Fernando Torres

XaviMessiGirl

Did you just compare Torres to Ibra? :smiley_scared:

But yeah still I disagree with that decision, Llorente deserves the start, Torres as a second half sub after Spain has a comfortable lead.

ViolentLogic

People take things on forums WAYYY TOO SERIOUSLY.

I mean I have memberships in massive amounts of different forums with a variety of subject matter and this is actually one of the less serious ones.

But still you have people with the whole CAPS LOCK INTERNETZ IS SERIUS BUSINESS!!!!1!!1ONE1!

Barcafan 2304

Didnt read it but there was talk on the world wide web of internet seriousness that Torres may be dropped for the quarters. If so, wonder if we might see Pedro in the side?

XaviMessiGirl

I don't believe that tbh, Del Bosque loves him too much.

There may be a chance that he might not start, but to not play at all? I don't think that will happen unless Torres comes out and explicitly said he's not fit, which is also something that would never happen. As long as the guy wants to play, Del Bosque is going to keep playing him imo.

But on the off-chance that happens, my guess is we would see Llorente and Villa start, with Pedro and Cesc (hopefully) coming in as subs sometime in the second half.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

I don't believe that tbh, Del Bosque loves him too much.

There may be a chance that he might not start, but to not play at all? I don't think that will happen unless Torres comes out and explicitly said he's not fit, which is also something that would never happen. As long as the guy wants to play, Del Bosque is going to keep playing him imo.

But on the off-chance that happens, my guess is we would see Llorente and Villa start, with Pedro and Cesc (hopefully) coming in as subs sometime in the second half.

Sorry, just clarify that it meant dropped to the bench, not dropped altogether!

XaviMessiGirl

He didn't really do that well, he had one shot on goal at the beginning which gave me hope, but the rest of the match left much to be desired.

I'm hoping he does what he did in Euro 2008 and score the winning goal in the final. although at least in the Euros, although Villa in general performed better than him, at least he wasn't atrocious and a liability like he is now.

I still have faith he'll deliver though, somewhere back there... can't give up 100%...

Home of Barca Fans