Gerard Deulofeu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What level has he shown to be a decent LW? There are better players at the club than him already for that role.

He was far better on right at Everton and poor on both for Milan really.

The only thing we have to go off of is that he was far less one-dimensional on the LW at Barca B, and was one of the best forwards in that league. Capable enough for a backup to Neymar, who will most certainly play whenever fit/avaialable.

JamDav1982

The only thing we have to go off of is that he was far less one-dimensional on the LW at Barca B, and was one of the best forwards in that league. Capable enough for a backup to Neymar, who will most certainly play whenever fit/avaialable.

Seem to remember him playing on the RW more than LW in that league. Which in reality is a fairly poor league anyway.

All the players I mentioned and in particular Denis have played better on the LW at much higher level. Have better back ups already.

God Serena

Someone who says Arda is a better anything than anyone is just spewing mindless hate.

The guy would rather crack open a cold one with the boys than go for a jog on the wing.

JamDav1982

Someone who says Arda is a better anything than anyone is just spewing mindless hate.

The guy would rather crack open a cold one with the boys than go for a jog on the wing.

Arda has played better at a higher level on the LW than Deulofeu has. Which says it all as Arda should be sold.

Deulofeu has shown nothing on the left or right wing in his career to be brought back to Barca.

The mindless love in for an inferior player is worse.

God Serena

Arda has played better at a higher level on the LW than Deulofeu has. Which says it all as Arda should be sold.

Deulofeu has shown nothing on the left or right wing in his career to be brought back to Barca.

The mindless love in for an inferior player is worse.

I'd take a selfish player with little end product and any other flaw you may see in Gerard's game over a player who doesn't even want to play any day of the week and is only around so he can collect a check and not run.

Arda is the lowest low you could possibly hope for in not just a left winger, but as a footballer in general. This "Has played better" stuff is pure nonsense, he doesn't play the way he has because he does not care. I'd start Jordi Alba as LW over Arda and I'd probably even consider starting Digne over him as well. We could probably give Mboula the first team minutes he's so desperate for and he'd even be a better option at LW than Arda.

I get that you don't rate Deulofeu and that's fine (I've started to sour on him myself tbh) but let's be realistic here, he'd be an upgrade over Arda and it's no contest.

JamDav1982

I'd take a selfish player with little end product and any other flaw you may see in Gerard's game over a player who doesn't even want to play any day of the week and is only around so he can collect a check and not run.

Arda is the lowest low you could possibly hope for in not just a left winger, but as a footballer in general. This "Has played better" stuff is pure nonsense, he doesn't play the way he has because he does not care. I'd start Jordi Alba as LW over Arda and I'd probably even consider starting Digne over him as well. We could probably give Mboula the first team minutes he's so desperate for and he'd even be a better option at LW than Arda.

I get that you don't rate Deulofeu and that's fine (I've started to sour on him myself tbh) but let's be realistic here, he'd be an upgrade over Arda and it's no contest.

Take who you want but Arda has shown more at LW than Deulofeu ever has but still should be sold. As has Denis shown far more.

Not pure nonsense at all Deulofeu has done nothing to prove himself good enough for Everton or Milan and if Neymar got injured would have Arda at LW ahead of him every single time even though he isn't good enough for Barca.

He wouldn't be an upgrade and hasn't shown anything at any club to suggest he would be. Others at club are better than Deulofeu even some that are not good enough.

If AC Milan or Everton had the chance of Arda or Deulofeu they would take Arda. I have no doubt at all about that.

God Serena

Take who you want but Arda has shown more at LW than Deulofeu ever has but still should be sold. As has Denis shown far more.

Not pure nonsense at all Deulofeu has done nothing to prove himself good enough for Everton or Milan and if Neymar got injured would have Arda at LW ahead of him every single time even though he isn't good enough for Barca.

He wouldn't be an upgrade and hasn't shown anything at any club to suggest he would be. Others at club are better than Deulofeu even some that are not good enough.

If AC Milan or Everton had the chance of Arda or Deulofeu they would take Arda. I have no doubt at all about that.

Perhaps we could use Denis as LW. Maybe Valverde will give it a shot, I'm not averse to that idea.

My issue is Arda at Barca is not just not good enough, he's uninterested in playing. I'd rather a player who isn't good enough, than a player who doesn't care, who openly admitted he only joined so he wouldn't have to run.

JamDav1982

Perhaps we could use Denis as LW. Maybe Valverde will give it a shot, I'm not averse to that idea.

My issue is Arda at Barca is not just not good enough, he's uninterested in playing. I'd rather a player who isn't good enough, than a player who doesn't care, who openly admitted he only joined so he wouldn't have to run.

Arda was good when played regularly on LW early in season and got in amongst goals and assists and worked hard enough. I don't agree he downed tools or stopped trying. Just there is no real reason or role to keep him in squad.

Denis should be given a chance as back up to LW as well as CM for me. It is where he has played best football of his career.

God Serena

Arda was good when played regularly on LW early in season and got in amongst goals and assists and worked hard enough. I don't agree he downed tools or stopped trying. Just there is no real reason or role to keep him in squad.

Denis should be given a chance as back up to LW as well as CM for me. It is where he has played best football of his career.

Arda had one good spell of form on LW and scored a ton of meaningless goals, but his performances in general are just too lazy to be anything to we can hope to rely on. I still remember him putting in a shocking performance against a 3rd division team much worse than the team's Deulofeu destroyed as a teenager, not from lack of ability, but from lack of effort.

I would give Denis a chance at LW as well, although it was obvious to me that he was signed to be a CM. That will be up to Valverde, although it seems he's got his heart set on Deulofeu, despite Romero saying the opposite.

El Barcelona

Good, now we can move on. Can't judge him because I don't follow Italian competition but with what I saw in the past this must be the best solution for both parties.

Home of Barca Fans