Financial Fairplay a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Inter is worse in this case. At least Barca pay big wages to the players who have big impact. They repay what they're earning. Unlike Inter who pay for alot of deadwoods in the team, who don't even have half the impact for what they earn.

a lot of contracts that were given to these players were during the time that moratti was happy and inter were winning Serie A. You cant fault Moratti for doing that. Expected? yes. Short Sighted? yes.

adil_909

Inter is worse in this case. At least Barca pay big wages to the players who have big impact. They repay what they're earning. Unlike Inter who pay for alot of deadwoods in the team, who don't even have half the impact for what they earn.

we've done our fair share of this though. remember saviola? his wages were so ridiculous he preferred to sit on the bench and never play a game rather than go anywhere else :lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
we've done our fair share of this though. remember saviola? his wages were so ridiculous he preferred to sit on the bench and never play a game rather than go anywhere else :lol:

Gaspart era is far away now. I was talking about the current Barca. Gaspart was just nuts. How much could a president can do all dumb things in a very short time?!! The guy is just retard I guess.

JonM

yeah the wages we are paying are insane. i don't think any of the players would leave if they were making 3/4 of what they are now - they are still playing for the best club in the world and are earning a TON of money.

I don't think the wages are that insane. The problem (if you can call it that) is having so many star players on one team. No other club comes close except maybe for RM. According transfermarkt.com, we have 5 of the 7 most expensive players in the world (market value).

Der Kaiser

1 Lionel Messi 100.000.000 €
2 Cristiano Ronald 90.000.000 €
3 Andrés Iniesta 65.000.000 €
4 Cesc Fàbregas 54.000.000 €
5 Wayne Rooney 54.000.000 €
6 David Villa 45.000.000 €
7 Xavi 45.000.000 €

M

mitkoa7x

100kk for Messi seems like a low price, even Redknap said 115kk is not enough.

adil_909

if ronaldo is worth 90 million (he's not, madrid just inflate everything), then messi is worth 150k.

the problem is, this "worth" is a reflection of the market, and the market is set by crazy clubs like madrid chelsea man city who will play over the top to get whoever they want and then discard them like a used tissue.

Ash1899

if ronaldo is worth 90 million (he's not, madrid just inflate everything), then messi is worth 150k.

the problem is, this "worth" is a reflection of the market, and the market is set by crazy clubs like madrid chelsea man city who will play over the top to get whoever they want and then discard them like a used tissue.

like Barca?

Ash1899

Are you saying Ibra is a used tissue?

For Barca? Yes.

Did you guys not buy him for 70m and then sold him next season for a mere 24m?

I'm just saying that it hypocritical of Barca fans to moan about other clubs inflating the market and paying over the top when they themselves have been doing the exact same thing

dalitis8

Banned
The statement of GdS, Barca loss 72.9 mio, is old (year 2010).

2011:
"Barcelona made a smaller loss than expected last season and are confident of returning to profit in the 2011-12 campaign after two years of deficits, vice-president for economic affairs Javier Faus has said.

The Spanish and European champions posted a pre-tax loss of 9.3 million euros (£8.2m) in the year to the end of June, less than half the 21.4 million euros expected and down from 83 million euros in the year-earlier period, Faus said.

Winning the Champions League, the club's new sponsorship deal with Qatar Foundation, a strong turnout at the Camp Nou stadium and a surge in visitors to the club's museum had helped trim the deficit, he added.

"Our obligation is to make a profit from next season and we will do that," he said. "For the first time in two years we will present a budget that foresees profit."

In a separate statement on their website, Barca said the sales of players (FUCKING)Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Martin Caceres for much less than they cost had contributed to losses of 44.2 million euros, without which the club would have posted a pre-tax profit of 33.5 million".
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26072011/58/la-liga-barca-report-smaller-loss-expected.html

Barcelona's finances are in rude health.

Those 2 year-deficits were thanks to our disastrous transfers. The club is fundamentally profitable.

dalitis8

Banned
For Barca? Yes.

Did you guys not buy him for 70m and then sold him next season for a mere 24m?

I'm just saying that it hypocritical of Barca fans to moan about other clubs inflating the market and paying over the top when they themselves have been doing the exact same thing

I want Ibra to die of the plague...

Barcafan 2304

Think it was forecast/projected that we are anticipating to have the highest turnover of any club, including Madrid, in the enar future

Home of Barca Fans