Fernando Torres

Trequartista

The good
He didn't really do that well, he had one shot on goal at the beginning which gave me hope, but the rest of the match left much to be desired.

I'm hoping he does what he did in Euro 2008 and score the winning goal in the final. although at least in the Euros, although Villa in general performed better than him, at least he wasn't atrocious and a liability like he is now.

I still have faith he'll deliver though, somewhere back there... can't give up 100%...
FOr me he had a far better game than his games in the first round,he is still missing his last touch but his overall positioning
was great for me,he does a job like Heskey for England like Side Lowe said,he is a far complete player than Heskey and probably one of my favourite strikers but he holds the ball and try to grab the defenders out of position and maybe Llorente is better at this point but still,he did a good job IMHO

Barcafan 2304

Just got a feeling, looking at the club situation, that with Roy Hodgson the new manager at liverpool (a man who is well respected throughout the footballing world), Torres and Gerrard will probably stay at Liverpool now. Just a hunch

Trequartista

The good
Just got a feeling, looking at the club situation, that with Roy Hodgson the new manager at liverpool (a man who is well respected throughout the footballing world), Torres and Gerrard will probably stay at Liverpool now. Just a hunch

Torres yes
Gerard:I have a feeling that he will go to Madrid
Liverpool:They should really strengthen their team,Mascherano looks set for Barca,Gerard maybe to Madrid and they dont have replacements for their two of their best 3 players,in fact they need at least 3-4 quality signings plus keeping their best 3 players to challenge for the no 3 or 4 in EPL.City and Spurs will spend a lot this summer.

XaviMessiGirl

I think both Torres and Gerrard will stay. I think Gerrard was growing unhappy but seems to be warm to the fact that Hodgson is the new manager, so I think he'll stay. And all the Torres talk was strictly the media tbh, he never said shit about being unhappy or wanting to leave but people assumed that because Liverpool dropped in form that it automatically meant he'd want out.

They're going to sell Mascherano and Benayoun, they should be able to get at least one quality signing from that, and hopefully Hodgson has a better eye for cheap and young talent as well. I wish they'd get rid of Lucas as he is atrocious, but I don't think any club would want him :lol:

Trequartista

The good
I think both Torres and Gerrard will stay. I think Gerrard was growing unhappy but seems to be warm to the fact that Hodgson is the new manager, so I think he'll stay. And all the Torres talk was strictly the media tbh, he never said shit about being unhappy or wanting to leave but people assumed that because Liverpool dropped in form that it automatically meant he'd want out.

They're going to sell Mascherano and Benayoun, they should be able to get at least one quality signing from that, and hopefully Hodgson has a better eye for cheap and young talent as well. I wish they'd get rid of Lucas as he is atrocious, but I don't think any club would want him :lol:
why?I rate Lucas,probably not ready to be a starter yet but he is good from the few matches I have seen for him.

XaviMessiGirl

Try dealing with him for three full seasons and you'll see that in general Lucas has failed to perform and there is no reason they should still be hanging on to him. I think that's more than enough time to realize that he's not going to break through and be good for the team.

At least people like Aquilani deserve another shot.

Trequartista

The good
Try dealing with him for three full seasons and you'll see that in general Lucas has failed to perform and there is no reason they should still be hanging on to him. I think that's more than enough time to realize that he's not going to break through and be good for the team.

At least people like Aquilani deserve another shot.
Aquilani and Lucas deserve another chance,maybe they will be better in Roy's 4-4-2 formation,Liverpool really needs at least anothjer striker and another quality winger if Hodgson settles for his 4--4-2(which I think wont fit Liverpool)

XaviMessiGirl

Well there is N'Gog who I'm unsure about still, he hasn't been great but he's delivered on occasion. They also have Dani Pacheco who plays for the reserves and has made a couple appearances for first team, if he graduates completely into the first team he has potential to do well, Liverpool actually got him from Barca's youth academy.

But I agree they need at least one other striker, especially someone who can fill the shoes of Torres if he's injured again which N'Gog couldn't really do well.

XaviMessiGirl

Sub-par again. :(

Really, I love the man but if Del Bosque starts him v. Germany, it's a death wish. I don't know what else to say.

Yes it's nice to have faith in him and I do, but it's waaaaaaay too risky at this point.

XaviMessiGirl

Del Bosque loves him more than I do, that's why. I don't get it. Yes he's worldly known and is normally a fantastic player but if that world class skill that got him known isn't there, then it doesn't matter.

I hope his EPL injuries don't make him damaged goods forever. I want my favorite player back. :(

barca96

please just play with villa up front or with pedro and 5mids( all barca dna's of course).
xavi.iniesta.busi.cesc.pedro

Olsend

Torres had some good moves beating couple defenders, but he rly lacked what attacking forward should do - shots.

Home of Barca Fans