Ernesto Valverde - V1

kilian

Supporting Barcelona has really become tiresome. Retarded board with stupid decisions year after year. Now they finally do some things right and then you have coach that is way above his head, doing retarded things match after match. I mean the guy needed more than 10 minutes to replace an injured player. Semedo situation. Dembele situation. Malcom situation. Vidal situation.

I'm just fucking tired of this guy and his crap.

DennyCrane

Whoever break the agreement will have to pay his buyout (according to Bartou)
Anyway, if things go south I think both parties will mutually accept a termination like what happened with Tata

Most of the time the contracts with coaches aren't terminated; what usually does happen is that the coach is put on garden leave. Since that is a unilateral declaration, he can be put out of the coaching position any given moment. Now that of course raises the question why the contract is extended in the first place over two years at all; and this is what should piss people of: This contract extension is a guarenteed pay-out for Valverde (hence the smile), financed among others by socis who pay their fees.

No surpises here of course, derp management is gonna derp.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Son of a bitch! Getting Barcelona to defend a 1 goal lead at Camp Nou against an Italian club - This is the death of all that's beautiful in football asshole

Last edited:

delancey

It doesn't make a lot of sense paying 150m for Dembele and then using him as a benchwarmer. It is true that his performances have been utter crap as of lately, however the only way he will improve is by playing and getting game time.

Also, why does he keep playing certain players over and over again regardless of poor performance(ex. Rakitic, Pique, Suarez)?

We may just have the most boring coach in elite football. #ValverdeOut

El Gato

Villarato!
Whether he meant to or not, his subs improved the game for Barca. Helped the team keep the clean sheet, Rafinha (whose selection was laughed at on this board) scored and barely any one of the players had a bad game. No idea why you guys still find reasons to bitch and moan when a Messi-less team pretty much zeroed in on Inter in a tough run of fixtures.

Literally the only sensible point I can agree with to a point is that Raki needs somebody to take the load off him and Vidal/Roberto/Rafinha aren't the kind to be rotated in that position in his place with Arthur taking the brunt of it all.

jairzinho

Every coach has a distinct style of play that you can identify and admire. Klopp, Pep, Allegri, Sarri etc. You can see it in their teams, the tactics, the philosophy. Everything is clear.

With Valverde, The way he approaches the game and his tactics, it’s all over the place. You really have no idea what he’s doing out there but somehow we’re getting by. Hats off to him.

Home of Barca Fans