Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Makes sense as there's no chance Dembele moves this summer as Dortmund said.

If he comes, he'll have to work hard and play well as Valverde won't allow his nonsense such as trying to score from corners.

EV put a lot of emphasis on the collective unit and play when he was asked about tactics and MSN in his presentation.

JamDav1982

Makes sense as there's no chance Dembele moves this summer as Dortmund said.

If he comes, he'll have to work hard and play well as Valverde won't allow his nonsense such as trying to score from corners.

EV put a lot of emphasis on the collective unit and play when he was asked about tactics and MSN in his presentation.

Doesn't make sense to me as Duelofeu is nowhere near good enough for what Barca need to move forward.

He is not good enough for Everton, barely and probably not good enough for a crap AC Milan side but Barca want him back?

Awful signing if he is seen as an alternative to likes of Dembele.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doesn't make sense to me as Duelofeu is nowhere near good enough for what Barca need to move forward.

He is not good enough for Everton, barely and probably not good enough for a crap AC Milan side but Barca want him back?

Awful signing if he is seen as an alternative to likes of Dembele.

It's either Deulofeu for 12m or sign another winger.

Comes to cost and value.

If the plan is to sign Dembele, then we have to wait until next year. Watzke said there's no way he's leaving after one season and those guys in BVB usually do as they say.

What other options are available? Vitolo for 30m? Not worth it IMO.

Is Deulofeu great? No, he seem to have gone back to his same issues at Milan after a nice start.

However this makes sense for the club as a short-term, one-year option where it's either sink or swim for Deulofeu.

Also got to consider that if he still flops, they're still in a position to profit from the 12m they will have to pay.

Aleix Vidal is there too, so if Deulofeu comes he has to work hard and cut the crap to get minutes.

JamDav1982

Would rather play Rafinha, Denis, Vidal or even likes of Roberto at RW than Deulofeu.

If they are taking him in to rely on him in any way it is an error for me. Would rather pay 18m more for Vitolo any day of the week than Deulofeu if it came down to that.

Interlop

We will end up with like Gomes as a RW/RM because Valverde won't tolerate his wasteful play. That being said he is alright as a backup maybe, but nothing more than that now.

khaled_a_d

Would rather play Rafinha, Denis, Vidal or even likes of Roberto at RW than Deulofeu.

If they are taking him in to rely on him in any way it is an error for me. Would rather pay 18m more for Vitolo any day of the week than Deulofeu if it came down to that.

May be he is going to be back up LW? I can see a lot of rotation next year,considering it will be world cup season I can see MSN finally accepting some rest. And tbh I think he is better than anyone in the club right now for that role. Arda need to go,Vidal and Rafinha not suited for that position and even Denis looked better at RW when he was at Villarreal

JamDav1982

May be he is going to be back up LW? I can see a lot of rotation next year,considering it will be world cup season I can see MSN finally accepting some rest. And tbh I think he is better than anyone in the club right now for that role. Arda need to go,Vidal and Rafinha not suited for that position and even Denis looked better at RW when he was at Villarreal

He cant play on the left with any consistency from what I have seen. Denis at Villareal was far better on the left than anything Deulofeu has shown. He is so one dimensional it is untrue and that style fits the right hand side better where he just dribbles ball to death and puts balls into box.

Would have Arda, Denis, Iniesta even Alba as a LW long before Deulofeu. Which says it all.

khaled_a_d

He cant play on the left with any consistency from what I have seen. Denis at Villareal was far better on the left than anything Deulofeu has shown. He is so one dimensional it is untrue and that style fits the right hand side better where he just dribbles ball to death and puts balls into box.

Would have Arda, Denis, Iniesta even Alba as a LW long before Deulofeu. Which says it all.

He played on the left more with Milan from what I have read,he was always more consistent and better their and shows more ability to cut to goal or to make a pass specially during his days at Barca B (long time I know) but this seems to be the position that fits him the most here and as a back up their he could be a good addition if the coach trust his ability to get into his head to play the system specially playing with other superstars (and idols)

The last line is sort of exaggerating, you are truly underrating him in this case tbh

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If he's coming back to play primarily as a lw backup, then it is a good signing. I don't think he's as good on the right.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I would prefer Vidal in that role tbh. He's very intent on having a role and fighting for a starting spot, but much like Roberto he can have a fairly important role even without being an outright staple in a certain position. He could accumulate a lot of minutes over the season being the backup at LW/RW/RB. He has all the pace, energy, and creative instinct to play as a winger which was his native position anyways. Add his defensive workrate in and the team doesn't lose any defensive presence if he's playing up front. If he wasn't injured earlier in the season, I would've easily preferred him over Rafinha for the RM role in the 3-4-3 for example. His utility in multiple positions and formations should not be underestimated.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[MENTION=12906]DonAndres[/MENTION], my post was assuming that Deulofeu would be the only winger signed, pushing Vidal into the starting lineup automatically in a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1.

JamDav1982

He played on the left more with Milan from what I have read,he was always more consistent and better their and shows more ability to cut to goal or to make a pass specially during his days at Barca B (long time I know) but this seems to be the position that fits him the most here and as a back up their he could be a good addition if the coach trust his ability to get into his head to play the system specially playing with other superstars (and idols)

The last line is sort of exaggerating, you are truly underrating him in this case tbh

Ac Milan fans don't seem to want him and the usual ideas of him being 'lazy', 'selfish', 'greedy' come up again just as they did at Everton.

Denis at Villareal was in a different league to anything Deulofeu has shown on left or any position where he has been deemed not good enough by fans of Everton and AC Milan for most part.

Not exaggerating at all. Every single one of those players mentioned have shown more on left than Deulofeu has.

JamDav1982

If he's coming back to play primarily as a lw backup, then it is a good signing. I don't think he's as good on the right.

What level has he shown to be a decent LW? There are better players at the club than him already for that role.

He was far better on right at Everton and poor on both for Milan really.

Home of Barca Fans