how did you become a barca fan ?

danny10257

this is a very good thread and i have had an enjoyable time reading all of your stories.
mine is as follows.
I was into american football and basketball as a youngster, mostly because i would get remarks like "soccer is gay" or "soccer is for girls" at school. At my house hold though, my dad was going crazy while watching el clasico of mexico (america vs. chivas) and I just decided to stay and watch. THis is when my interest for soccer really ignited. Then a week later my uncles from mexico came and they had fifa 1999 or some soccer game(it was old). They picked real madrid and i asked if i could play, of course they let me play. Then i asked who their rivals were and they said Barça. From that moment on I supported the club without watching any of their games because i was like 5 and didn't know how to use guide on my tv <_<... then in 2005 or 2006 i started watching their games. Now i don't miss any game!!! ♥
OFF TOPIC: LOLOL now most of the kids that told me at school that soccer was gay are sitting on the bench for soccer season while i play HAHAHAHAHA. it makes me feel good sometimes...

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
this is a very good thread and i have had an enjoyable time reading all of your stories.
mine is as follows.
I was into american football and basketball as a youngster, mostly because i would get remarks like "soccer is gay" or "soccer is for girls" at school. At my house hold though, my dad was going crazy while watching el clasico of mexico (america vs. chivas) and I just decided to stay and watch. THis is when my interest for soccer really ignited. Then a week later my uncles from mexico came and they had fifa 1999 or some soccer game(it was old). They picked real madrid and i asked if i could play, of course they let me play. Then i asked who their rivals were and they said Barça. From that moment on I supported the club without watching any of their games because i was like 5 and didn't know how to use guide on my tv <_<... then in 2005 or 2006 i started watching their games. Now i don't miss any game!!! ♥
OFF TOPIC: LOLOL now most of the kids that told me at school that soccer was gay are sitting on the bench for soccer season while i play HAHAHAHAHA. it makes me feel good sometimes...

Nice story, Danny!

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I've grown up with family and friends culés. I couldn't support any other team.

J

Julia Ukraine

oh, I was absolutely indifferent about football until August 2009. Then I saw match Barca Shaktar and was shocked - I felt in love with a man called Messi. I started to search internet about him, reading, watching his goals on youtube, reading his interviews...started learning Spanish...watching games on TV and finally went to match in Kiev when Barca played with Dinamo. I want to visit Barselona in November and go to Barca-Real Madrid

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
oh, I was absolutely indifferent about football until August 2009. Then I saw match Barca Shaktar and was shocked - I felt in love with a man called Messi. I started to search internet about him, reading, watching his goals on youtube, reading his interviews...started learning Spanish...watching games on TV and finally went to match in Kiev when Barca played with Dinamo. I want to visit Barselona in November and go to Barca-Real Madrid

You started to study spanish because Messi or because Barça?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Catalans are lucky to be blessed with club like FCB and to have had players like Ronaldinho or Messi who brought their city so much exposure.
There is nothing wrong with that Corb.

J

Julia Ukraine

You started to study spanish because Messi or because Barça?

I love Messi, Barca, Barcelona, Spanish language (which I now know differs from Catalan), Spanish songs. Just can't divide it and tell which one I love most. It was a very pleasant discovery for me - to know what the football is, and I can't understand how can I ignore it for so many years before. So Messi was first, then Barca, then football in total, then Spanish, then Barcelona :)

By the way, if I study Spanish, will I understand people in Barcelona?

Last edited:

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
I've played futbol since I was very young, and watched some games on tv, but being in Cuba, then to the US I seen more American/S. American games then European games. I became a huge fan of Argentina futbol, so naturally Messi became my favorite, and in hand I followed him to Barcelona. My love for Barcelona has succeeded that of Messi so I will stick to FC Barcelona forever.

JCCR_FCB

By the way, if I study Spanish, will I understand people in Barcelona?

Of course!

I've played futbol since I was very young, and watched some games on tv, but being in Cuba, then to the US I seen more American/S. American games then European games. I became a huge fan of Argentina futbol, so naturally Messi became my favorite, and in hand I followed him to Barcelona. My love for Barcelona has succeeded that of Messi so I will stick to FC Barcelona forever.

That's an interesting evolution...

innniesta

I was just wondering how other people became barcelona fans. Was it because of a player? the way they play? barcelona's where you live ? anything.

Well for me, this is probably gonna sound pretty stupid but here it goes. I never even liked football/soccer but really enjoyed the fifa games. But for some reason ive always reallly liked thierry henry but since i never watched the sport. When i played fifa 08, i naturally picked barcelona because i liked henry and from then i started to get to know everyone else. (i was so uninto the sport i didnt even know who ronaldinho was at the time =P and apart from the EPL teams i didnt even know other leagues existed haha).

Then from then on i just kept playing barcelona and then started to watch the sport. After watching barcelona play it even started to make me watch the sport and now i watch barcelona every week even with the absence of henry, barcelona are still my favorite team =P

JCCR_FCB

I was just wondering how other people became barcelona fans. Was it because of a player? the way they play? barcelona's where you live ? anything.

Well for me, this is probably gonna sound pretty stupid but here it goes. I never even liked football/soccer but really enjoyed the fifa games. But for some reason ive always reallly liked thierry henry but since i never watched the sport. When i played fifa 08, i naturally picked barcelona because i liked henry and from then i started to get to know everyone else. (i was so uninto the sport i didnt even know who ronaldinho was at the time =P and apart from the EPL teams i didnt even know other leagues existed haha).

Then from then on i just kept playing barcelona and then started to watch the sport. After watching barcelona play it even started to make me watch the sport and now i watch barcelona every week even with the absence of henry, barcelona are still my favorite team =P

It's a very good reason to follow Barça...

Home of Barca Fans