Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Hidz

So apparently term limits will happen now?

Yes, and i think it's a good thing. If it is an idiot like Blatter he could only stay for a few terms.
Hopefully there will be a good new president for everybody in Football. But sadly i'm totally not sure about that.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Rumors running around Coca Cola and Visa threatened to pull sponsorships from FIFA in light of recent released evidence. If true that could have been the final drop that broke the dam.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I don't wanna make this a political debate I really don't care that much, just kind of sick of the US "bringing peace to the world".

While I do agree with your sentiment that we (we being the US Government + Military Officials control panel) definitely take our role of "peace bringers" too far which in many ways perpetuates paranoia on both ends to keep the vicious circle going, the main underlying reason is that, overall, there is a lack of a legitimate international authority in diplomatic and conflict matters at the moment, so the US takes over by default in order to keep the system together.

Thus, since this is an international conspiracy that extended beyond INTERPOL jurisdiction and most importantly, since US currency was used, it has full legal and moral impetus to file suits and investigations.

Sorry if you don't agree with it and I don't like all of it, but it's better than what we've had in the past.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even though that is true (in the case of Qatar) it is not what's eating counties such as Norway at present. Or the reason behind the hypocritical outrage against Blatter.

Norway will do just fine. Even then there's still a big estimated resource in Lofoten, Vesterålen and Sonja, more north-west in the country. Not started extracting petroleum there though because of possible environmental issues. Been a big political debate for a long time now.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
While I do agree with your sentiment that we (we being the US Government + Military Officials control panel) definitely take our role of "peace bringers" too far which in many ways perpetuates paranoia on both ends to keep the vicious circle going, the main underlying reason is that, overall, there is a lack of a legitimate international authority in diplomatic and conflict matters at the moment, so the US takes over by default in order to keep the system together.

Thus, since this is an international conspiracy that extended beyond INTERPOL jurisdiction and most importantly, since US currency was used, it has full legal and moral impetus to file suits and investigations.

Sorry if you don't agree with it and I don't like all of it, but it's better than what we've had in the past.

I'm sorry too mate, but I'll agree when the US will start to also "bring peace" to countries and/or matters that don't involve billions$$$, Gas and Oil, there are plenty (dictatorships and massacres in poor african countries to give an example), yet they never go there for some reason, but fifa, irak and libya need democracy right away with massive fbi/interpol mobilisations ... yeah, not falling for it.

I'd rather not get into it since I really don't have anything against american people and don't wanna offend anyone, I just hate the US's blatant occupation politics, and to make it worst, we're asked to believe they're actually the good guys.

PS : Russia & Qatar are just as bad or worst, one does not absolve the other ofc.

StarLord

Norway will do just fine. Even then there's still a big estimated resource in Lofoten, Vesterålen and Sonja, more north-west in the country. Not started extracting petroleum there though because of possible environmental issues. Been a big political debate for a long time now.

So they tell you.

Norway's oil production has halved since 2000, while gas production will inevitably start declining at a tremendous rate by 2020 at the latest. The new fields will barely keep Norwegian output from declining even faster while costs per unit of output will soar. Propaganda can't affect geology I am afraid. That is why the "free world" is foaming at the mouth against countries such as Venezuela/Iraq/Iran and of course Russia. They won't let "democracy" loot their countries that easy. World politics, largely revolve around this issue, yet you fall for silly propaganda ploys such as the campaign against Blatter.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm sorry too mate, but I'll agree when the US will start to also "bring peace" to countries and/or matters that don't involve billions$$$, Gas and Oil, there are plenty (dictatorships and massacres in poor african countries to give an example), yet they never go there for some reason, but fifa, irak and libya need democracy right away with massive fbi/interpol mobilisations ... yeah, not falling for it.

I'd rather not get into it since I really don't have anything against american people and don't wanna offend anyone, I just hate the US's blatant occupation politics, and to make it worst, we're asked to believe they're actually the good guys.

PS : Russia & Qatar are just as bad or worst, one does not absolve the other ofc.

We used to be. Then a dude named Reagan and his trickle down economic ponzi scheme came in the 80s and fucked it all up for the rest of the world so none taken, man. I could rant for days about how shitty America is at being the "good guys" and how easy it should be for us to do things right but man money fucks everything.

Puta Madrid exactly for this reason.

Vlom

We used to be. Then a dude named Reagan and his trickle down economic ponzi scheme came in the 80s and fucked it all up for the rest of the world so none taken, man. I could rant for days about how shitty America is at being the "good guys" and how easy it should be for us to do things right but man money fucks everything.

Puta madrid indeed :cheers:

Hehe

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Tomorrow will be fun again. Apparently the US DoJ will tomorrow unseal the documents containing all the declarations and statements by Chuck Blazer regarding everything involving FIFA.

I await with heavy anticipation! :tito:

King Leo

Banned

U.S Foreign policy is simply controlled by the lobbying groups in D.C. Be it the Defense Industry, Big Oil or by interests groups such as APAC (Pro-Israel). Even backward oriented Saudi Arabia has their own lobbyists to make sure the interests of the Saud Family are protected.

U.S is a democracy but when you have billions $$$$, democracy can be impaired.

Morten

So they tell you.

Norway's oil production has halved since 2000, while gas production will inevitably start declining at a tremendous rate by 2020 at the latest. The new fields will barely keep Norwegian output from declining even faster while costs per unit of output will soar. Propaganda can't affect geology I am afraid. That is why the "free world" is foaming at the mouth against countries such as Venezuela/Iraq/Iran and of course Russia. They won't let "democracy" loot their countries that easy. World politics, largely revolve around this issue, yet you fall for silly propaganda ploys such as the campaign against Blatter.

Eventually the whole world has to adapt to a world without oil, i guess we will find something that works eventually. Only looking at power demands, alot of it can already be covered by other means, if there is some serious investment in it. Not as profitable or effective as oil though. But i know i would rather be in Norway when the oil has run out, than in a dry sandy landscape.

Last edited:

Vlom

Tomorrow will be fun again. Apparently the US DoJ will tomorrow unseal the documents containing all the declarations and statements by Chuck Blazer regarding everything involving FIFA.

I await with heavy anticipation! :tito:

Is there any chance the 2014 final WC was also corrupted and will be replayed ? :D

Yannik

Despite this being a great day, and all the fuss going on in recent weeks, the main problem is getting overshadowed by less important aspects so far.

Who is FIFA president? - not that important
FIFA is corrupt? - not that important
The election was bribed? - not that important
FBI and Putin are involved now? - not that important
Russia hosts a WC? - not that important
Future World Cups will include 48 teams instead of 36? - not important at all
Qatar is to hot for a WC? - When has THAT even become the main contra-argument?

All of these aspects are minor to the fact that there is a worker-genocide happen in Qatar, caused by the decision to let them host a WC.
1.200 workers dead, an estimated body count of 4.000 until 2022.
STOP. THAT. NOW
Everything else can wait, money doesnt run away. Corruption, Money, West vs East, this can all be discussed later, but please focus on whats happening in Qatar. Give this problem as much attention as possible rather than ranting about corruption and the fbi or russia. I dont care wether anyone claims that football isnt participating in political debates, but their decision has caused this and they are responsible for it. With every day going past there are more workers dying, so stop it as soon as possible.

Home of Barca Fans