Fernando Torres

XaviMessiGirl

Yep, I thought for sure he had something going yesterday when he managed to get past a couple defenders like the old Torres but he went too far and his cross didn't work out at all. And he makes many chances for himself (and others make chances for him) but he ALWAYS overshoots except on that one occasion where he was actually on target.

But still it doesn't even seem like him anymore, I would just like to think that they put someone else in his body, someone who doesn't know how to be a world class footballer. :(:(

XaviMessiGirl

Stop it, I am very sad :(

I still have great faith that he'll return to form at Liverpool though, he has always done better for club than country anyway.

XaviMessiGirl

Gonna take this away from the WC for the time being.

Fernando Torres's agent has hinted his client may leave Liverpool for another Premier League club.

Jose Antonio Martín refused to commit his player to the Reds.

"It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League, but I cannot say that it will be with Liverpool," he said.

"We are working on his future but right now you cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club."

Chelsea have repeatedly been linked with a move for the forward, while Manchester City are the only other realistic rivals for his signature in England.

If this is true and not just more media garbage... FML, man. Chelsea and City are both clubs that I can't even pretend to enjoy watching. All I can say though is thank god Man Utd aren't making an offer, although they can't afford him anyway.

I don't want this to turn out like the Ibra saga "he is moving" "now he is not moving" "oh now he might move again" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Merv

I don't want this to turn out like the Ibra saga "he is moving" "now he is not moving" "oh now he might move again" :rolleyes:

It unfortunately happens with all World Class players. So much drama and speculation. You're lucky there's a WC going on or these media outlets would only have the transfers to focus on. Chin up girl, hopefully it will work out for Nando in the end.

A

Aker

If this is true and not just more media garbage... FML, man. Chelsea and City are both clubs that I can't even pretend to enjoy watching. All I can say though is thank god Man Utd aren't making an offer, although they can't afford him anyway.

That would just be hilarious. I can't tell you how many Liverpool fans are Liverpool fans because of Torres in Asia and in places like Birmingham etc. I can't describe how hilarious it would be to see their faces when they find out he's leaving. (Not saying you are on of them!)

I will be like this to all the Liverpool fans I know.

cartman_tears.gif

XaviMessiGirl

I don't know what's worse, all the media ranting about how shitty he's doing in the WC, or proclaiming he might move to Chelsea :lol:

And it's not even the fact that I don't like Chelsea or City, more than the fact that Liverpool truly need him if they ever want a shot at bouncing back from their slump.

And yeah I was a Liverpool fan before Torres came but tbh I don't care if someone likes a team just because of a player, if it gets them to buy merchandise or go to matches and whatnot, more power to them. They will be gone when the player goes and then the real fans will be left, but they can do whatever they want.

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
I don't know what's worse, all the media ranting about how shitty he's doing in the WC, or proclaiming he might move to Chelsea :lol:

And it's not even the fact that I don't like Chelsea or City, more than the fact that Liverpool truly need him if they ever want a shot at bouncing back from their slump.

And yeah I was a Liverpool fan before Torres came but tbh I don't care if someone likes a team just because of a player, if it gets them to buy merchandise or go to matches and whatnot, more power to them. They will be gone when the player goes and then the real fans will be left, but they can do whatever they want.
I dont think he will go to Chelsea,Chelsea wont pay 50m for Torres,I think Man City are the only club interested now but I really dont want him there.

XaviMessiGirl

I was actually pretty sure City said the price was too high and they were pulling out, but if this article is accurate then I guess they're still considering.

Trequartista

The good
I was actually pretty sure City said the price was too high and they were pulling out, but if this article is accurate then I guess they're still considering.

It was not an article,it was his agent who said that he could move to another EPL team,Chelsea no longer have the spending power they had 2 years ago,they are going for Benayoun's type of players not torres's,his agent ruled out Barca move si City are thee only club now chasing him but Plz god I dont want to see him there,City are ruining football.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah but the quote was put in an article, that's what I meant.

For some reason though City is slightly more tolerable than Chelsea, the only reason being that I would rather see him play alongside Tevez than Drogba. But still both are atrocious and I do NOT want him playing there. If he wants to move to another EPL team, the only big team I would be okay with is Arsenal, their fans (for the most part, not all of them) are morons but I have nothing against the team itself.

C

Cesc tastic

I cant see liverpool selling him to a rival club if they sell him it will be to spain IMO

XaviMessiGirl

Martin Broughton (interim chairman of Liverpool) has insisted again and again that Torres is not for sale no matter how badly the club needs money, but all this talk says otherwise. If no Spanish teams make a bid then they would have no choice, plus Torres seems to want to stay in the EPL for now.

IIRC, a couple years ago he said that he would like to finish his career in Spain, but I think he was referring more to returning to Atletico because of his history there.

Trequartista

The good
I beleive that he will stay at Liverpool,you know agents,they only love to talk a lot,A Drogba-Torres pair would be one of the worst pairings ever IMHO,a Tevez-Torres one would be great,Arsenal dont need him,Barca dont need him,Real Madrid may need him but he said he will never play there.

Home of Barca Fans