Friendlies

Pepe Silvia

Mexico was decent, I still don't see a "team" though, most of the games under Herrera have been hit n misses for me, Mexico has won these two matches thanks to golazos, particularly against Ecuador, who I thought did not deserve to lose.

Hopefully Herrera plays Peralta and Gio upfront, Javier could be a valuable substitute to have, but to me his not a starter at all, dude looks like he doesn't know how to dribble to save his life. Not having Montes is a huge blow though, his a Xavi type of player, except less skillful of course, but still controls the middle pretty well.

Overall I'm not satisfied with their performances thus far, I'm only judging these past few games of course, but I guess we'll see what happens.
You don't see a team because Herrera purposely hadn't decided a final roster for WC yet. So the intent was to milk these last games and make roster decisions at the very end. It kept players sharp and determined, fighting tooth and nail to want to make the squad. Good tactic if you ask me. It was very clear though, who would make a starting 11. Montes not there is going to be huge. Anyone who has seen him play knows how impressive he is. I like the team though, I see them doing some good things. I like the forward battles and I think Jimenez is a future star.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
RIP Montes HUGE blow for MEX that guy is so awesome. Didn't see it but apparently Rafa got injured as well?

No I'm not Mexican. I do follow them and I live in SoCal so... :)

Completely douche of Montes, took out 2 players (Himself as well) with a stupid, nasty & late lunge....Ecuador's Castillo deserved better whereas Montes fully earned the leg break

Might want to turn away

[youtube]Hs73yBviMds[/youtube]

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
It was a fucktard move no doubt. Ramos would be proud.

I want to say montes was a little pumped up from his goal. Trying to give it his all. But yea stupid I thought. Why go in like that?
But deserved? I don't think he had any bad intentions.

Ahhh I see haha yea I'm Mexican, and in so cal :D

Haha what part of SoCal ?

footyfan

Calma, calma
NegligibleGleamingDwarfrabbit.gif

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Here it is, you guys ready? USA will get 1st in their group, tear up everything, Dempsey will be on fire, but then he'll get injured and they'll get knocked out in round of 16 to Belgium, all the US fans will be like, "Oh if we had Dempsey we would have won the WC."

Calling it right now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Here it is, you guys ready? USA will get 1st in their group, tear up everything, Dempsey will be on fire, but then he'll get injured and they'll get knocked out in round of 16 to Belgium, all the US fans will be like, "Oh if we had Dempsey we would have won the WC."

Calling it right now.

You should place some bets on that happening. :p Strike it rich.

BerkeleyBernie

That was a great-looking move by Dempsey, though, TBH, he got lucky with the blind nutmeg. It's meant to wrongfoot the defender towards Dempsey's right foot, then putting the ball around the defender's left side. The defender didn't fully buy the juke, and Dempsey was fortunate the ball went between the legs instead of hitting one. Entertaining, nonetheless.

On another note, for the first time, USA is actually watchable for the first time, able to work the ball up the field with decent passing and some creativity, and not the British-inspired oafish hoofball of previous years. Which leaves them horribly exposed at the back, but at least it's not painful to watch. Nice step forward into the modern era.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans