Have you ever been called a glory hunter?

Have you ever been called a glory hunter?

• Total voters

deelio

Never been called one. I started watching barca in 2007, when they were going through a fruitless period in their history. I remember them losing that clasico where i think it was baptista that scored. To be honest, I began watching barca (and football in general) because of Ronaldinho. But since then, I have simply fallen in love with Barca's football. I read their news daily, I read this forum daily (though I don't post too much), I watch every single match (even scheduling classes around matches, especially those tue/wed CL matches), and took a trip to the Camp Nou last summer.

maz

I walk the line
Nope.

Never been called one. I started watching barca in 2007, when they were going through a fruitless period in their history. I remember them losing that clasico where i think it was baptista that scored. To be honest, I began watching barca (and football in general) because of Ronaldinho. But since then, I have simply fallen in love with Barca's football. I read their news daily, I read this forum daily (though I don't post too much), I watch every single match (even scheduling classes around matches, especially those tue/wed CL matches), and took a trip to the Camp Nou last summer.

Out of interest, if you started supporting fcb in 2007 when Ronaldinho was on the down, what was it exactly that appealed to you? I could understand if it was Ronaldinho in his heyday, but in 2007 is surprising. Just curious!

deelio

I guess ronnie on the down is still ronnie, you know? It wasn't like he couldn't touch the ball anymore. And also, he may have been on the down, but messi was surely on the up :D I remember going to a game in NYC in the summer of 2008 (before our treble) where it was FCB and NY redbulls and being so pissed that messi wasn't there.

iookram

I've just been called a glory hunter when I can assure you that I am not such a fan. Barca has been my club ever since I started following football in 2003. I'm only still in school(turning 18 this year) and I'm living in Asia.

Is it wrong to be a Barca fan just because we're winning now and I've never been to Barcelona? I definitely plan on going to the Camp Nou when I start working and saved up enough.

Sorry for this rant... I just wanna know what you guys think.

Bergkamp10

No because I was born in Islington and Arsenal's been in my family since the 1930s so there was no other option but Arsenal. Had a season ticket since I was 8 and will continue supporting the club through thick and thin.

X

xaviniesta

it wasn't the first barca game i saw, but agains manchester united 2007/2008 in camp nou I was fascinated by the way the played, i never saw anything like that in my life even though the game ended with 0-0 draw. the passes, the movements, the domination...since then i've seen every single barcelona's game.

XaviMessiGirl

I've just been called a glory hunter when I can assure you that I am not such a fan. Barca has been my club ever since I started following football in 2003. I'm only still in school(turning 18 this year) and I'm living in Asia.

Is it wrong to be a Barca fan just because we're winning now and I've never been to Barcelona? I definitely plan on going to the Camp Nou when I start working and saved up enough.

Sorry for this rant... I just wanna know what you guys think.

I know how you feel, I haven't been a Barca fan for all that long either but it doesn't automatically make us glory hunters. Everyone becomes a fan some time and I'm sure those who became fans when Ronaldinho was in his prime, or during the Dream Team era to give an older example, were also called glory hunters at the time but now no longer are.

Here in the US I don't even really know anyone who watches football at all, so it's a sport hard to get into here. ESPN shows a game or two a week but it's usually something like Man Utd, otherwise you have to subscribe to special channels and pay extra to be able to watch any matches on TV. Plus I'm a student too so I can't afford to go to the Camp Nou either. I've just learned to ignore people who seem to have a problem with these things :)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
lol never been called a glory hunter cause most people in canada are all glory hunters themselves :lol: like in the world cup everybody was jacking off to spain and i am like name their best player and everybody said torres and they could not name 5 players on the team :lol: i have been following spain ever since i have followed barca since 2003.......worst ever feeling was guard of honor we had to give the white trash and losing to liverpool in the CL.....to be a glory hunter u just follow the club when they winning and u drop them when they start losing

Home of Barca Fans