FC Barcelona to meet Manchester City, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Celtic

Interlop

FIFA is corrupt. The corruption has been to line their own pockets and taking bribes and it has been proven to be corrupt.

Fixing these UEFA draws would be far too risky in asking potentially hundreds of people often ex footballers to go along with it.

Not one of those ever asked to fix those draws have come forward? No one has ever refused and brought the issue up?

If we are going by difficulty of draws then I think Man City have the most legitimate claim to cry 'fix'. What does UEFA gain from giving City a tough draw?

The biggest shout about UEFA corruption in recent years has been this 'UEFALONA' garbage.....football is corrupt so they are probably fair claims by the logic people use.
- If fixing the selection of the hosting nation is not risky why fixing the CL draw would be?
- They don't have to involve 100s of people, LOL, there could be only 4 or 5 people involved. And by the way, I don't think every draw is rigged, only when it matters to add drama, so they could have more TV revenue or give some team a easier way to the final.
- Blatter came forward, of course his word means shit but he has nothing to lose now.
- You cannot possibly compare "UEFALONA" with that when we were the ones who got the transfer ban. (and watch Real Madrid get theirs canceled)

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Pure corruption at it's finest. We'll get through it though as City away is the hardest game we have and we should beat them.

JamDav1982

- If fixing the selection of the hosting nation is not risky why fixing the CL draw would be?
- They don't have to involve 100s of people, LOL, there could be only 4 or 5 people involved. And by the way, I don't think every draw is rigged, only when it matters to add drama, so they could have more TV revenue or give some team a easier way to the final.
- Blatter came forward, of course his word means shit but he has nothing to lose now.
- You cannot possibly compare "UEFALONA" with that when we were the ones who got the transfer ban. (and watch Real Madrid get theirs canceled)

Because fixing the votes was in that circle of people at top of FIFA with very little people from outside involved.

Fixing the vote of the CL draw would involve asking new people all the time to be involved ie ex players. All of who just agree to it or have never refused and brought the matter to light.

What would be the advantage to UEFA of giving Man City tough draws?

Blatter is a liar. Did Blatter give any information of who and when draws were fixed? No he didnt he was trying to drag others down with him that were not supporting them.

UEFA didnt give Barcelona the transfer ban and this 'UEFALONA' crap still gets spouted all the time and has as much evidence as other claims. If you are going to say corruption is rife across all football you cant just pick and choose the times that applies as evidence.

Give me one example of a rigged draw for commercial benefit or rigged to give easier route to final?

Th draws are 'rigged' in that way anyway through seedings

Last edited:

serghei

It's fixed either way. if RM get a tough opponent soon it means UEFA got scared of the heat and gave them a strong opponent to save faces that the draw is fair. If they give Madrid a piss-poor opponent again, it means they continue with the rigging because they aren't scred they will be exposed. So it's fixed either way. :coffee:

Seriously, even if it's rigged, why do it in the groups? When it's the last time a big team didn't qualify from the GS? United against Basel years ago IIRC.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

It's fixed either way. if RM get a tough opponent soon it means UEFA got scared of the heat and gave them a strong opponent to save faces that the draw is fair. If they give Madrid a piss-poor opponent again, it means they continue with the rigging because they aren't scred they will be exposed. So it's fixed either way. :coffee:

Seriously, even if it's rigged, why do it in the groups? When it's the last time a big team didn't qualify from the GS? United against Basel years ago IIRC.

The argument for rigged groups would be: to make it easier for the clubs in their league-campaign.

But I agree - I really doubt this is rigged. Inside Spain it is another question, imo - it is more evident that RM is systematically favoured at all levels (not massively, but enough for it to not be coincidental). The thing is that the frustration builds up when Real Madrid gets a lucky draw, plays like shit, somehow make it through anyway, gets lucky with some referee-calls, scores last-minute goals etc. etc.. Even Eders goal for Portugal and Cristiano winning 'European Player'-award makes more people lean towards that the draw is rigged, imo, because 'no-one can be that lucky'. But everything doesn't add up - things are separate as I see it. So because RM is favoured by LFP, doesn't mean they are more probable to be favoured by UEFA.

F

Flavia

I dont think I am the naive one who believes those two videos last night show corruption in the draw.

Dont need the strawman argument that I am saying there is not corruption in football. There is corruption in almost every walk of life but that doesnt mean everything is corrupt and these draws are not.

You believe it just as much as the people who shout 'Uefalona' and they also use terms like 'naive to believe no corruption'.

Etoo/Ibrahimovic meeting proves nothing. It happened in the semi final. Why did it not happen before then?

Barça got Inter in the group stage then as well. It's not corruption only for results, but for maximizing the audience interest. You think Barça getting City was just a coincidence? haha. Ok then. And I have to say it's funny you fo all people complaining about a strawman argument. The irony...

For audience, drama. Pep vs Lucho, etc. It's not only about results. That happens in the knockout stages. Something interesrting happened this week few took noticed.

[tw]768768119066222592[/tw]

At 1st, the time was with Barcelona in that schedule. madrid complained about it to uefa, and they changed it. The little things.

There's also players like Pique making comments about the draw: "another day at the office". It's pretty obvious that it really happens.

JamDav1982

Yeah it is coincidence that Barca got Man City. If you were correct these type of things would be happening more than normal when they dont.

Yeah you are coming out with strawman arguments to try and justify it.

When you use the videos of Ian Rush or Roberto Carlos to show this cheating it shows how desperate you are for there to be something there.

City bought Yaya Toure years ago... why not fix it then or at any time until now?

Why not fix Real to be in same group with Spurs due to Bale/Modric returning to White Hart lane?

Why not Bayern and City with story of Pep going back to play them which would be bigger than any player transfer story.

This idea they set up group games due to exposure from big transfers doesnt add up at all.

Sorry. Try harder.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yeah it is coincidence that Barca got Man City. If you were correct these type of things would be happening more than normal when they dont.

Yeah you are coming out with strawman arguments to try and justify it.

When you use the videos of Ian Rush or Roberto Carlos to show this cheating it shows how desperate you are for there to be something there.

City bought Yaya Toure years ago... why not fix it then or at any time until now?

Why not fix Real to be in same group with Spurs due to Bale/Modric returning to White Hart lane?

Why not Bayern and City with story of Pep going back to play them which would be bigger than any player transfer story.

This idea they set up group games due to exposure from big transfers doesnt add up at all.

Sorry. Try harder.

lel. Uncanny you have the nerve to accuse anyone of using strawman arguments, when you're the master of it. And no, there's no need to make it happen more than "normal". I'm not desperate to show anything, those are only minor examples of them messing things up. Football is rotten to the core, sadly. Politics do play a big part in everything, and denying that is just being naive. Pique make comments about that often, and did it again yesterday. Is he not aware of what happens and making stuff up too? Right...

And yaya toure has the same significance than Pep to Barça? You try harder. There's nothing controverse or appealling in any of your examples.

JamDav1982

Why no confident predictions of Barca and City in same group yesterday?

The way you speak now as if it was a foregone conclusion.

What is your opinions on Henrys involvement?

F

Flavia

Why no confident predictions of Barca and City in same group yesterday?

The way you speak now as if it was a foregone conclusion.

What is your opinions on Henrys involvement?

Was there a predictions thread somewhere? I wouldn't put it past anyone, I don't know Henry personally. Until Uefa decides to use a method that can't be rigged, I really don't trust those drawings. There are other ways to do it, to make it really hard to tamper with. But it's not on their interest. Blatter is a liar, but even those sometimes speak the truth.

JamDav1982

Was there a predictions thread somewhere? I wouldn't put it past anyone, I don't know Henry personally. Until Uefa decides to use a method that can't be rigged, I really don't trust those drawings. There are other ways to do it, to make it really hard to tamper with. But it's not on their interest. Blatter is a liar, but even those sometimes speak the truth.

Yeah there was a CL thread yesterday where people were predicting draws etc.

I dont trust UEFA or any big organisation 100% and wouldnt argue about anyone saying they take backhanders for final venues etc but this rigging draws scenario doesn add up and leaves the likes of Henry and many other players as being part of it. None of whom have ever exposed it.

I will choose not to believe Blatter if it is being assumed he is talking about these CL draws. He is a known liar with a motive to lie who has never made these claims to anyone bar the press.

Even then he is an old fucker and could be referring to draws made before they were this public or even draws at lower level tournaments with less scrutiny. I wouldnt bet against that happening in past at all.

Barcilliant

Anyone see Ian Rush doing something dodgy with regards to Real Madrid's draw.

LOOKS VERY SUSPICIOUS INDEED. Check it out at Sport or on YouTube.

The draw is rigged.

Home of Barca Fans