James Rodriguez

Yannik

He and his wages are off their books..........it's a good deal.

His wages are 7m, that's pretty fucking normal for them and they are not struggling financially anyway. They bought a 16 yo experiment for 40m just because they have no idea what else to invest in atm.
Other than that, they could've just sold him for twice that if a PL club came and he'd be off the wage list anyway.
Bayern can now try him out and he's either a worldbeater and they buy him for a joke price, or he really sucks and they offload him to Madrid again where he'll be on his last year of contract and won't net significant revenue anymore.

Quite simply, Madrid got mugged.

Last edited:

Yannik

Doesn´t his contract with Real Madrid run out in 2019?
So how can Bayern have a buy Option when his contract runs out anyway?

afaik Madrid can extend his contract for a year due to some clause that came with the agreement.

EDIT: or maybe it just runs out in 2020 anyway.

Last edited:

El Flaco

I think it's worth to take into account that Bayern have a good business relationship with RM when it comes to transfers (Robben, James, Alonso etc.), despite their rivality in UCL. Yes, maybe it's bad from RM's perspective. But if they want to sign a player Bayern have, then perhaps it's possible the latter could make a deal like this.

JamDav1982

I think it's worth to take into account that Bayern have a good business relationship with RM when it comes to transfers (Robben, James, Alonso etc.), despite their rivality in UCL. Yes, maybe it's bad from RM's perspective. But if they want to sign a player Bayern have, then perhaps it's possible the latter could make a deal like this.

Dont think that has anything to do with it.

Not much has been coming back Reals way bar Kroos who was leaving them anyway.

1993Kaan1993

Bayern let Kross go because of his wage demands. The same reason why Real sold Di Maria because of his wage demands. just because Kroos asked highest wage in their team and they rejected his demands.

it's said James only wanted Bayern and Real had to offload him due to arrival of Ceballos this is why a deal like this happened.

James earns 7 m euros net or groos?

Jombi

Bayern let Kross go because of his wage demands. The same reason why Real sold Di Maria because of his wage demands. just because Kroos asked highest wage in their team and they rejected his demands.

it's said James only wanted Bayern and Real had to offload him due to arrival of Ceballos this is why a deal like this happened.

James earns 7 m euros net or groos?

7m net. Madrid pay 14m a year for him incl taxes.

Total-Football

It's not going to work for bayern.. James is an old fashioned number 10 à la riquelmes and the zidanes.. This type of profile doesn't exist in big clubs anymore . Nowadays the game is far more mechanical for such "liberterian" players to operate. my money on him spending those 2 years on the bench (after the trials of course)

Yannik

It's not going to work for bayern.. James is an old fashioned number 10 à la riquelmes and the zidanes.. This type of profile doesn't exist in big clubs anymore . Nowadays the game is far more mechanical for such "liberterian" players to operate. my money on him spending those 2 years on the bench (after the trials of course)

De Bruyne, Özil, David Silva, Eriksen etc are also No. 10s and Bayern has a no.10 spot open for him. There's no way I see him on the bench.

Total-Football

De Bruyne, Özil, David Silva, Eriksen etc are also No. 10s and Bayern has a no.10 spot open for him. There's no way I see him on the bench.

Well, don't mistake what i called "a classic 10" for a playmaker. A classic number 10 is a playmaker who tries to be the center of the team. He simply dictates the pace and monoplize the manœuvres of the team. So, in this system, you will notice that this player touches the ball way too many times more than his teammates. A prime example of that is Zidane like i have said, or players like Okocha etc..

On the other hand, in modern football, this notion of a central playmaker has become obsolete. Take for example Xavi and Iniesta. Both of those players are some of the best playmakers ever, yet they don't touch nor ask for the ball more than the rest of the midfielders or even the attackers. Those players have specific tasks and they stick to those. This attitude,of course , require far more discipline.

Having said that, all of those players you mentioned are playmakers and not classical 10's. De bruyne and Eriksen are playmakers who make sure the transition of the attack is fast and efficient. Silva is a disciplined playmaker who operates from the right (and not roam freely as in the case of the classical number 10).

The exception of your list is Ozil who meets my criteria. But then again Real Madrid sold him, and he's not doing great in Arsenal neither.

James is following the exact footsteps of Ozil so far.

Yannik

Well, don't mistake what i called "a classic 10" for a playmaker. A classic number 10 is a playmaker who tries to be the center of the team. He simply dictates the pace and monoplize the manœuvres of the team. So, in this system, you will notice that this player touches the ball way too many times more than his teammates. A prime example of that is Zidane like i have said, or players like Okocha etc..

On the other hand, in modern football, this notion of a central playmaker has become obsolete. Take for example Xavi and Iniesta. Both of those players are some of the best playmakers ever, yet they don't touch nor ask for the ball more than the rest of the midfielders or even the attackers. Those players have specific tasks and they stick to those. This attitude,of course , require far more discipline.

Having said that, all of those players you mentioned are playmakers and not classical 10's. De bruyne and Eriksen are playmakers who make sure the transition of the attack is fast and efficient. Silva is a disciplined playmaker who operates from the right (and not roam freely as in the case of the classical number 10).

The exception of your list is Ozil who meets my criteria. But then again Real Madrid sold him, and he's not doing great in Arsenal neither.

James is following the exact footsteps of Ozil so far.

Why would James try to be the center of the team or do all that though? It's not like James can't order Kebab today, just because he had Pizza the previous 2 days.
He'll just do the jobs Ancelotti wants from him, that worked well when they were at Madrid.
The current Bayern lineup also suggests that he'll operate from the half-wings, like Silva.

Home of Barca Fans