Eric García (loaned to Girona)

Messi983

We dodget nuclear bomb Mustafi, Christensen is bullet compared to him.

I think with garcia we have 5 CB, there is no point of bringing another one

Why do you keep bringing up Mustafi? It was just a stupid BS rumour which lasted for one day. We were never interested in him and talked with his agent about that kid from Rapid Wien not Mustafi.

He has the potential, but I don't rate him more than a back up CB atm.

This. We need at least one starter not more backups.

He's a leader and will mark an era at Barca

Lol, a blind trust in La Masia kids if I've ever seen one. He might turn out ok but just don't see anything special in him.

But yeah, he was a leader in youth teams so he'll surely succeed.

Porque

Good move. You have to imagine that the play is Eric in with Lenglet out in the summer while he still has good market value for some EPL side.

fergus90

I'm just not sold on Garcia at all. Every time I've seen him play I do not see any noticeable difference in quality than what's currently at Barca.

I guess we are hoping that is a repeat of Pique back in 2008. Pique struggled for game time as he had Vidic and Ferdinand in front of him, Garcia is behind Nathan Ake as City's 5th choice centre back. He can have games where he plays well and gets a lot of touches but he can also look very slow and sluggish.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Why do you keep bringing up Mustafi? It was just a stupid BS rumour which lasted for one day. We were never interested in him and talked with his agent about that kid from Rapid Wien not Mustafi.

This. We need at least one starter not more backups.

Lol, a blind trust in La Masia kids if I've ever seen one. He might turn out ok but just don't see anything special in him.

But yeah, he was a leader in youth teams so he'll surely succeed.

No, you're right. He's short for a CB (under 6ft tall), he's slow (so doesn't solve our pace issue), he's not good with physicality (so doesn't solve our lack of physicality issue), and he's inexperienced because he's young which makes him mistake prone (so doesn't solve our issue of making hilarious defensive errors). He seems to be tactically intelligent and good with the ball, that's it. He doesn't add anything to our game, he's mistake prone, and he's a back up to City's back up CBs.

If he wasn't from La Masia he would have never been considered, and certainly not wanted by users on this forum. Like I said, Barca DNA is a disease and it's ruining this club.

Porque

No, you're right. He's short for a CB (under 6ft tall), he's slow (so doesn't solve our pace issue), he's not good with physicality (so doesn't solve our lack of physicality issue), and he's inexperienced because he's young which makes him mistake prone (so doesn't solve our issue of making hilarious defensive errors). He seems to be tactically intelligent and good with the ball, that's it. He doesn't add anything to our game, he's mistake prone, and he's a back up to City's back up CBs.

If he wasn't from La Masia he would have never been considered, and certainly not wanted by users on this forum. Like I said, Barca DNA is a disease and it's ruining this club.

On the plus side. He doesn't wave his arms around like this when defending.

6db55e28431b6f689d3cc7ab4f8d43b0.gif

FinBarcelonafan

I'm just not sold on Garcia at all. Every time I've seen him play I do not see any noticeable difference in quality than what's currently at Barca.

I guess we are hoping that is a repeat of Pique back in 2008. Pique struggled for game time as he had Vidic and Ferdinand in front of him, Garcia is behind Nathan Ake as City's 5th choice centre back. He can have games where he plays well and gets a lot of touches but he can also look very slow and sluggish.

He is a prospect, nothing more. He is valued at 20 million on transfermarkt. Seems like a fine deal. Especially when it's LaMasia kid for 5mil. Not sure how anyone can hate this move? It has some upside and its a local kid.

Sounds great to me, but you have to see what it is. He is coming here for a bit of playing time, not to start games.

TheStig

He could make a great partnership with Araujo who is the opposite of him - strong, fast, agressive. If he will play with Lenglet he will be awful.

behindbrowneyes

He is a prospect, nothing more. He is valued at 20 million on transfermarkt. Seems like a fine deal. Especially when it's LaMasia kid for 5mil. Not sure how anyone can hate this move? It has some upside and its a local kid.

Sounds great to me, but you have to see what it is. He is coming here for a bit of playing time, not to start games.

It's not 5M, it's 5M+5M. The question they should ask if it is really necessary to buy him in a financial dire situation instead of signing him for free in summer. It's not 2016 anymore and 5M+5M should not be wasted for Garcia who won't significantly improve the backline with Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza and Umtiti all being fit atm while Pique is expected to be back at the end of February the latest. Better save this money and get him for free in the summer. He only wants to move to Barca.

Joan

Mingueza is highly overperforming his capabilities, I'd think. Doubt he can keep this solid level for a string.

But don't really see Garcia as a huge short term solution either.

Home of Barca Fans