Have you ever been called a glory hunter?

Have you ever been called a glory hunter?

• Total voters

Bergkamp10

Well for me, if someone's only started supporting a club because of their success then they're are a glory hunter. Dress it up however you like but they are. I find it hard to take people seriously if they've only been supporting a club like Barcelona or Manchester United for a short amount of time.

P

popeye

Supporting Heart of Midlothian, would NEVER qualify as being a glory hunter. Support your local team, wherever you are. Like most people, we all follow other teams in different leagues. I moved to Manchester in 1989 and started following Utd, unfortunately for me, that was the year they started winning, ha ha, then got called a glory hunter. Not my fault they started winning cups and then the league, after i moved there. On holiday in Spain, myself and my wife visited the Camp Nou and obviously became hooked on the Blaugrana. My wife loves Barca more than she loves me I think. Greatest footballing side to ever grace our fantastic game. No-one can ever be anything but admirable about the way that Pep has got us playing. Football teams need quality, harmony and also a team that respect EACH OTHER as players ( take note Ronaldo). Im not a glory hunter, just a lover of the beautiful game

sukhy

I haven't, which is quite surprising! Lol, I've been following Barca since 98, when I was 7, and I've stuck with them ever since :D

XaviMessiGirl

Well for me, if someone's only started supporting a club because of their success then they're are a glory hunter. Dress it up however you like but they are. I find it hard to take people seriously if they've only been supporting a club like Barcelona or Manchester United for a short amount of time.

There are many newer fans here, myself included, and most of them seem like genuine fans. There are only a few I can think of that probably aren't and most of them are glaringly obvious about it. A good way to tell who the glory supporters are is how they act when we lose.

I also think it's to be expected that clubs get new fans when they are successful, especially abroad. Realistically, what are the odds that an American (or any foreigner) would start to support a non-successful club that probably doesn't even get TV coverage here over Barca, Real, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Inter, Milan, etc. unless they have some special connection to a foreign city with a lesser club? Yeah some are glory hunters, of course, but not all new fans are. Everyone has to start somewhere.

But I'm also not one to call people out on it and I don't see the point, I don't see why people care so much, just let them all have their fun :p

Ocelot

Supporting the best team in the world makes you prone to recieve such "insults". I've been supporting Barcelona since 2000/2001. While Madrid won the Champions league twice in those times we were in the Uefa cup and we got eleminated against Liverpool. (Mc allister penalty) . That doesn't make me a glory hunter for sure. But living in a place concentrated with alot of EPL and Serie A fans makes you prone to these insults from others.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Supporting the best team in the world makes you prone to recieve such "insults". I've been supporting Barcelona since 2000/2001. While Madrid won the Champions league twice in those times we were in the Uefa cup and we got eleminated against Liverpool. (Mc allister penalty) . That doesn't make me a glory hunter for sure. But living in a place concentrated with alot of EPL and Serie A fans makes you prone to these insults from others.

No worries, you are Ocelot afterall. If they come up to you with those stuffs just tell 'em: "Now I show you why they call me... Revolver!"

Bergkamp10

There are many newer fans here, myself included, and most of them seem like genuine fans. There are only a few I can think of that probably aren't and most of them are glaringly obvious about it. A good way to tell who the glory supporters are is how they act when we lose.

I also think it's to be expected that clubs get new fans when they are successful, especially abroad. Realistically, what are the odds that an American (or any foreigner) would start to support a non-successful club that probably doesn't even get TV coverage here over Barca, Real, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Inter, Milan, etc. unless they have some special connection to a foreign city with a lesser club? Yeah some are glory hunters, of course, but not all new fans are. Everyone has to start somewhere.

But I'm also not one to call people out on it and I don't see the point, I don't see why people care so much, just let them all have their fun :p

Should have made my point clearer. I was speaking more about (for example) London based Manchester United fans who have no emotional ties with the club. I know it's difficult for fans living in the US or Australia for example. Didn't mean fans like you, more just some of the 'fans' I know. For example, this guy I know is a United fan despite his family being West Ham fans and he's really smug about everything and it just annoys me.

XaviMessiGirl

Should have made my point clearer. I was speaking more about (for example) London based Manchester United fans who have no emotional ties with the club. I know it's difficult for fans living in the US or Australia for example. Didn't mean fans like you, more just some of the 'fans' I know. For example, this guy I know is a United fan despite his family being West Ham fans and he's really smug about everything and it just annoys me.

Oh yeah I see what you mean... yeah I just recently had a huge debate with some Sunderland fans on another forum that think that I'm not a real fan just because I'm American and couldn't possibly understand the passion. Really pisses me off when people are so nationalist when it comes to football that they don't think anyone outside their country should support anyone in their league, and nobody outside their city should support their club. There's a reason why EPL, La Liga, and Serie A are shown worldwide, because they have worldwide appeal.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Of course, I support Chelsea, and to a lot of people it seems they think Chelsea didn't have any fans before 2003. Plus being from another country doesn't help, since Europeans with certain complexes seem to think you're not a real fan unless you're from Europe/the place where your team is. :lol: Ignorant fools!

Guardian

is it offensive to be called glory hunter?
I've been accused of being sexist, terrorist, anarchist, racist, female hole hunter,all-hater, arrogant Balkan fuck, brutal-metalist, poor caveman and you people are offended because someone called you glory hunter? :lol:

cheese, people are soft nowadays

Whoever who supports teams I don't like is a focking glory hunter and deserves to be beaten until his azz gets red with blue stripes!

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Never been called one but do get some odd looks when I tell people who I support. There are enough real glory hunters in England so it's an easy argument to use.

Chainsaw

Killahead
is it offensive to be called glory hunter?
I've been accused of being sexist, terrorist, anarchist, racist, female hole hunter,all-hater, arrogant Balkan fuck, brutal-metalist, poor caveman and you people are offended because someone called you glory hunter? :lol:

Sigh.... you've been busy!

Home of Barca Fans