Ernesto Valverde - V1

mc_lovin

Except all it takes it for you people is to see the result and pretend everything is hunky dory and not see that the same old problems lie hidden underneath the results.

Again: the result today was largely down to an excellent midfield performance. Not defensive, lucky anti football. And you gotta be allowed to say so. As soon as he plays some roma type shit I will criticise him heavily and deservedly. But this season - bar some really bad overall performances, which are bound to happen after a world cup - he didnt really fuck up too much.

Again: I would like him to rotate more and use subs sooner - but the football shown in the biggest games this season has been more than alright (Guardiola would have been praised for the midfield setup and performance).

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Again: the result today was largely down to an excellent midfield performance. Not defensive, lucky anti football. And you gotta be allowed to say so. As soon as he plays some roma type shit I will criticise him heavily and deservedly. But this season - bar some really bad overall performances, which are bound to happen after a world cup, he didnt really fuck up too much.

Again: I would like him to rotate more and use subs sooner - but the football shown in the biggest games sthis season has been more than alright (Guardiola would have been praised for the midfield setup and performance).

Where did i say in my post we were anti football?

Secondly you said as long as Valverde gets results he gets a pass for his shit squad and game management. Roma like performance won't be far away at this rate as the first XI will be dead in March and the bench will be rusty as hell. That's what people are afraid of.

mc_lovin

Where did i say in my post we were anti football?

Secondly you said as long as Valverde gets results he gets a pass for his shit squad and game management. Roma like performance won't be far away at this rate as the first XI will be dead in March and the bench will be rusty as hell. That's what people are afraid of.

I didnt say "as long as Valverde gets results he gets a pass for his shit squad and game management". As long as we play good football I wont complain (which we did vs Inter, Sevilla and Tottenham...). That he completely burns Dembele (and Malcom) is a different story. But The former doesnt make a good argument for himself while the latter is a big question mark. Hopefully he rotates more in the champions league now - the group should be relatively safe.

jairzinho

Inter were abject. Hapless. Against any elite team it could get ugly for us. With the individual quality we have, a guy like Eusebio would get 3 points tonight, trust me on that. Calling it how i see it.

mc_lovin

Thats kind of petty. But to be fair, maybe we talked past each other (I got hung up on the "defensive minded football" part someone else was throwing around, which is simply untrue).

The thing is: I can praise him and complain about his squad managenent at the same time. Its not just black and white. It doesnt exclude each other. Im really not Valverdes biggest fan, but some people here are just overcritical of him by default. Today was a good performance! And at the moment im leaning more towards Valverdes side of things than Vidals, Dembeles and Malcoms.

FCBfan22

Thats kind of petty. But to be fair, maybe we talked past each other (I got hung up on the "defensive minded football" part someone else was throwing around, which is simply untrue).

The thing is: I can praise him and complain about his squad managenent at the same time. Its not just black and white. It doesnt exclude each other. Im really not Valverdes biggest fan, but some people here are just overcritical of him by default. Today was a good performance! And at the moment im leaning more towards Valverdes side of things than Vidals, Dembeles and Malcoms.

Well, wait until we face a high energy side like Liverpool, Dortmund or similar. That's why I'm so critical about his setup. We can function like this againt teams who have one classic striker and have wingers basically playing in midfield. Against a team with pacey wingers, we will suffer. Badly.

mc_lovin

Well, wait until we face a high energy side like Liverpool, Dortmund or similar. That's why I'm so critical about his setup. We can function like this againt teams who have one classic striker and have wingers basically playing in midfield. Against a team with pacey wingers, we will suffer. Badly.

Thats just speculation at the moment. Dortmund and Liverpool won nothing yet and still kind of became the benchmark (which for me is absurd). Our setup this season with Arthur and Coutinho looks miles more composed than last seasons (which i agree would have been overrun easily). Hopefully we are physically not wasted when we meet them.

xXKonan

I have a feeling Valverde is going to use this setup vs Real.

But you also have to anticipate that lopetegui will also flood the Midfield as well. I feel the Classico is dying for Coutinho to have a lot of creative influence like playing in a free role with him building up as a #10 role behind Suarez.

I mean all bets are off considering Messi is injured right now and I feel Cou can be effective in that role.

jairzinho

As bad as Madrid are rite now, it could be anybody's game. Coutinho will be the main creator with Messi out. He should take all the free kicks, not sure what Suarez was trying to do today. :lol:

gasgas

slow ball keeping wingers are better than fast turnover machines.

i support the malligning of Dembele and Malcom

Home of Barca Fans