Fabio Coentrao

rmpcsl

guys coentrao is 100 times better then adriano camon adriano is the perfect sub for alves/coentrao
Alves (/Adriano) -- Pique / Abidal / Puyol -- Coentrao (/Adriano)
Perfect for next years (maybe 1 CB in 2 years for Puyol spot)

D

DanishCulé

I don't think that Fabio will sit on the bench in Barcelona, when he can get much more playing time in many other top teams.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Very random signing, although he has the same agent as Mourinho and several RM players, so there is a certain link. But what now? Bench Marcelo? Sounds ridic ... or put Coentrao on the left wing replacing Di Maria? Or allowing some rest to CR?

Pretty expensive squad option tbh ... Unless Marcelo transfers to Man City or so ...

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
TBF he is a top class player and will probably replace Marcelo in the team and not be his back up.
Definitely top class and certainly a good chance to replace Marcelo. But is there a big need to replace Marcelo and is it worth spending 25-30M transfer money + 4-5M a year salary for a slight upgrade? I also dont think that he is a much different player so there shouldnt be a tactical reason.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Definitely top class and certainly a good chance to replace Marcelo. But is there a big need to replace Marcelo and is it worth spending 25-30M transfer money + 4-5M a year salary for a slight upgrade? I also dont think that he is a much different player so there shouldnt be a tactical reason.

Well I agree I wouldn't have spent £20m odd on him when you have a competent and potentially an awesome left back in Marcelo already imbedded into the team. Thus I can only think Mourinho does not think Marcelo is good enough defensively and wants Marcelo to cover the whole of the left flank:- the left back spot and the left wing/midfield spot.

alex 10

MANCHESTER UNITED look set to miss out to Real Madrid in the race to sign £26million-rated Benfica star Fabio Coentrao.

The left-sided Portugal international has been linked with the Red Devils, Real and Barcelona but admits his preferred destination would be the Bernabeu.

Coentrao, 23, said: "I know that Manchester United and Barcelona are interested in me.

"This is special for me and makes me think that I am doing well as a player.

"They are two big teams with the best players but if Real Madrid show an interest they will be my first option.

"There is a mutual interest between me and Real Madrid. However, it is up to the clubs to reach an agreement over a transfer fee.

"I can only hope that my dream of playing for Real Madrid will become reality."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well he obviously favors a move to Madrid because of Mourinho and entire Portuguese contingent there.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
An excellent LB really, could become the best in the world at his position - shame he's a douche, cuz you'd have to be to go to RM...But, I have really liked this kid...He's the left sided Dani who might just be a better defender than Alves...Gonna have a distinctly Portuguese & German flavor to this RM

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well he looks like a total metro douchebag (do any Portuguese players just look like normal people? Paulo Ferreira seems to be the only one!) but he's a crackin' player so it's a shame to see him at RM.

their relentless squad stacking, however, is mind-blowingly disgusting. I mean, they don't need Sahin OR Coentrao (and other top teams do) yet they're signing them just because they can.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well Coentrao will replace Marcelo in the team and Marcelo will back up him and Di Maria on the left flank. So Madrid have that left flank covered now for years.

Home of Barca Fans