Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Gallivanter

Despite this being a great day, and all the fuss going on in recent weeks, the main problem is getting overshadowed by less important aspects so far.

Who is FIFA president? - not that important
FIFA is corrupt? - not that important
The election was bribed? - not that important
FBI and Putin are involved now? - not that important
Russia hosts a WC? - not that important
Future World Cups will include 48 teams instead of 36? - not important at all
Qatar is to hot for a WC? - When has THAT even become the main contra-argument?

All of these aspects are minor to the fact that there is a worker-genocide happen in Qatar, caused by the decision to let them host a WC.
1.200 workers dead, an estimated body count of 4.000 until 2022.
STOP. THAT. NOW
Everything else can wait, money doesnt run away. Corruption, Money, West vs East, this can all be discussed later, but please focus on whats happening in Qatar. Give this problem as much attention as possible rather than ranting about corruption and the fbi or russia. I dont care wether anyone claims that football isnt participating in political debates, but their decision has caused this and they are responsible for it. With every day going past there are more workers dying, so stop it as soon as possible.

Bravo! Fantastic post. We can only hope that some of those in authority feel the same way.

Morten

Blatter under investigation, probably why he resigned. Fifa presidents has to travel to places, if he is found guilty i think he wants to stay in his country, so he cant be sent to United States.

Catalan Fan

Blatter under investigation, probably why he resigned. Fifa presidents has to travel to places, if he is found guilty i think he wants to stay in his country, so he cant be sent to United States.

Fair point, I think he was due in Canada next, but I've also read that the Swiss can extradite people to US on criminal charges ? If I were him I'd leg it to a country with no extradition with USA.

North Korea ?

Morten

Fair point, I think he was due in Canada next, but I've also read that the Swiss can extradite people to US on criminal charges ? If I were him I'd leg it to a country with no extradition with USA.

North Korea ?
The swiss never extradite their own people i hear, so probably not. Anyway, i imagine Russia could be a good destination for him, Putin would let him walk free probably just to shit on Eu/US.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Haha North Korea :D There are cooler countries with no extradition I think, he can probably be Brunei's king's guest :)

King Leo

Banned

North Korea ?

You mean more like Snowden. Russia sounds better

Morten

Surely Perez must be tired of being dictator of just a single football club when he could be dictator of world football? Not that i hope he would, but dont see why he never has tried.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
11391214_10204104947331946_270216085221124137_n.jpg

Hopefully Qatar is next.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans