Ernesto Valverde - V1

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His press conferences are even more cringe worthy than his decisions as a manager... This guy is simply useless...

Devils

Rumors circulating in Spain that Lopetegui could be sacked soon.

Meanchile EV gonna go home tonight and kick back with a nice glass of scotch. :valverde2:

jairzinho

Again with the late subs. His in game management is terrible. No type of tactical adjustment or anything that can change the game. Either he doesn't know what to do OR is too coward to make attacking changes to win the game.

Last edited:

God Serena

Zero respect for the opposition and thinking of Barcelona as your personal entertainment provider. That's what makes you a gloryhunter in my book. Grow up.

It's not a lack of respect for my opponent. Leganes have two wins in 8 games, they're almost certainly going to be relegated this season. One of those two wins is us. It's the first time in their history they've ever beaten us, in fact. It's not absurd to say we should never lose to such a team. They started Rodrigo Tarin (Whom I love, btw) at CB and he was riding the bench for Barca B until not too long ago. There are no excuses.

As far as Barca being my "Personal entertainment provider" I've really got no idea what you're even trying to say there. Am I not supposed so support and love the club and wish to see it succeed, just as I always have, and always will? I hate to break it to you buddy but that's kind of how sports work.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's not a lack of respect for my opponent. Leganes have two wins in 8 games, they're almost certainly going to be relegated this season. One of those two wins is us. It's the first time in their history they've ever beaten us, in fact. It's not absurd to say we should never lose to such a team. They started Rodrigo Tarin (Whom I love, btw) at CB and he was riding the bench for Barca B until not too long ago. There are no excuses.

It is one thing to be realistic about the level of your opponents. It is another to even recognize what they're capable of on their good day and your bad day. Absolutely their first win in history, same way their first wins against many top-to-midtable teams came last season. Any losses they concede at their home ground are by a 1 goal margin, only three times did they lose there by 2 or more in the entire last season and only conceded ground to Barca, Madrid and Levante in their mad late relegation safety battle. They are a capable team on their home ground. You cannot go there thinking it'll be a walk in the park. Much like Alaves in fact. It's a manager's job to do their digging on ground history.
Don't really understand approaching these facts as an 'excuse'. Any smart manager, much less a fan, factors in possibility of having a tough game against a lower table side. Referring to them as 'relegation fodder' as if it was a guaranteed win is what reflects the attitudes of fans and very often board and players themselves. It automatically implies they are bad and they've not done anything of note and therefore are easy prey. Not really...

The only reason these losses happen for bigger teams is either because of tremendous lack of luck in front of goal or because of complacency. That's on good or decent form. Barca is in a bad way on the pitch and institutionally. Lenglet got sent off the game before that, Pique is doing whatever he pleases and Umtiti was coming down with a knee problem. This shouldn't have come as a surprise at all.

Bilbao and Valencia draws are pretty good in the grand scheme of things given the ridiculous schedule. And if you manage to get something out of the Seville game, this is a very good points tally combined with carrying on in the CL as if you never missed a beat.

Last edited:

Givenchy

I miss the days we used to go out onto the pitch vs ANYONE and play them off the park playing to our style, thats what made Barca so magical, we stamped our identity everywhere.

EV is a cowardly midtable level manager who would rather sit on a 1-1 draw than take a risk, heck even a slight risk.. subbing Dembele on in the 83rd minute is pointless. he has 7mins to make a difference, 3-4 of those mins he needs to get in the game. EV has learned NOTHING since Rome and thats troubling

our defence is getting totally exposed, telling them to park the bus is against what they've played for the majority of their careers, we were always better attacking as a form of defence. the players look clueless.. Pique was looking around like 'help me, im exhausted, just fucking sub me' Raki is being run into the dirt.. Busi aswell, its just poor management allround.

then you have his treatment of the younger/new players. throw them in the lions den with 1 chance and if/when they fuck up, its back to the bench again. (like he did Arthur - Spurs, luckily Arthur played a blinder) if it wasn't for Umtiti being out, Lenglet would of probably got this treatment after his redcard.

if Bob returns straight to the first 11 replacing Semedo.. i don't think ill watch anymore until this shitbag is gone

henias

Ev is starting to really piss me off. He's using the exact same lineup from Tottenham and then made late subs when the whole team is already exhausted. Havent had a win in 4 games and had to depend on Messi to keep us alive.

Something about his lack of mentality or the knowledge on football that he just makes the same obvious mistakes every week. By this rate, we will crash in mid season again most likely.

xXKonan

In football, it's all about finding the right balance and having back up gameplans if it's not going to well. Sometimes fielding an XI full of nothing but galacticos may not be a great idea as we see in regards to Madrid for a good number of years in the 00s.

But I see a coach who clearly has no idea what he has in terms of players and how to utilize them. His XI's prove that he relies too much on the old guard of the team while barely making room for newer players unless he absolutely has to like when we lost Nerman and Iniesta decided to leave at the end of the season.

The OG Gala this season was Dembele for Neymar and Coutinho for Iniesta, and the rest was Lucho's old XI from 2016/17 and before. However, we didn't play well and we relied on Coutinho, Messi and even Dembele pulling off a goal and individual brilliance to get us to the finish line but we also had problems with defense.

After a couple of games where things didn't go well which included some rotations, Valverde decided for the Spurs game to roll out a new attempt at a Gala. You had Semedo in for the injured Roberto, you had Lenglet for the injured Umtiti which were expected. But the only new face in the XI was Arthur at the expense of another young newer player in Dembele so Coutinho gets shoved up into the Front line.

For Valverde, in order to make changes to the XI, it always seems to be at the expense of a newer player that was in the XI such as Arthur for Dembele. It's never for an older player such as Rakitic, Pique, Suarez no matter how poorly they perform and cost us games.

It actually amazes me with the Double Standards Valverde implimented in this squad. God forbid a young/new player make mistakes but when it comes to experience vets such as Pique and Rakitic, not performing well and especially in Pique's case who straight up was the biggest culprit for our defensive issues get free passes by the coach.

Man fuck this bullshit.

God Serena

It is one thing to be realistic about the level of your opponents. It is another to even recognize what they're capable of on their good day and your bad day. Absolutely their first win in history, same way their first wins against many top-to-midtable teams came last season. Any losses they concede at their home ground are by a 1 goal margin, only three times did they lose there by 2 or more in the entire last season and only conceded ground to Barca, Madrid and Levante in their mad late relegation safety battle. They are a capable team on their home ground. You cannot go there thinking it'll be a walk in the park. Much like Alaves in fact. It's a manager's job to do their digging on ground history.

Yeah, none of that holds much value to me. We're not just another team in La Liga, we are Barca, and losing to such a team is non-excusable. It'd be another story if they played out of their minds and somehow managed to beat a Barca squad that was firing on all cylinders, but that's not at all what happened that night.

Don't really understand approaching these facts as an 'excuse'. Any smart manager, much less a fan, factors in possibility of having a tough game against a lower table side. Referring to them as 'relegation fodder' as if it was a guaranteed win is what reflects the attitudes of fans and very often board and players themselves. It automatically implies they are bad and they've not done anything of note and therefore are easy prey. Not really...

I referred to them as relegation fodder because they're a bottom table team that will most likely be relegated this season and if they aren't, it will be a huge battle for them. We're supposed to be a team competing for a treble every season, even if we know such a thing isn't possible. They may have not been a guaranteed win, but they're still a win you damn well need to pick up, and they're the type of team we at one point routinely picked apart. Back when we had at least semi-competent managers, anyways.

The only reason these losses happen for bigger teams is either because of tremendous lack of luck in front of goal or because of complacency. That's on good or decent form. Barca is in a bad way on the pitch and institutionally. Lenglet got sent off the game before that, Pique is doing whatever he pleases and Umtiti was coming down with a knee problem. This shouldn't have come as a surprise at all.

We should be able to beat Leganes with a Barca B CB. They beat us with one, so why shouldn't we be able to do the same? Complacency and horrid tactical decision making cost us the game. That's the entire point. Valverde needs to go, and he needs to go as soon as possible.

Bilbao and Valencia draws are pretty good in the grand scheme of things given the ridiculous schedule. And if you manage to get something out of the Seville game, this is a very good points tally combined with carrying on in the CL as if you never missed a beat.

Bilbao and Valencia draws would be decent results if it weren't for the fact that our manager is seemingly trying his hardest to repeat the Roma disaster with every passing game.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah, none of that holds much value to me. We're not just another team in La Liga, we are Barca, and losing to such a team is non-excusable. It'd be another story if they played out of their minds and somehow managed to beat a Barca squad that was firing on all cylinders, but that's not at all what happened that night.

So we're now assessing the likelihood of certain outcomes based on what you value? That's good.

I referred to them as relegation fodder because they're a bottom table team that will most likely be relegated this season and if they aren't, it will be a huge battle for them.

Maybe. Amazing how easy it rolls of the tongue for certain types of supporters.

We're supposed to be a team competing for a treble every season, even if we know such a thing isn't possible. They may have not been a guaranteed win, but they're still a win you damn well need to pick up, and they're the type of team we at one point routinely picked apart. Back when we had at least semi-competent managers, anyways.

Yep. Still competing. And nope, you don't pick them apart as easily any longer. Daft to not adjust the demands as fans. At some point you need to look in the mirror and acknowledge you're not going to conquer every other pitch with 30 year old Suarez, Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, Pique, a developing CM and other load of non-prospects.

We should be able to beat Leganes with a Barca B CB. They beat us with one, so why shouldn't we be able to do the same?

Hahaha, yep you go ahead and try that.

Bilbao and Valencia draws would be decent results if it weren't for the fact that our manager is seemingly trying his hardest to repeat the Roma disaster with every passing game.

They ARE decent results. Will be even better in hindsight if you get anything out of Seville and Inter games since the winter schedule eases off after the Clasico.

This is basically back to humble pie times for Spanish giants alike. Competing for trebles is pure demagoguery at this point. Got to get back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans