Jean-Clair Todibo

Sorin

Why would we or Toulouse want that? He's coming for free in July, and we have just landed Jeison Murillo on a loan for the rest of the season. Why would we be interested in potentially hampering the progress of Todibo, by getting him on loan and seating him in the stands alongside an injured Vermaelen for six months? Only makes sense for Todibo to stay in Toulouse. He gets a ton of extremely valuable minutes, and we don't really need him at the moment considering the Murillo-loan.

What if Toulouse refuse to use him anymore as he's off in the summer?

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
These things will be sorted out soon. I think it is more likely some type of loan deal will be involved with Toulouse getting/saving some money in the process.

soul24rage

Why would we or Toulouse want that? He's coming for free in July, and we have just landed Jeison Murillo on a loan for the rest of the season. Why would we be interested in potentially hampering the progress of Todibo, by getting him on loan and seating him in the stands alongside an injured Vermaelen for six months? Only makes sense for Todibo to stay in Toulouse. He gets a ton of extremely valuable minutes, and we don't really need him at the moment considering the Murillo-loan.

Add to the reasons to what Messi983 and Sorin said (think of how PSG don't want Rabiot to play for them or how EV doesn't count on Munir anymore),
-Toulouse wouldn't have to pay his wages if he is loaned to us and be a disturbance in the dressing room.
-he can adjust to our club and the way we are playing. Might as well train with us if he's not going to get playing time with Toulouse.

EDIT: If, however, there is a loan offer from another club where he is more likely to gain valuable minutes for the rest of the season, then that is a better option than for him to loan to us imo.

Last edited:

clemente

Makes no sense, EV will use him maybe once max in the next 6 months, guy can't think for himself at all, will just stall his growth as a player.

xXKonan

[tw]1082638951138111488[/tw]

Says Despite the final agreement for an arrival this July, Barcelona, and Toulouse are still negotiating for a departure this winter for Todibo.

Messi983

I was thinking about his situation yesterday assuming we'd buy him now and loan him to La Liga club. It's tough for a young unproven player coming from a different league in midseason to get into any lineup especially if that club knows he'll be with them for just a few months. It's better for those clubs to give playing time to players in their property so they would take a player on loan

1.) if he's clearly better than what they have, which is unknown in Todibo's case as he hasn't proven much so far in his young career and it's questionable how much smaller La Liga clubs have really scouted him
2.) if they have injury problems and are looking for short term solutions

Looking through the list of La Liga clubs who could be a potential fit for Todibo:

- AM, RM, Espanyol, Bilbao: nope

- Sevilla: it's possible they'll look for a new CB if Mercado will leave but they have a young French CB of their own in Joris Gnagnon who has barely played this season and just had a great game against Atletico so he deserves more playing time. I wouldn't mind Todibo developing under Machin for 6 months (with an option to prolong that loan next summer if this would be in Barca's and Todibo's best interest) but they are probably not interested.

- Alaves: Laguardia, Maripan and Navarro are playing well and Abelardo doesn't rotate much if not needed so don't think Todibo would get much minutes there

- Betis: they have starting three CBs pretty much set with Mandi, Bartra and Sidnei. Zou Feddal who was probably their best CB last summer is thinking about leaving beause of lack of playing time so maybe they would consider Todibo but Serra Ferrer usually prefer to get players in their property or at least on loan with a buy option (Lo Celso). It's clear we wouldn't want to include a buy option in any possible loan deal for Todibo before he would even make his first training with us.

- Getafe: Pepe Bordalas prefers experienced players and they are far away from playing the way we are, so I don't see them as a fit for Todibo. Djene and Cabrera are pretty good CB pair as well.

- Girona: probably one of the better fits in La Liga, probably not as a starter but could be in rotation in the back 3. He would also stay close to Barcelona.

- Levante: one of the worst defenses in the league, maybe they could use him?

- Sociedad: they've had some injury problems in defense this season but they usually prefer to play their own kids when that happens

- Valencia: we just got one of their CBs on loan, I think they are happy with what they have

- Eibar: they seem to like our players (Cucu, Cardona) so could be an option though they already have 4 experienced La Liga CBs

- Celta Vigo: Facundo Roncaglia is apparently on his way out of the club but they are probably looking for a more longterm solution than just a possible short-term fix at position that has been problematic for them for years

- Valladolid: they are solid at the back with Callero and Olivas, probably not an option

- Leganes: they have a lot of loanees in their squad so could be interested in getting another one but are solid covered at CB so probably not an option either

- Villarreal: statistically offense is letting them down this season and defense is not that bad but I'm not totally convinced with their CBs. Looks like the club is happy with them though so Todibo probably not an option for them.

- Rayo Vallecano: they badly need improvement in defense (well, not just there), so maybe they could be interested but on the other hand, when clubs are playing against the relegation they usually prefer to get players with more experience in similar situations instead of the young kids.

- Huesca: the same as for Rayo

So in short I think there are probably 3 solid midtable teams (Girona, Levante, Eibar) who could be interested in Todibo alongside the worst two teams in the league. I wouldn't mind loaning him to any of those clubs as long as he would start/play some minutes in let's say half of the remaining league matches

There is another option of him being loaned back to Ligue 1 club who knows him better but I don't know their clubs nearly good enough to assume which one would be the best fit for Todibo. Obviously the best would be to stay at Toulouse and again getting regular minutes but as said before this is unlikely.

In any case if he'll stay in France Barca should send him to spanish lessons so he will know the language when he'll come here and his adaptation will be easier from that standpoint.

xXKonan

Actually, from the highlights, he might be an anti-Pique. :lol:
Todibo is going to Alpha his way into the Starting lineup while Pique is on the floor begging for mercy. :p

Joking aside yeah he's different than Pique is no doubt and dare I say he could end be a taller version of Mascherano but with more years to perfect his craft?

Jombi

[tw]1082638951138111488[/tw]

Says Despite the final agreement for an arrival this July, Barcelona, and Toulouse are still negotiating for a departure this winter for Todibo.

Lets hope he comes now for a tiny fee. Odd why the official site has announced him joining in the summer though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Transfermarkt lists him as someone who can indeed play DM, perhaps we are trying to hit two birds with one stone? ;)

Home of Barca Fans