Ernesto Valverde - V1

MTL_Barca

He won but oh man i will never like his attitude. Defending a 1 goal lead at home vs Inter while leaving out players like Dembele and Malcom is just sad.

Probably scared of his own shadow. I can already see us going out like last year, our team was never good at defending.

delancey

Funny how many believed Retardo was an attack-minded coach when he first took over. Instead we got a boring and pragmatic coach who would rather park the bus to defend a 1-0 lead at Camp Nou than play beautiful football. :valverde:

gasgas

Et tu gassy?

Yeah, well at least Valverde system is starting to make sense. It's a midfield based one, pack as many midfielders as possible who lose the ball less, win it back more and attack patiently. The attacks are quite slow though but we can still score since we have good passers on board

Messigician

Every coach has a distinct style of play that you can identify and admire. Klopp, Pep, Allegri, Sarri etc. You can see it in their teams, the tactics, the philosophy. Everything is clear.

With Valverde, The way he approaches the game and his tactics, it’s all over the place. You really have no idea what he’s doing out there but somehow we’re getting by. Hats off to him.

Yeah Klopp's style is losing finals, Allegri is choking in UC, Pep's is having the worst away record in UCL and Sarri hasn't even won a trophy.

I was browsing some other forums who are in awe of the way we play so howabout we stop the moaning for a few hours and savor the win?

Raketa10

I hate this guy but we did win, he made good subs and Rafinha even scored. We played good today so I won't complain.

gasgas

Funny how many believed Retardo was an attack-minded coach when he first took over. Instead we got a boring and pragmatic coach who would rather park the bus to defend a 1-0 lead at Camp Nou than play beautiful football. :valverde:

Beautiful football is probably overrated anyway

shadows

I think he set us up decently well..Maybe he went a bit defensive towards the end but so what..the team selection and even his subs worked.. Sure Inter for a large part sucked..but the way we are set up and the intensity seem to be there.. Not sure why some of you feel Malcolm should be subbed in lol when he hasn't played a single game yet.. Malcolm's time will come in the Copa next Wed against Leonesca!! and you lose CL's by making stupid sub in's like with Arda Turan a few years back..

Richard.H

It’s amazing to me that Camp Nou is not booing the hell out of this anti-football coach. Perhaps the camp nou is full of tourists now more so than ever before.

Tata Martino, who played more appealing football than this, got booed multiple times even when he won a match. Seems like the fans have forgotten the Barca way.

mc_lovin

Beautiful football is probably overrated anyway

Thought we played beautiful football vs Sevilla, Tottenham and Inter. Cant really argue with him regarding Dembele and Malcom if he keeps it up. Just wish he was a bit more daring with subs (aka faster and more active).

FinBarcelonafan

Every coach has a distinct style of play that you can identify and admire. Klopp, Pep, Allegri, Sarri etc. You can see it in their teams, the tactics, the philosophy. Everything is clear.

With Valverde, The way he approaches the game and his tactics, it’s all over the place. You really have no idea what he’s doing out there but somehow we’re getting by. Hats off to him.

I couldn't agree more. I have no idea what we are trying to do most of the games. It seems all over the place like you said. No structure.

Messigician

It’s amazing to me that Camp Nou is not booing the hell out of this anti-football coach. Perhaps the camp nou is full of tourists now more so than ever before.

Tata Martino, who played more appealing football than this, got booed multiple times even when he won a match. Seems like the fans have forgotten the Barca way.

Because we are playing good football?

Joan

When exactly did we park the bus? Did I miss that part?

Home of Barca Fans