Fernando Torres

A

Aker

Keep clinging on to that hope, Ed. :) They said that about Tevez and Torres wouldn't even have to move house.

Better prepare that turkish sig!

XaviMessiGirl

Last month his agent (presumably the real one) said he was very likely to stay at Liverpool, and then this guy comes and says he might move. Torres himself hasn't said a word other than that he will talk with Hodgson after the WC, so I think this might just all be the media's doing with not much based on fact at all. Still these possibilities are not ruled out regardless, it's obvious other clubs want to bid for him and since there's no clear word that he's staying at Liverpool, anything can happen.

Last edited:
C

Cesc tastic

Isn't he a Liverpool fan or hasn't he said that he has always supported Liverpool

A

Aker

Jose Antonio Martin is his agent, Ed.

Jose Antonio Peton and Jose Antonio Martin are the same person. :lol:

P

Paolo Maldini

Many compare this situation to Tevez but it really is different. Torres case is different because at Manchester they did not want to pay Tevez wages and were happy to sell, but at Liverpool they are desperate to keep him. Unless Torres is an unloyal player but he does not show this attitude.

XaviMessiGirl

Torres himself is loyal as hell, he has even said he hopes his daughter grows up with a Scouse accent. if that's not loyalty then I don't know what is :lol:

C

Cesc tastic

The Tevez thing was different because Utd could not afford to buy him, they only had him on loan, they didn't sell him to Man Shitty, Man Shitty's Sugar daddy bought him from the agent who had his contract

A

Aker

The Tevez thing was different because Utd could not afford to buy him, they only had him on loan, they didn't sell him to Man Shitty, Man Shitty's Sugar daddy bought him from the agent who had his contract

thy r bettr thn Arseanal! hahah!!!1

P

Paolo Maldini

Ok, I forgot about his complicated situation.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Torres himself is loyal as hell, he has even said he hopes his daughter grows up with a Scouse accent. if that's not loyalty then I don't know what is :lol:

It's easy to say things like that though. If I remember correctly he said that after a successful 08/09 season, the situation is different now. Torres is clearly a player with ambitions seeing as he was willing to leave his boyhood club Atletico Madrid in search for trophies (Champions League specifically), and now that Liverpool is out of the CL and is looking hopeless, I think he'll leave. Right now the problem for him is where he will go rather than if he will go because the only clubs that can buy him are Chelsea, Man City and Barcelona, and Barcelona won't buy him unless Ibra is offloaded and Torres probably is reluctant to move to another English club.

XaviMessiGirl

That interview was given in December 2009, so about halfway through this past season. I understand the audience of that interview was mostly Liverpool fans but still he didn't need to say things he didn't mean, he could have just said he is enjoying his time there like the fans want to hear and leave it at that, but he went over the top which to me says he really loves the club.

Anyway, I'm still saying "if" simply because of the fact that Torres hasn't made it clear himself. So if he goes, I'm almost positive that Barca have been ruled out even if Ibra goes (money would likely be used for Cesc and at this point I don't think Ibra is going anywhere anyway) so we can forget about that one, as with a move to Spain in general. Chelsea and City are the only possibilities. I truly truly hope that he doesn't go where the money is (City) or where the trophies are (Chelsea) and instead stays and helps rebuild the club he has done so well for, but we'll have to see.

XaviMessiGirl

Fernando Torres' agent has denied making the comments published in the English press on Monday regarding the striker's future at Liverpool.

The saga continues...

Barcafan 2304

Think he will stay at Lverpool, honestly. With the arrival of a much respected Hodgson, im sure he and Gerrard will view that as a positive and will stay

Home of Barca Fans