Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

lovebarca

@barcastuff 31 min
New assistant Rubi will focus on dead balls and tactical issues. His former club Girona scored 17 goals from set pieces this season. [ser]
I have also heard about this.
I think its good move,and from record it seems Rubi is good on tactical issues.It will help us.
I heard tito is not available in first months of season due to cancer treatment,is it correct?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Catalan, offensive minded, sharp with set pieces and ingenuity in unlocking defenses will be a welcome addition to the coaching staff...He has a one year contract so he'll have his chance to show his worth at a club like Barcelona...Apparently Tito has wanted Rubi on his staff for years

ceefoo

Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Paris St Germain
Manchester United
Manchester City
Chelsea
Inter Milan
Roma
Napoli

All have new coaches this summer. This would be a good time for Barcelona to get a new coach as well. Tito is an OK coach but he's going to miss games again this season and we should learn from last year.
Good point. My first preference would have been Frank de Boer, but he has just signed a contract extension with Ajax. I still think Heynckes could be tempted out of retirement as a short-term replacement, although I accept some culés have a problem with him because of his RM connection.

...However the absence problems next season might be something like 4 games max, not 3 entire months.
You're kidding yourself if you think Tito is going to miss a maximum of 4 games next season. :fool:

Looks like Rubi will be joining the coaching staff from Girona. Harsh for them , missed promotion and now we take the coach that got them that far from relegation survivors. Anyway good move by the club.
From a Barcelona point of view looks like a good move. I hope he will do a great job for us.
Good choice to get an other coach on board. Dont know him but i hope he can make an impact on our team and Tito is willing to give him a voice in his team.
A calculated move by management. :sherlock: With Rubi's appointment, the club are preparing themselves for Tito's continued absence. Unlike Roura, Rubi is a proper first-team head-coach and has been identified by mgmt. as the suitable choice to take over the reins without becoming an overbearing threat to his position, when Tito takes time off for treatment.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It was said that Rubi was the 3rd most senior coach after Roura, so are you sure he'll be the one taking over during Tito's treatment?

ceefoo

It was said that Rubi was the 3rd most senior coach after Roura, so are you sure he'll be the one taking over during Tito's treatment?
Correct. As proven last season Roura is by no-means a head-coach and it would be a massive mistake to allow him that responsibility next season. Rubi is a guy Tito trusts to leave the team with, without being threatened by his presence. Tito could be confident that Rubi would be only a stand-in replacement until his return so it would suit all parties in that respect.

Ursegor

World Champion
#TitoOut

That was a real disgrace from him tonight. :coffee: Subbing in Villa after 0-3. Good old Tito. Never learns. :coffee:

F

Flavia

2dwhwg4.jpg

Collar up, like :neymar:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Tito is a good coach who has a great tactical prowess... The only issue he has is his man-management skill which is nothing a bit of experience won't take care of. Only, sadly, his deteriorated health could have a serious impact on whether he can improve as a manager. In my opinion he had better take rest and improve his health. He must anyway have earned enough for his family to lead a secured life anyway.

F

Flavia

His small squad seems to be taking shape.
If Thiago leaves, and just a cb is brought, I think there'll be 23 or 24 players.

Home of Barca Fans