Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's gonna be missing again next season... the same absence problems we will face again next season... how is this not registering to the board or fans? I'm speechless.

I agree that his performance as manager this season was less than spectacular overall. However the absence problems next season might be something like 4 games max, not 3 entire months. He might have learned from his mistakes so I don't think it's rational to sack him so quickly after a season with quite a few problems (injuries, illnesses, etc.)

Giving him at least one more season is the best bet. He can have a second chance at coaching and should he fail to perform, we'd be more assured in letting him go. If we did it this season, our most likely candidate to take over would be Roura. There are no other potential managers on the market right now and it's not a thought out decision yet, more of a knee-jerk reaction. Giving one more season gives time to plan. If by February/March, he is still on the same boat then the board can start looking around and starting negotiations to bring in another manager. My idea is that while Tito gets his shot, Luis Enrique will also be in his first season at Celta. If he impresses there, he'd be a great option to bring to the club.

F

Flavia

I agree that his performance as manager this season was less than spectacular overall. However the absence problems next season might be something like 4 games max, not 3 entire months. He might have learned from his mistakes so I don't think it's rational to sack him so quickly after a season with quite a few problems (injuries, illnesses, etc.)
Hopefully, as no one wants him to have another relapse, but this is not guaranteed. Only for this a different coach should be appointed. He could relapse and the problem be even worse.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hopefully, as no one wants him to have another relapse, but this is not guaranteed. Only for this a different coach should be appointed. He could relapse and the problem be even worse.

If he shows signs of illness/relapse then the job really isn't for him. And that's not something hastily said to cover up the fact that some people want him gone, it's actually a legitimate reason because while having the job of Barca manager may be a dream, it shouldn't be at the cost of one's own health or even life.

ryuken

Giving him at least one more season is the best bet. He can have a second chance at coaching and should he fail to perform, we'd be more assured in letting him go. If we did it this season, our most likely candidate to take over would be Roura. There are no other potential managers on the market right now and it's not a thought out decision yet, more of a knee-jerk reaction. Giving one more season gives time to plan. If by February/March, he is still on the same boat then the board can start looking around and starting negotiations to bring in another manager. My idea is that while Tito gets his shot, Luis Enrique will also be in his first season at Celta. If he impresses there, he'd be a great option to bring to the club.

Thing is, you cant never be certain with cancer treatment.

spark

Looks like Rubi will be joining the coaching staff from Girona. Harsh for them , missed promotion and now we take the coach that got them that far from relegation survivors. Anyway good move by the club.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
From a Barcelona point of view looks like a good move. I hope he will do a great job for us.

ShandyFFM

Not sure if im happy with our current Barcaphilosophy. The transfers( Neymar is fine but Thiago is a huge loss ) the decision to give youth players less playing time . The coaching team and Titos absence the president rosell with his board and the decisions to let some good people of our Barca stuff go. And most of all the decision to get rid of Pep wich imo was the worst decision in years.

akaranzo

Not sure if im happy with our current Barcaphilosophy. The transfers( Neymar is fine but Thiago is a huge loss ) the decision to give youth players less playing time . The coaching team and Titos absence the president rosell with his board and the decisions to let some good people of our Barca stuff go. And most of all the decision to get rid of Pep wich imo was the worst decision in years.

Pep wanted to leave, Barca did everything they could to keep him but he just didn't want to coach Barca any more.

ShandyFFM

Good choice to get an other coach on board. Dont know him but i hope he can make an impact on our team and Tito is willing to give him a voice in his team.

Home of Barca Fans