Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If he loves the club so much then why did he leave in first place? Also, my point was that if he'd be some Brazilian kid who would be a 5th choice CB at City then all those La Masia cultists who wants him back now would be crying out loud on twitter how he's another example of money laundering, lol.

The decimation of La Masia by Segura & Bartomeu aren't reason enough? How many blue chip cantera players have fled in the Rosell/Bartomeu era? Countless and what do they all consistently say when asked about their reasons? No path to 1st team, no priority on cantera

Garcia was a leader (Captain at every youth level) and he exited, what does that say? Moreover, he wants to return to be part of the course correction of the club

JamDav1982

The decimation of La Masia by Segura & Bartomeu aren't reason enough? How many blue chip cantera players have fled in the Rosell/Bartomeu era? Countless and what do they all consistently say when asked about their reasons? No path to 1st team, no priority on cantera

Garcia was a leader (Captain at every youth level) and he exited, what does that say? Moreover, he wants to return to be part of the course correction of the club

More B team players made it to the first team to get chances than previous ten years. Just not quite good enough.

Chose to believe players are going to City for 'path to first team' and not money if you like... but you might want to compare how many B team/reserve team players get chances in first team of both and Barca dwarfes them.

In short.... more Barca B team players found way to first team chances since 2010 than same time period before it and far, far more got chances than at likes of City.

Promised the world of first team chances and money at likes of City... in reality young players are trying to get away from there each season due to lack of chances.

But just keep repeating the lazy agenda of these young players who are promised money and promotions regardless of it being earned. That is why they are moving.

What do you expect them to say? 'I moved for the money and promise of faster promotions'? Dont be so naive.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Right,

Thiago
Rafinha
Grimaldo
Adama
Deulofeu
Olmo
Mboula
LSW
Kubo
Bernabe
Gomez
Simons
Carles Perez
Onana
Cucurella
Munir

Meanwhile, only 1 player in 10 years from the cantera has made it into the first team - Fati and that is recent and only due to injury reasons else he too had nearly left while Mingueza would never have played were it not for injuries

Sit down, you're drunk Jam

Andresito

Staff member
Right,

Thiago
Rafinha
Grimaldo
Adama
Deulofeu
Olmo
Mboula
LSW
Kubo
Bernabe
Gomez
Simons
Carles Perez
Onana
Cucurella
Munir

Meanwhile, only 1 player in 10 years from the cantera has made it into the first team - Fati and that is recent and only due to injury reasons else he too had nearly left while Mingueza would never have played were it not for injuries

Sit down, you're drunk Jam

Who's LSW?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
EqKXFMzWMAAPNL-

Porque

Victor Font has announced that Eric Garcia will be his new sporting director, general manager, coach and centreback.

In Victor Font we trust.

Birdy

Problem with Garcia is opportunity cost, we could sign for him and then don't go for another CB at all, which could be a disaster

It will be a disaster.
I don't see any quality Garcia has that the available CBs at the moment are lacking.
The prospect of making Araujo sit on the bench to play Garcia is terrible,
and the prospect of missing a CB on the market with the qualities we lack will be a disaster indeed

vuji_31

I am afraid he will be bullied against stronger players. He seems weak.

There is no money for better CB.

I think it is better to buy CF then CB.

Garcia,Wijnaldum and Haaland.

Coutinho/Griezmann,Trincao and Umtiti out.

gregorrin10

I am afraid he will be bullied against stronger players. He seems weak.

There is no money for better CB.

I think it is better to buy CF then CB.

Garcia,Wijnaldum and Haaland.

Coutinho/Griezmann,Trincao and Umtiti out.

Think you've mistaken / for , there...Coutinho AND Griezmann BOTH need to go, that much is VERY CLEAR. I'd much rather keep Trincao than any of the two, I honestly think his is just a case of momentary lack of confidence/feeling the pressure of playing for Barca, and even if he won't ever be good enough for a star role, he can still be a great squad player, while the two 'stars' are finished, quality-wise and even more so mentally! And considering how much they're making compared to Trincao while being equally shit, the choice is clear. Not to mention we'd get twice the money than we'd get for Trincao.

Last edited:

vuji_31

I know that they both need to go, but let's be real they will both be here next season.

I was just a little optimistic with hoping one of them will go.

Don't mind transfer, just loan Umtiti somwhere.

Home of Barca Fans