L

leo heart

my story is al lil bit strange i used to watch football since am 9 years old

and i used to cheer barca whn they play and real m adried whn they play

but day by day i used to see that the barca players r not like the mardides

they r totaly different in behave

the barca players are sooo good and coy

and they makes u feel ur watching a grt football game not a just ball kicking

but real madrid is not like that the r fumy and bad they dont behav ei only think raul is good among them

and day by day i used to o the differnce betweeen the two teamz

and whn i knew about that 1/11 game which was deleted from the fifa

i got more angry and i hate real madrid to death that all

Sallou

wow leo heart. i have a feeling you have a shrine in your basement, with real players' faces on the wall to throw darts at... do you have a knife collection?

Matija

So, at first, when I was little, I shad no interest in football whatoever, and I blame it on the fact that everytime I watched any football match, it was all dull and unattractive football. Yes, you guess, it wasn't Barca that was playing when I watched.

But, 2004-2005 season was the first time I really saw full Barcelona match, and I was blown away with one great footballing genius, Ronaldinho. His playing style and the magic he produced was simply out of this world, and that goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge was something special. So day by day I got more and more interested in Barcelona, and quite quickly I learned just about everything about the club. Also, I got so much in love with football that I can't imagine my life without playing it. Barca's football philosophy is something I appreciate more than anything.

By the end of 05/06 season, I was such a big fan that Barca became practically one of the most important things in my life. Every single player left a great impression on me, and there is simply no team that can replace Barcelona.

Currently, I'm so proud to be their supporter, and I'm grateful that I have the honour to watch this historic 6-cups winning team.

On top of all that, I plan to visit Barcelona in April, and hope to see my beloved team for the first time live at Camp Nou (vs. Athletic Bilbao).

C

cule17

My heart was always claret and blue.
In my country (LIBYA) BARCA,REAL i dnt like sayin der name, Inter, Milano and juve are da most known teams.
I was born into a family dat prefers da spanish sides so growing up wiv most ppl in my family real madrid fans apart from dad he was a Cule i started supportin the scum but everytime i watch i neva really felt that i enjoyed watchin them but when i watch barca i feel like am a part of them. the day that made me change 17 March 2004 Copa del rey Final Real vs real Zaragoza i was watchin it wiv my dad i was 11yrs old i realised real madrid was nt my team and i realised that i had claret blue heart from the day i was born.

FORCAA BARCAA
ANTI MADRIDISTA
y

Samuel Eto'o

I am from a tiny island in the West Indies called Nevis and here cricket was our religion. My brother and I started watching football just to find something else to argue about. That something was Ajax and Kluivert as he moved from Ajax to Milan we did the same. He ended up at Barca and so did we. We knew little about football and we were just following him to see him score goals. When he came to Barca the way in which Barca played had us hooked and we spend some time to understand the game not just spending a minute infront the tele when a goal is scored.

Anyways Its only fitting that Barcelona is my favourite football club since we share the same birthday. Dont remember the year exactly but Patrick Kluivert was the first Barca player I knew. Puyol was teaming with players such as Philippe Christanval and Michael Reiziger. Back then it was a passing fancy now Barca is my love and life. Dont think we won the league that year though. I also remember them playing in the UEFA CUp and Bonano(sp) doing something foolish and I think it was a team from Scotland who knocked us out.

I loved and enjoyed Kluivert's partnership with Rivaldo and the rest as they say is history.

Blaugrana1899

My story is an interesting tale.

I have never played oragnized football, because my father did not want my ankles to get destroyed. I mostly played baseball and basketball. I do have respect for the man, because my fellow Americans play too physical football. I was intrigued by the sport when I was 18. My friends enjoyed Barca and went to the first friendly in the United States (Giants Stadium). I was always aware of the club. My cousin and I would even play Fifa. My brother's friend would come over to show football vids and play Fifa. Lunch in high school and class was filled with football talk. So the influence was there. I started following the Premier League, because of Fox Soccer Channel. Unfortunately, GOLTV was not on cable for me. So I could not watch Barca or La Liga. I started watching Man United and enjoyed their style of play. I even enjoyed watching Chelsea. When Beckham came to the U.S. I was thrilled, because we(U.S.) had a star coming. Another intriguing factor was the NY Red Bulls are near me, because they are in New Jersey. I remember starting to watch some champions league matches of Barca(06/07) and I loved it. In the United States most people were fascinated by Ronnie and so was I. I remember watching the first friendly in the U.S., Barcelona versus Club America in California(Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). After that I just could not stop following the club. I would literally listen to the matches on Barca Radio and puchase Barca TV to watch the highlights and, other programming. Eventually, I fell in love with Leo's game. I was fascinated by his style of play and his life story. My first Barca shirt was Ronnie's 06/07. After that I purchased Leo's home and away shirt 07/08. I was thrilled, because I found a club I could relate to. I wanted to root for a Spanish club, because I am latino. The Mexican league did not appeal to me nor did MLS(They just don't play football right). The Premier League was not my thing either(couldn't relate to it). I remember the 07/08 was not a positive year, because of injuries to the club. But I was still in love with the club. I felt like I displayed my loyalty, because I stuck through the poor season(For those who don't know, I am a Mets, Nets, Jets, Rangers fan. These teams are historically not very successful. I have seen many poor years lol.). This is why the 08/09 season just blows me away. All the championships and even now with the seis copas. Til this day I feel content with the club. They represent civil rights and the club accepts anyone from any race. I love that! My family considers me a Barca-holic. I constantly wear t-shirts of Barca and I own most of the kits since I became a Blaugrana. They accept me for loving Barca and they are aware that I may move to Barcelona very soon. If I am at work or college, I constantly try to get the live scores and watch the highlights when I get home. On my free time I love to study the history of the club and watch classic matches.

P.S. THANK GOD FOR GOL TV COMING TO CABLE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

AlexandraJonson

Skånsk Culé
I was born in to a non-football family, my brother was the first to start play the game but when he was on the pitch he forgot about the ball and watched helicopters insted so he was never a football person and started with video games insted, the it was my sister who played she was abit more in to it but after 2 years she find her passion in horses insted. But when I saw her play I also wanted, so when I was 5 I started to play. But I never watched football I thougth it was really boring and as no one in my family didn't either I never started to. But when I was 8 my ant took me to a Malmö FF game (my local team in the swedish league) they lost 8-0 but I enjoyed it alot, not because of the football but because of supporters, so I started to watch Malmö and soon I was watching the swedish national team on tv and Henrik Larsson becomed my biggest hero. So when he signed for Barca in 2004, me and my dad watched his debut game on tv and I was chocked. I had never seen a team play so beautiful and I had never find it so fun to watch a football game. Since that day I have been stuck and now FC Barcelona is kind of my life. So thats my story

Thank you Henrik Larsson!!!

antimadritista

A masterpiece of DNA
When i was 8-9 years old i was a Fenerbahce fan.One day i saw my brother was watchin Ronaldinho.I asked "who is he?".He said "he is the best player on the world and he will play for the best team from now on." I watched a few game and i decided to become a Barca supporter.What a honour!

InflictingRage

I played a FIFA game on PlayStation 2 and played Career Mode with Barcelona. Ronaldinho, Saviola, Puyol and everybody were on the team.

I was still pretty young so wasn't interested in watching football, only playing videogames like FIFA. But one day, I found out Barcelona were gonna face Atletico Madrid. I watched the game on TV with my dad and I think Barcelona scored early goals and they won 3-0, I think. I don't remember that much, sadly.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
When i was about 7 or 8, i watched a video of Ronaldo's season at barca, After that i watched a few games, The rest is history...:lol:

Arabface

Being a big fan of Rivaldo, Ronaldo, and Kluivert. I always heart of Barcelona and their name kept coming back to me as if God always wanted us to be in the same place at the same time lol. I never really used to watch much club team football as my focus was mainly on Brasillllllllll. I'm not going to lie being a HUGE fan of Ronaldo I started to lean towards Real Madrid but did not consider myself a fan. However, Barcelona would always come to my attention. I became an official Cule when I sat down and thought to my self. Rivaldo played here, Ronaldo played here, Maradona played here, Cryuff played here, Kluivert played here, and the names just kept coming so I thought maybe that is who I should be cheering for. In 2002, watching Ronaldinho play in the World Cup gave me multiple orgasms at once. In 2003, after Barca signed him I thought to myself..here comes another great player I admire. So God just wanted me to be a Barcelona fanatic. Ever since 2003/2004 I have been a huge ass admirer of this team! In December 2005 I got my Ronaldinho home jersey that is currently in my room and I swore I would never wear it ever again. It is just used for decorational purposes along with so many Barcelona balls, hats, souvenirs, etc etc etc.
God bless Barcelona and Ronaldinho!!!

Arabface (1990-present)
a Cule (2004-present)
a Brasilenio (1996-present)
and motherlovin PROUDDDD

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice of you to share your story with us Arabface.
I think Barca made many new fans today as well :2145960713mundoemot

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
My story is somewhat funny (well, it still is when looking from a perspective of a 11 year-old).

We were spending a good holiday down Gran Canarias during the new year of '97 / '98 and one of the kids I had become friends with told me his family are going to see one local team play Barça and told me everything about Camp Nou.

At the time my interests were elsewhere and I didn't go to the game, but watched it live in a restaurant, and only then I saw what I had missed. I saw players like Figo (yes, Judas), Rivaldo, Guardiola, Kluivert etc. plying their trade in that Barça side. Unfortunately Ronaldo had left to Inter then, so never had a chance of seeing him don the "Blaugrana". From that time I think I had Ronaldo's Inter shirt, Batigol's "la viola" shirt and old Barça jersey from that season, but Barça was the team that left its marks.

Yet, as the time went by, I slowly started losing my interest in football altogether, mostly because of watching La Liga at that time was nigh impossibility in Finland and there just weren't enough broadcasters doing that, which was the "au contraire" situation vis-à-vis the Premier League. I did follow what was going on occasionally, but nothing more than that. I remember rather dimly the Gaspart era, and some of the players played for the team back then and that it was far from being the most succesful period, which also alienated me from Barça towards NHL instead, which was much more accessible to Finnish audience than La Liga.

However, sometime in 2003 or 2004 when I visited Barcelona for the first time, my interest started gradually rising and only as recently as 2006, a bit before moving to the city, I picked up following Barça again. Since 2007 I've seen prolly 90% of all the games played till now and hopefully will stay on that course forever.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans