Fabio Coentrao

rmpcsl

that Bayern rumour is just speculation to raise the price I think he is exactly what we need(best LB this season in Europe) but will cost around 25 million plus a B team player like Nolito or something.
IMO Abi is set to play CB next season rotating with Pique/Puyol.
Alves Coentrão and Adriano rotates RB/LB.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
that Bayern rumour is just speculation to raise the price I think he is exactly what we need(best LB this season in Europe) but will cost around 25 million plus a B team player like Nolito or something.
IMO Abi is set to play CB next season rotating with Pique/Puyol.
Alves Coentrão and Adriano rotates RB/LB.
i would love that

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Coentrao, Botia in would sort out our defence well. Only Maxwell & Milito should be sold, Fontas should be loaned/sold with buyout clause to wherever Lucho goes next year

Alves, Pique, Puyi, Abi, Botia, Coentrao and Adriano would cover it well. In case there are emergencies at CB, Masch could anyway come handy :)

.blitzer

He costs at least 25M. And if not 30, which it his clause. And he loves Benfica, he said yesterday he want to stay another season.
And Nolito can't be included in the deal because his contract ends this summer.

iookram

We could either:

Just wait for Muniesa, Carles Planas or any other La Masia player to break into the 1st team at left back.

Or sign Fábio Coentrão and have our defence settled for the next 10 or more years(Montoya and/or Dalmau eventually replacing Dani Alves when he retires).

barcaboy15

I think he would be absolutely perfect for Barca - as others have said another Alves (imagine an Alves on both sides, it would be amazing).

Abidal is of course the king, but I think Pique/Puyol/Abidal being rotated as CBs and Alves+Coentrao as RB/LB with Adriano as back-up would be the perfect solution.
As we've seen this season, there can be a lot of injuries and we don't have enough quality cover in defence at the moment with Milito / Maxwell below par.

So, if we could get him for 20-25m + Maxwell and another player on loan to them to sweeten the deal then that would make our defence 100% complete and unbeatable!

Just imagine:

Valdes

Alves (/Adriano) -- Pique / Abidal / Puyol -- Coentrao (/Adriano)​

D

DanishCulé

He costs at least 25M. And if not 30, which it his clause. And he loves Benfica, he said yesterday he want to stay another season.
And Nolito can't be included in the deal because his contract ends this summer.

That's right. Benfica won't sell him for under 30M. His contract end in summer 2016.

majql

He looks quality! But can't we just play Adriano as our first choice? He played really well in couple of games (eg. vs Madrid, Panathinakos) and it should be even better this season cause he is getting used to our style.

Home of Barca Fans