Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Laplacian

We will need to move all three of them next summer if we want to buy players. None of those 3 is contributing at all and all 3 are on ridiculously high salary.

And play Braithweite as No.9 and Umtiti as CB?

Depay isn't a no. 9 and will just be a surplus and won't fix any of our needs, and if the option is between playing him and Braithwaite then yes I'll take the latter. Considering Garcia isn't a better option than Umtiti or any of our other CBs, then yes I'd rather player Umtiti.

Raketa10

Depay isn't a no. 9 and will just be a surplus and won't fix any of our needs, and if the option is between playing him and Braithwaite then yes I'll take the latter. Considering Garcia isn't a better option than Umtiti or any of our other CBs, then yes I'd rather player Umtiti.

I know he is not a no.9 but we don't have proper wingers apart from Dembele (who is always injured) and Fati so we could use another one. Especially if we can get him for free. He is for sure a much better player than Trincao. Garcia on the other hand is a much better option than Umtiti who basically has one leg. Unfortunately anyone is better than Umtiti these days and we are paying him a ridiculously high salary.

Last edited:

Laplacian

I know he is not a no.9 but we don't have proper wingers apart from Dembele (who is always injured) and Fati so we could use another one. Especially if we can get him for free. He is for sure a much better player than Trincao. Garcia on the other hand is a much better option than Umtiti who basically has one leg. Unfortunately anyone is better than Umtiti these days and we are paying him a ridiculously high salary.

Depay isn't a proper winger either. He's an attacking midfielder/second striker who likes to come in from the left side. If you think our issue is width (which I agree with) then Depay isn't your solution either. Check my posts in his thread. He likes to drop deep in the center, collect the ball, and bring others into play. Signing Depay is just squad bloat.

The only signing I agree with is Wijnaldum.

JamDav1982

Depay is not a full 9 but the fact he can drop deep at times and understand how to link with players is a plus on Braithwaite who has zero idea how to do anything but try to beat defenders to low crosses.

He is a step up and a signing that Barca surely couldnt lose money on.

Surprised Milik not been linked more as a 9 free in summer but not all that up to speed with goings on in Italy.

Garcia has question marks but surely he is better than Mingueza and Umtiti and if Lenglet is on same level then sell him as would still get buyers in EPL.

Raketa10

Depay isn't a proper winger either. He's an attacking midfielder/second striker who likes to come in from the left side. If you think our issue is width (which I agree with) then Depay isn't your solution either. Check my posts in his thread. He likes to drop deep in the center, collect the ball, and bring others into play. Signing Depay is just squad bloat.

The only signing I agree with is Wijnaldum.

We can agree or disagree on Depay and I get your point as his salary won't be so insignificant and his position in our team is questionable. On the other hand can you please explain where is the risk with Garcia?

1. He would come for free
2. His salary won't be high
3. He is a 19y old Spanish NT player who will always have some resale value.

Even if he flops badly we will earn some money by reselling him to another club in 1 or 2 years time. I honestly can't see any risk there. I would even say that it would be very dumb not to sign this guy for free.

Last edited:

xXKonan

My Nightmare scenario is even if we got Garcia on a free, but we also end up with someone like Andreas Christensen who we had been linked with forever now and I'm pretty certain the Sporting Department still has him on the list of potential targets.

Garcia wouldn't be an issue but Christensen? yeah, that's gotta be a no from me dawg he would be a poorer right-footed version of Lenglet.

vuji_31

We dodget nuclear bomb Mustafi, Christensen is bullet compared to him.

I think with garcia we have 5 CB, there is no point of bringing another one

khaled_a_d

For a free transfer, he is more than welcome. People moan about everything these days.

Get rid of Umtiti.

It is about staying mediocre.
If we just sign a CB of low quality just because he is free, we are leaving our biggest weakness while trying to save money for another area.

Jallo

It is about staying mediocre.
If we just sign a CB of low quality just because he is free, we are leaving our biggest weakness while trying to save money for another area.

He is not low quality and you know that. Stop the hating FFS, gaddamnn.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is not low quality and you know that. Stop the hating FFS, gaddamnn.

Of course he isn't. He's a part of one of the most impressive youth generations at Barca, captain at every youth level (Elected by teammates), prized by Pep and continues to get into Pep's starting teams despite more than 200M spent on CB depth & knowing he wants to return home

He's a leader and will mark an era at Barca

Trafalgar

He needs to hit the gym, he,s still young so he can definitely improve physically ... dont know about his speed tho ...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
A player of his current physical profile cant be a good CB. He will be bullied by any strong striker. Really needs to gain some weight.

Home of Barca Fans