiate with Toulouse and get him now.

Agree. Todibo is a great type of signing as it's very low risk and high reward.

I think the world of football, including Abidal and others in same position at other clubs, know very little about his potential.
He's a player who's played very little senior football but has shown promise while he's done so, plus he's free.

There are no reasons NOT to go after him. This signing is just an extra on the side of the main dish that is de Ligt.

And btw Messi983, no offence, it's easier to read forum posts if they are paragraphed. :cheers:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You know who else once played for Toulouse?

480.jpg

:mathieu:

Win :)

krakdol

Agree. Todibo is a great type of signing as it's very low risk and high reward.

It's very low risk for Barcelona but very high risk for the player himself.

Chances are he'll get buried on the bench or not even on the bench for years. Maybe he should go play and get better elsewhere first.

wisconsincule

Sign for free. Loan to liga team for experience. His value can only go up unless he is a major flop. If he flops so be it. This is a smart transfer. Very low risk.

Sorin

Good move. If only I had confidence in Pique maintaining a good level throughout the season, I wouldn't even be against him staying with the team as a 4 choice CB and use him in all CdR matches and at home against teams in the bottom of the table. However, looking at Pique's inconsistent form and thinking he'll still be overall unchallenged, I'm not sure he's enough for the next years. Umtiti uncertain status doesn't help either.

Andresito

Staff member
It's very low risk for Barcelona but very high risk for the player himself.

Chances are he'll get buried on the bench or not even on the bench for years. Maybe he should go play and get better elsewhere first.

He's young. He'll be able to revive his career if it doesn't go too well.

A lot of clubs value experience at Barca. So it's not a bad thing even if he's here for 2-3 years.

xXKonan

According to RMC, Todibo has chosen us. But they also state Manchester City had reached an agreement with Toulouse president, Olivier Sadran, regarding a January transfer but Todibo turned them down.

xXKonan

I guess City was a bigger rival to us than Juventus was if City did have an agreement with Toulouse's president.

Joan

According to RMC, Todibo has chosen us. But they also state Manchester City had reached an agreement with Toulouse president, Olivier Sadran, regarding a January transfer but Todibo turned them down.

He clearly doesn't know who manages City, someone better tell him.

Home of Barca Fans