Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Morten

We used to be. Then a dude named Reagan and his trickle down economic ponzi scheme came in the 80s and fucked it all up for the rest of the world so none taken, man. I could rant for days about how shitty America is at being the "good guys" and how easy it should be for us to do things right but man money fucks everything.

Puta Madrid exactly for this reason.

Vietman war was before that time, and was a disaster on multiple levels. People still suffer from the chemical warfare that US introduced there. So no, not always the good guys before the 80s either, though they do good things also.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Is there any chance the 2014 final WC was also corrupted and will be replayed ? :D

Why replay it when I'm sure we can somehow find a way to prove Germany bought the final, and strip it from them and give it to Messi. Only doing what's right :coffee:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Damn it [MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] you got your 1 wish ! Hope you can get 2 !

Why replay it when I'm sure we can somehow find a way to prove Germany bought the final, and strip it from them and give it to Messi. Only doing what's right :coffee:

No merit if it's not played, I'm just sad that it seems every WC has come at a wrong time for Messi :(

Last edited:

Morten

Despite this being a great day, and all the fuss going on in recent weeks, the main problem is getting overshadowed by less important aspects so far.

Who is FIFA president? - not that important
FIFA is corrupt? - not that important
The election was bribed? - not that important
FBI and Putin are involved now? - not that important
Russia hosts a WC? - not that important
Future World Cups will include 48 teams instead of 36? - not important at all
Qatar is to hot for a WC? - When has THAT even become the main contra-argument?

All of these aspects are minor to the fact that there is a worker-genocide happen in Qatar, caused by the decision to let them host a WC.
1.200 workers dead, an estimated body count of 4.000 until 2022.
STOP. THAT. NOW
Everything else can wait, money doesnt run away. Corruption, Money, West vs East, this can all be discussed later, but please focus on whats happening in Qatar. Give this problem as much attention as possible rather than ranting about corruption and the fbi or russia. I dont care wether anyone claims that football isnt participating in political debates, but their decision has caused this and they are responsible for it. With every day going past there are more workers dying, so stop it as soon as possible.

Agreed. I dont particulary care if Russia is taken down in the process, as long as they do something about Qatar its good. If US and Europe is only interested in going after Russia, it would be a tragedy.

Yannik

Agreed. I dont particulary care if Russia is taken down in the process, as long as they do something about Qatar its good. If US and Europe is only interested in going after Russia, it would be a tragedy.

Thats exactly how I feel.
This criticism about russia, yeah it may be right, or maybe it isnt right. According to the west Russia shouldnt get a WC because of their views on war, gay rights, putin etc, this is all debatable. Its however not like the West would be perfect (The USA should therefor not host a WC for attacking countries for oil, my country germany shouldnt get one because they are providing everyone with weapons, from normal countries to terrorists or warlords in africa with child armies). This is all debatable, football in particular has nothing to do with this.

But these things happen, regardless of wether the WC happens there or not. The WC is not causing this. And this is where it gets critical, because in Qatar the WC is actually CAUSING the deaths. The decision to make Qatar host the WC, has let to the demand of stadiums and therfor caused workers to die under slavery conditions there. These guys are practically dying FOR the WC, that is a big difference to russia and therefor in my opinion much more important.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Vietman war was before that time, and was a disaster on multiple levels. People still suffer from the chemical warfare that US introduced there. So no, not always the good guys before the 80s either, though they do good things also.

I'm mainly talking about things in the modern era. Racial genocide and slavery, subjugation and genocide of indigenous American tribes, all of those things pale in comparison of even the atrocities committed during the Vietnam and the Cold War. America's very foundation and existence is based on the wealth obtained from stolen land and from the backs we subjugated from to profit off of. The same money that is lobbying Washington's politicians in Congress to this day.

There is no innocence or purity in politics, at least the way it is now, but there have been great exceptions to the rule that have helped make things a whole lot less shitty than they could be. Bottom line, America isn't always the good guys, quite often we are the bad guys, but we have the most potential in the world to do good and sometimes we make it happen. Case and point with this.

Qatar must end, now. Its atrocious what is going on there right now, and I've always had fears for the worst of having a highly televised event like the World Cup that close to regions of extreme conflict.

By the way, this isn't me being anti-Muslim or anything at all, that was the only benefit I saw to it was that it would allow the Muslim community a great chance to exchange cultures and heal wounds as a result of terrorism and past conflicts. If anything, if this was some sort of the sentiment behind support of the WC in Qatar, the best place to do it in would be Turkey since they already have stadiums that can handle big venues like this.

I'd rather have a fifa president in Europe's pocket and not Asia/Africa/Oceania. Assuming Platini wouldn't go the Blatter route...

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The WC just shouldn't be held in Qatar for the sake of football. It's like Qatar has so much money, they bought football... the greatest, the most viewed, the most popular sport in the world was bought. If it goes on like that, we'll soon see an "Anti FFP" coming in, where clubs need to spend 10x more money than they earn or face charges.

The World Cup in Russia - ofcourse it grinds the ears of USA, but the hell with them.
Russia handled the winter Olympics quite well... except for the "double toilets" :lol:
To me, having a World Cup hosted in my neighbouring country is thrilling - even though I'm not really in the mood of crossing that border due to a "historical beef" :lol:

Catalan Fan

IMO the elections happening was a strategy of them. A final departing manipulation and underhand trick of these fuckers.

Think on it, if Blatter resigns before election, Ali wins and he's the president now regardless of scandals. If however Blatter went on with elections, won and resigned afterwards, Ali doesn't win and new elections allow for a different candidate, one perhaps of Blatter's choosing, to be put in pole position to be the next FIFA president.

This is more manipulation.

Hopefully he's indicted too and gets his dirty grubby corrupt hands off FIFA once and for all.

It's a concern that he may nominate his preferred candidate for the new elections.Then get the same dodgy votes from Africa, Asia etc.Hopefully this won't happen or we're back to square one.

ceefoo

Despite this being a great day, and all the fuss going on in recent weeks, the main problem is getting overshadowed by less important aspects so far.

Who is FIFA president? - not that important
FIFA is corrupt? - not that important
The election was bribed? - not that important
FBI and Putin are involved now? - not that important
Russia hosts a WC? - not that important
Future World Cups will include 48 teams instead of 36? - not important at all
Qatar is to hot for a WC? - When has THAT even become the main contra-argument?

All of these aspects are minor to the fact that there is a worker-genocide happen in Qatar, caused by the decision to let them host a WC.
1.200 workers dead, an estimated body count of 4.000 until 2022.
STOP. THAT. NOW
Everything else can wait, money doesnt run away. Corruption, Money, West vs East, this can all be discussed later, but please focus on whats happening in Qatar. Give this problem as much attention as possible rather than ranting about corruption and the fbi or russia. I dont care wether anyone claims that football isnt participating in political debates, but their decision has caused this and they are responsible for it. With every day going past there are more workers dying, so stop it as soon as possible.
:goodpost:

The sad fact is; and as members have already noted : Dollars ($) are more important than lives. :cry:

King Leo

Banned
Just hours after Sepp Blatter was announced he was standing down as Fifa president, a report in the US media claimed he was the subject of a corruption inquiry by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Well when the shit hits the fan.....

Home of Barca Fans