FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Wouterinho

this could end badly, he is too young
His mental state will be the biggest issue, his mum will accompany him from the beginning, but it would be good if we offered his father a job.
From a footballing point of view, this could be a fantastic move. Just imagine our current players (Barca A, B and youth) who joined the club at age 12-16, I think they would've been even better if they joined earlier.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
"They have not yet sent any info, or said if they will help with the costs"

Impressing at a trial=/=joining the club, especially at that age. The club doesn't sign kids that young, but they offer some local kids the chance to play for the youth setup. If the family moves to Spain he might be included, just as they would any young talented kid they like, but it's not likely that they're going to invest any money in the deal.

Last edited:

Yugi

this child would have to be too special
I think club has policy for kids from abroad not joing until they reach 13yo
of course there are exceptions like takefusa kubo but damn, that kid is something else

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
"We are angry at Barcelona because we cannot understand how a club this big need to take players who are 10 and 11 years old from your youth ranks," Llorente told COM Radio.

"But that will not have any influence. Jordi Alba's subject is one related to professional football, and the other one is related to our youth teams.

"The state of negotiations? Barca are the one who are interested, we simply joined them at the negotiation table. So you should ask them."

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Llorente is a fucking joke . We offered for Alba 10M + variables . He wanted 15M + variables.

Look at the drama he created : Barca contacted him and showed interest for alba around November . And at the end of February it was confirmed that FCB will put an offer for Alba . A meeting was arranged by FCB with Llorente . Llorente cancelled it because he saw some reporters in the restaurant . Consecutively he did this twice again for some unknown reasons . All total he cancelled three meetings and delayed the whole procedure . But in the meantime Alba told Valencia that he wants to move to Barca this season then Llorente came to the table and afterwards Zubi in an interview to Barca tv said that , all of this was done just because of that 15M price tag Llorente was asking for. But we got him now, that's what matters. :)

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

Do we have a star young goal keeper ?? i remember 4-5 years back chelsea tried to snatch one of our highly rated young keeper (11 then), but we somehow managed to keep him. i forgot WHo he was. ??

3SamSoccer

I agree, conceit as well can be a great disguise for brutal honesty. I think he is a step in the right direction for us over here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Getting even more Barca DNA for 2012/2013!

30cr9fa.jpg

It's just amazing that the team that's quite probably playing the best football in history has so much home-grown players.
A big thanx to all the youth coaches, scouts, managers and previous presidents who put their effort into building this final product.

:barca scarf:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
6 Barca players called up to the u21 squad: Planas, Roberto, Tello, Montoya, Bartra and Deulofeu (first time for him)

Thiago probably wasn't called up due to just coming back from injury.

Home of Barca Fans